PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Numbers don't lie...(Going by the numbers 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
OFFENSE:
-Patriots are the 11th total offense in the league. Averaging 5.2 yards per play. Odd fact the Patriots are 78.6% successful on 4th down. Best percentage for any team over 5 attempts.
-Patriots are 13th in Passing.
-Patriots are 7th in Rushing.
-Patriots are 11th best Scoring Offense.
-New England is now only +2 in the turnover margin. Making them 10th in the league

DEFENSE:
-Defense are the 9th ranked defense. Before the Jets game they were ranked 12th. So technically we are better now. lol.
-Patriots are 23rd in the league at Pass Defense. (Last week was 28th)
-Patriots are still the 3rd best Run Defense. Odd Note to go along the Patriots and Packers have only allowed 1 20+ yard run this season. Both have been great at stopping the run the season.
-Still the 4th best Scoring Defense.
-Kicking defense slightly improved moving up 2 spots to number 17 this week.
-NEW STAT. Patriots are the 6th best Field Goal defense.

Until next week.

SeanBruschi54 said:
OFFENSE:
-Patriots are the 11th total offense in the league. Averaging 5.2 yards per play. Odd fact the Patriots are 78.6% successful on 4th down. Best percentage for any team over 5 attempts.
-Patriots are 13th in Passing.
-Patriots are 7th in Rushing.
-Patriots are 11th best Scoring Offense.
-New England is now only +2 in the turnover margin. Making them 10th in the league

DEFENSE:
-Defense are the 9th ranked defense. Before the Jets game they were ranked 12th. So technically we are better now. lol.
-Patriots are 23rd in the league at Pass Defense. (Last week was 28th)
-Patriots are still the 3rd best Run Defense. Odd Note to go along the Patriots and Packers have only allowed 1 20+ yard run this season. Both have been great at stopping the run the season.
-Still the 4th best Scoring Defense.
-Kicking defense slightly improved moving up 2 spots to number 17 this week.
-NEW STAT. Patriots are the 6th best Field Goal defense.

Until next week.

I'm curious as to how the Pats rank on 3rd down Defense. I've felt like they have struggled on 3rd down all season. My guess is that they have been the worst team in football the last two weeks against Indy and the Jets.

kurtinelson said:
I'm curious as to how the Pats rank on 3rd down Defense. I've felt like they have struggled on 3rd down all season. My guess is that they have been the worst team in football the last two weeks against Indy and the Jets.
Patriots allow 39.5% of third downs. Which ranks them 18th in the league. Its been bumped up after the Colts game since i think we allowed something like 85% of third downs. We were in the top 15 before the Colts games.

Anyone know 3rd down offense stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back