Welcome to PatsFans.com

NSA could have prevented 9/11 hijackings

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The Spy Factory will be shown over most PBS stations on February 3, 2009 at 8 pm.

The Raw Story | PBS: NSA could have prevented 9/11 hijackings

Author James Bamford looked into the performance of the NSA in his 2008 book, The Shadow Factory, and found that it had been closely monitoring the 9/11 hijackers as they moved freely around the United States and communicated with Osama bin Laden's operations center in Yemen. The NSA had even tapped bin Laden's satellite phone, starting in 1996.

"The NSA never alerted any other agency that the terrorists were in the United States and moving across the country towards Washington," Bamford told PBS.

so much for the "Nobody could've forseen th eevents of 9-11" BS

military running excersices of hijacked airliners that day
    NSA had tabs on the hijackers
    Bin Laden's Phone tapped since 1996
    PDB 'Bin Laden determined to strike within the US'

Bush kept us safe?????

what a joke.

2. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Looks more like to me that president Clintons non actions are what allowed these events to take place.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

If NSA had said sometning, if the Muslims were caught and stopped, the Muslims would have denied it, the Liberal Media, The democrats and Mush Mouth Matthews would all have gone insane accusing Bush of violating the Muslims civil liberties and accusing Bush of racism, then the Grinning Pelosi Gang would have wanted everybody that works for NSA put in prison for life. it would have been worse than "The Dog Leash Lady"

Maybe NSA knew what they were doing, left wing liberal America has been known for wanting to "turn the criminal loose and put the cop in jail"

If Bush had said they stopped an attack Jon Stewart would have been making fun of him for years.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

right, right.....

everything is bill clinton's fault....

here we go.....

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

If magic was real, Doug Henning would still be president...

http://www.lcshockey.com/content/henning.jpg

lets all live in YOUR world Harry!

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

If GW Bush said he stopped an attack on America that was planned for 9/11 Imagine the laughing and ridicule the Bush Haters would have given him, Jon Stewart would still be blabbing about it.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

Clinton Had 8 Years
    Bush Had 8 Months

8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That's the fact jack. 9-11-01 wasn't planned in 01.

9. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

10. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Agreed, Cheney and the PNAC had been planning this for years. They just needed a dumb puppet to become president.

11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,467 / 33 / -54

No Jersey Selected

For God's sake, this happened nearly a decade ago. Can we please let it go? Even if we had somehow prevented 9/11, Murphy's Law of "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong" would have went into effect and there would have been a different disaster on an epic scale that would have taken an intense toll on human life. We as a country need to look to the future lest there be no future left when we finally do look.

12. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Good article. Could have prevented really sticks out to me.

I mean we could have prevented Pearl Harbor. Also, weren't their telltale signs with Dillon and Kliebold (sp) were going crazy? That probably could have been prevented. Didn't we have a bunch of info about the first trade center bombing? I guess that could have been prevented. Do you think that the 19 or so hijackers were the only ragheads making calls to overseas or could have the NSA been tracking thousands of these camel rapers? Isn't it common knowledge that during Clinton's administration they could have killed Bin Laden? Didn't we hear that the attacks in India, London, and Bali could have been prevented?

And the water drains out of the bucket.

13. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

K-dog,

I beg to differ, we need to look to the past and learn from it, as to not make the same mistakes.

Vietnam....

forgotten

Iraq...

9-11 is a HUGE benchmark in policy shifting in the United States percieved world view. It is the EXACT moment the Bush administration, in retrospect, chose the wrong path on a crossroad. We need to remeber, and learn.

14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Come to think of it, even that massive diarea I took yesterday, could have been prevented, had I opted to eat only one piece of cake, instead of three.

:eek:

15. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'll watch what these guys have to say on Feb 3rd at 8pm on PBS before I decide on what role they COULD HAVE played on 9/11.

Y'all know where I stand on this...

16. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

OK, as long as we agree.

17. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ha!......

Clinton made you eat the 2nd and third pieces.

18. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +734 / 11 / -7

Isn't PNAC transparent in advocating its goals -- i.e., arming the US to the teeth, whacking the other guy, etc. etc. etc.?

For me this is reminiscent of the guys saying "The clean break report!!!! LOOK AT THE CLEAN BREAK REPORT!!!!! Israel Manipulates the US!!!!"

Well, you look it up, and the "Clean Break" report turns out to be the product of a think tank made up of Israeli and American Jewish neocons. They indeed identify Saddam Hussein as needing deposing, however they had the bright idea that the Saudis and Jordanians should get the job done.

But a bunch of retards read that American and Israeli neocons had put their heads together about issues facing American/Israeli relations. They naturally conclude that Israel manipulated the US into going to war in Iraq, that America is in Israel's pocket, and that pro-Israeli lobbyists in the US -- not GW Bush -- were actively causing all America's wars, horrifyingly using outsized US aid payments to get American boys killed.

Except that the subject of Clean Break was disentangling American aid from Israel's future, and deemphasizing the two nations' alliance to let both parties have more freedom of action.

9/11 was caused by a bunch of terrorists driving planes into buildings. How goddam complicated is that?

(Unless it was these guys... YouTube - The Simpsons Stonecutters Song)

PFnV

19. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

But wasn't this already cited as a major failing of the system in assessing what went wrong with 9/11, that interagency contact was not only not done, but essentially forbidden in the interest of protecting "the wall"? I have no idea but I'd be willing to bet that plots either at home or abroad since 9/11 have been thwarted specifically because the administration responded to the failings of 9/11 by changing policy.

Go back to 9/11/01, and let's pretend that we had no idea these guys were going to do what they did. You have a group of arabs most of whom were here legally (immigration papers in good status) and were being watched by the government for contact with known terrorists. So that morning the FBI swoops in on the planes before takeoff and arrests them and detains them before any wrongdoing. You now have a group of legal immigrants arrested and detained for nothing more than speaking over the phone. Isn't that EXACTLY the kind of policy many decry as ruining this country because it infringes upon our civil liberties?

I'm just trying to point out that its tough to say the government should have done more to stop 9/11 then complain about the steps the government tried to take to make sure it didn't happen again.

(of course this all assumes there was no government involvement in 9/11, something I strongly believe but know not everyone here does)

20. memento

memento On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

there were a lot less bush haters before the iraq invasion.

i agree