Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nukes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, May 3, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Latest issue of Discover has several short articles relating to the environment (energy, water, air, etc). The article about energy said we should be bringing new nuclear plants on line. Each fuel pellet the size of the end of a finger can replace a ton (roughly) of coal. The fuel can be reprocessed yada yada, be stored in concrete caskets when used up, placed in the mountain etc etc.

I confess, I don't know all that much about nuclear power, other than new plants are a lot safer, and France uses several.

Personally, I'm not really comfortable with the idea of having the nuclear waste sitting around, although I'm sure that in another few decades some bright person will have figured out a way to render it perfectly safe.

I believe I'd rather spend the resources and effort developing various other alternative sources, be they switch grass ethanol, the production of oil from organic waste, solar, wind, geothermal, tide movement etc.

Thoughts?
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 2 / -9

We have to find a way to get these UFO's to land and talk to us, they know all about that nuclear stuff they have been using it for millions of years, it will be hard to make contact with them though, we scare the sh!t out of them, back in the late thirties they hovered over Washington DC one day and they saw Eleanor Roosevet in a Girl Scout Uniform having sex in the White House Rose Garden with Ethel Barrymore and they didn't come back for 28 years.

:bricks:
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

We need to pound the problem of how to harness controlled Nuclear Fusion reactors. It will provide clean, safe energy forever. The only cost will be the building of the plants.

Wind and solar are good and exist now. We have enough tech to supply ourselves with safe renewablw energy today.

Nukes are not good. We might have to use them more, though.

Coal/oil is worse. It is filthy, destroys the environment, harms people's health directly and will be gone soon.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +490 / 2 / -9

We Should All Kill Ourselves