Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nuke America

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +504 / 2 / -9

Well, at least we got Scooter Libby.

Recently, FBI Director Robert Mueller, in an interview with NewsMax, confirmed Williams' main claim. Mueller said al-Qaida's paramount goal is clear: to detonate a nuclear device that would kill hundreds of thousands of Americans.

Mueller told NewsMax that at times, the threat feels so real he lies awake at night thinking about the prospect.

Williams maintains that al-Qaida is not content on blowing up one nuclear device or even simply a "dirty" nuke — but wants to explode real nuclear devices in seven U.S. cities simultaneously.

Williams says these cities are New York, Washington, D.C., Las Vegas, Miami, Boston, Houston, and Los Angeles.
    http://w3.newsmax.com/a/dayofislam/?promo_code=2A89-1&s=lh
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 4 / -4

It's very well could be true, so that's why it's a good idea that Bush is restarting the arms race so there will be more nuclear weapons and more technicians and scientists engaged in related fields. :rolleyes: At any rate, going after Saddam has clearly limited our ability to go after Al Qaeda, so what's your point Harry? That Bush is wrong? If so, we agree!
  3. mr3putt

mr3putt Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Congratulations Harry...

With that thread title you just made the NSA watch list.
    Hear any strange clicks on your phone lately?
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol.... was thinking the exact same thing.... brilliant..
  5. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Nuke America? The offseason is long enough as it is. Taking the NFL out of commission completely would make me REALLY mad. :mad:

I agree that the aim of terrorists is, one day, to set off a nuke. It's a really, really scary prospect. The problem is that no one knows who is close to the capability. It's one of the reasons why we should really worry about a country like Pakistan falling to extremists.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

Chop, chop, chop....
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +504 / 2 / -9

When they find out who I am they will laugh their a$s off (the word "bomb" sets off the same bells)
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

Which is why I'm astounded at the ignorance of some in here, who constantly claim we should ( or should have) invade Pakistan.
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozn-C6_ipSc :D
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +504 / 2 / -9

If I tell them I have "dark skin, a black beard, a donkey in my garage and that I was born in Iran" they won't bother me, they won't want to offend me :rocker:
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree that al-Qaeda will not rest until a mushroom cloud appears over American skies, but I don't buy the "7-cities" idea expressed above. Nucular bombs aren't exactly items that can just be bought wholesale or mass produced by al-Qaeda. If they ever got their hands on 1, they wouldn't just sit on it until they could get 7.

I figure they are trying to get 1 (or maybe 2 at most) and NY and Washington DC are the cities I would think they would target. I think this is a very frightening and plausible scenario - in fact, one could argue there is a certain inevitability to it. I think our best hopes is that their attempt is just a dud (not that that would permanently stop them because their first attack on the WTC was a dud years before 9/11).
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

If you believe some of the fringe lunatics, they already have suitcase nukes inside our borders.

[​IMG]

TIME

Can A Nuke Really Fit Into A Suitcase?

Monday, Oct. 29, 2001
    By BILL SAPORITO WITH REPORTING BY MARK THOMPSON/WASHINGTON

Could the next chapter of our national nightmare be a nuclear one? How hard would it be for operatives of Osama bin Laden to deliver a "suitcase nuke" to our doorstep?

For years, cloak-and-dagger stories have circulated that Soviet suitcase nukes (also known as atomic demolition munitions, or ADMs) had gone unaccounted for and presumably ended up on the Russian black market. The Russians have offered confusing and conflicting statements about the disposition of their ADMs, leading some to suspect the worst. The ADMs weigh from 60 lbs. to 100 lbs., according to Bruce Blair, a former U.S. Air Force officer and expert on Soviet nuclear weapons. They could be carried in a case 8 in. by 16 in. by 24 in. The fissile material inside the mini-nukes degrades over time, though, and it's unlikely that the Russians maintained them or that their new owners could. "There's no good evidence that any rebel group or terrorist has these," says John Lepingwell, a nuclear expert with the Monterey Institute of International Studies.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1001068,00.html

HOMELAND INSECURITY

Russian WMDs hidden in U.S.?

New evidence suggests al-Qaida after them

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 13, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – It was little more than a rumor during the darkest days of the Cold War.

Did agents of the Soviet Union conceal nuclear and biological weapons of mass destruction inside the U.S. and other western cities?

New evidence suggests they did – and that Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida terrorists network is determined to find them and use them with the help of bribed Russian spies or special forces soldiers who have maintained their secret locations for all these years.

According to a report by Gordon Thomas and David M. Dastych in the latest issue of the Polish news and opinion weekly Wprost, U.S. authorities searched in vain for the nuclear devices in New York City the day after the Sept. 11, 2001, al-Qaida attacks.

They had been tipped off about the possible existence of Russian "suitcase nukes" in the area by officials in Poland and the Czech Republic, according to the report.

No nuclear weapons were found Sept. 12, 2001, or thereafter. But, more recently, U.S. intelligence services have become concerned about efforts by terrorists to buy off former Soviet and current Russian agents with knowledge of the weapons.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45253

[​IMG]

Al Qaeda bluffing about having suitcase nukes, experts say

Russians claim terrorists couldn't have bought them

Anna Badkhen, Chronicle Staff Writer

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

(03-23) 04:00 PDT Moscow -- Ayman al-Zawahri, al Qaeda's No. 2 man, has bragged that the terrorist group bought suitcase nuclear bombs from former Soviet nuclear scientists in Moscow and Central Asia, but experts on Russia's nuclear program dismiss the statements, saying Osama bin Laden's deputy is bluffing.

Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir, who is writing bin Laden's biography, told the Australian Broadcasting Corp. last week that al-Zawahri made the boast during a 2001 interview when he was asked whether the terror network really had nuclear weapons.

Al-Zawahri, the Egyptian doctor believed to be a mastermind of the Sept. 11, attacks, laughed and said: "If you have $30 million, go to the black market in central Asia, contact any disgruntled Soviet scientist and a lot of . .. dozens of smart briefcase bombs are available," Mir reported. "They have contacted us, we sent our people to Moscow, to Tashkent (the capital of Uzbekistan), to other Central Asian states, and they negotiated, and we purchased some suitcase bombs.''

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/03/23/MNG8D5PM7L1.DTL
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

eat nothing... drink nothing.... avoid your mail... do not travel unless absolutely necessary... stay in your homes.... report all suspicious looking persons...
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -2

Nothing you really need to worry about in the safety of your Mom's basement. :p

Kidding PC! ;)
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +504 / 2 / -9

Nothing you really need to worry about in the safety of your Mom's basement.
    Not Kidding :D
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Tell that to all the people they didn't want to offend rotting in Guantanamo right now.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +504 / 2 / -9

They locked them up before they didn't want to offend them.
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They keep locking up more. C'monn Harry, if what you were saying was true there would be no minorities in prison.