PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Number 22, here it comes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Marino just said Tom Brady has won the last 21 games straight in Foxboro (I thought New England lost to the Jets in foxboro recently).

But 22 has been an ominous number for us in the past.

Marino just said Tom Brady has won the last 21 games straight in Foxboro (I thought New England lost to the Jets in foxboro recently).

Cassel was the QB in last year's loss to the jets.

I had to try and process this statement as well (I was only half paying attention though). Obviously, last year's lost to the Jets didn't involve Brady - but I still don't the stat it is accurate. 21 home games would represent over 2 full seasons and the Pats were not undefeated at home the season before the 16-0 season (2006).

Last edited:
It doesn't sound right. 2 games this year, 1 last year, 10 in 07. In 06 they lost to the Jets and Colts at home in November and only had one home playoff game.

:confused:

OK I did a quick PFR check. Let's include playoff games plus also let's include the Kansas City game in 2008 where Brady got the injury. The last home loss was Sunday, November 12, 2006, against the New York Jets. Since then...

2006: 4 wins (3 regular season plus 1 post season)
2007: 10 wins (8 regular season plus 2 post season)
2008: 1 win
2009: 2 wins

So that brings us to a total of 17. You don't suppose Marino is including the preseason?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back