PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Daily News' Rich Cimini takes SI report out of context, makes up BB quote (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NY Daily News' Rich Cimini takes SI report out of context, makes up BB quote

It's a newspaper over 718,000 receive daily and probably millions read everyday on their website.

To make this big of a mistake is huge. He should be fired or suspended.

I do hope you mean Cimini. Yes?

Re: NY Daily News' Rich Cimini takes SI report out of context, makes up BB quote

Wow guys, overreact much? he should be fired for what could easily be a good-faith error?

Give the guy a chance to note his mistake and issue an apology. Besides, it's the Daily News. Do you expect better?

Props to Tomase, who was not even the one at fault, for quickly updating and correcting (and attributing the public for calling him about it) 10 minutes ago. The original journalist, however, 35 minutes after being called on it has not done one thing yet. Even if the guy is out in the hamptons at a tea party, The Daily News Sports Desk has not done one thing about it yet, either.

I hope Kerry Rhodes knocks this guy's block off.

I do hope you mean Cimini. Yes?

Of course.

Is anyone else amazed that while Tomase has already corrected his post reporting on Cimini's post, the original Cimini and the Daily News (who by this time have had at least 30 minutes of e-mails and phone calls from around the country) still have the original story up on their site and have not issued one word of correction or apology???????

Incredible.

I bet there's some degree of "damage control" going on, but there's no rush.

The media is accountable to no one short of slander.

This will be passed off as a simple mistake.

Wow guys, overreact much? he should be fired for what could easily be a good-faith error?

Give the guy a chance to note his mistake and issue an apology. Besides, it's the Daily News. Do you expect better?

As someone (shmessy?) noted, the fact that he went to Rhodes looking for a reaction is HUGE.

I don't want him fired, but I don't for a second believe it was a mistake made in good faith.

Last edited:

I JUST SPOKE TO THE SPORTS EDITOR AT THE DAILY NEWS:

HIIIILARIOUS. He knew nothing about it. To his credit he stayed on the phone with me. I explained the whole situation and that it was sort of blowing up all over the internet, and that Cimini went around getting player reactions, etc... and he said he'd look into it. I was shocked he didn't hang up and even more shocked he doesn't know anything about it.

But I sense he's about to.

Excellent job. Excellent.

The story is still up.

Any bets on how long it takes until it's taken down?

I've sent out a flurry of e-mails.

Tomase has taken the story down off his blog.

Thank you Pats1. At a minimum it'd be nice to see Cimini suspended for a week so that he can't cover this game for the Jets.

What are you guys talking about? Every single local writer got the Asante tender story wrong, and Tomase's the only local guy to have looked into this story at all now. And you STILL slam him? Good God. What a pretty bunch of ladies you are.

Actually, every single writer did NOT get the Asante tender story wrong.

Yes, I slam Tomase because he tends to write before he looks. That being said, he did make a correction in his blog.

Sorry, but that is not a good faith error. That come across as intentional to fuel the Pats/Jets feud.

Actually, every single writer did NOT get the Asante tender story wrong.

Yes, I slam Tomase because he tends to write before he looks. That being said, he did make a correction in his blog.

I said "every single LOCAL writer" and you conveniently left that out. Try again, Cimini2.0.

Thank you Pats1. At a minimum it'd be nice to see Cimini suspended for a week so that he can't cover this game for the Jets.

This morning, I'm not so sure this guy has any desire whatsoever to show his face within ten feet of any New York Jets player. :)

I said "every single LOCAL writer" and you conveniently left that out. Try again, Cimini2.0.

And every single LOCAL writer didn't get it wrong. Damn you can be just as ignorant as Cimini.

SMY had it correct. That Asante would be in camp on this past Monday. She was also the one that mentioned that Samuel hadn't signed the tender on Monday.

Re: Bill Belichick rips Kerry Rhodes - "Couldn't make my team"

Is THAT what Cimini is talking about????????

How does someone like that keep his job and credibility?

This type of slop isn't that unusual from the media when they have an agenda,

This type of slop isn't that unusual from the media when they have an agenda,

Yeah, well when is the next time that Cimini will feel comfortable being within 10 feet of Kerry Rhodes?

Is THAT what Cimini is talking about????????

How does someone like that keep his job and credibility?

Imagine.
Journalistic malpractice even in the New York media.
Who'd athunk?

Ok, let's be realistic. Just like 37 made a big mistake, so has Cimini made a big mistake. The media/fans in NY are likely searching for anything to motivate their team.

Was it malicious? Does Cimini have a history of this type of thing? But, for a major paper, this is a huge mistake.

And every single LOCAL writer didn't get it wrong. Damn you can be just as ignorant as Cimini.

SMY had it correct. That Asante would be in camp on this past Monday. She was also the one that mentioned that Samuel hadn't signed the tender on Monday.

For the second part, I didn't remember it that way and I disagree with your interpretation - and I'm a fan of SMY. The implication of her article was that it was a done deal, and that Asante was in the fold. This is silly to deny. As for the first part of what you said - I made a little joke about Cimini2.0, but you have to actually take it seriously, and get personal - feel free to take your little pseudo-macho alpha male crap and stick it.

Yeah, well when is the next time that Cimini will feel comfortable being within 10 feet of Kerry Rhodes?

I bet he could care less, he got his story all that he cares about. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back