PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NT Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hippo who kept all those nasty blockers off All-World Lewis ... sure deserves a look-see.

But what do you suppose he'd cost?

He's much more likely to go to the Browns as a starter.

Klecko!!! LMAO!!! :D

(somebody had to say it)

Unless they like Mike Wright as a potential starter, I expect a Day One draft choice here. We're a heartbeat (or an injury) away from Mike Wright or Klecko being our NT starter unless we move Seymour or Warren to NT.

BelichickFan said:
Unless they like Mike Wright as a potential starter, I expect a Day One draft choice here. We're a heartbeat (or an injury) away from Mike Wright or Klecko being our NT starter unless we move Seymour or Warren to NT.

Mike Wright was the surprise of camp last year and if he can continue to develop we would have what we need - a solid, inexpensive back up. Certainly the "fill in" moves you cite of Seymour and/or Warren also would work. So.....I think we are OK, even if we do not score with a FA such as Ma'ake or a home run in the draft.

BelichickFan said:

Agree. And there are several good prospects that we could pick up in the third or possibly early on day 2 depending how the frist day goes.

PATSNUTme said:
Agree. And there are several good prospects that we could pick up in the third or possibly early on day 2 depending how the frist day goes.

One thing to remember also is that our #4 from Detroit is very high in the round (10?..11?), which is important since the top picks in the 4th round are very valuable since teams get to reset their draft boards after Day 1 and target certain overlooked or over-analyzed players from Day 1.

That could be a very valuable pick, and a place to maybe grab a backup NT.

How about Bill's soon-to-be-free agent Sam Adams?

Bingo.

groundgame said:
How about Bill's soon-to-be-free agent Sam Adams?
The Pats have had 3 chances to sign him; most recently during the spring of '03.
If the Bills cut him after June 1, and BB/SP thereafter give him the wine 'n dine, I think (hope?) that Big Sam comes aboard with a little hometown discount.
Think of the obvious marketing possibilities, coupled with the chance to win a ring while playing for the same team as your father did.
What is more important to you right now, Sam: making a few extra thou, or retiring a champion (see Bettis, Jerome)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes