Welcome to PatsFans.com

NPR exec calls tea party members racist, xenophobic in secretly recorded video

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Mar 9, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

After hearing about this I was truly shocked

NPR exec calls tea party members racist, xenophobic in secretly recorded video

Attached Files:

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

3. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

He is entitled to his opinion, however ignorant and bigoted it may be.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's inappropriate given his job. So reflex, would you say the majority of Tea Party members are racist, racist Islamophobic, really xenophobic people? is that the first image you see when they are brought up? Don't succumb to prejudice. It can lead to bigotry and is slanderous.

In any event NPR officials are sure distancing themselves from him. I wonder if it's sincere?
  5. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

What if the answer is, truly, yes?

Just as Harry Boy sees all democrats as scum sucking loons maybe there are also people who see all Tea Partiers as racist, Islanophobic, xenophobic people.

For the same reason.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I guess maybe my question and your answer was a bit rhetorical. I wish the answers weren't truly yes and I wish we all would take a step back once and a while and examine ourselves.
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

This country has become a circus. We value technology, fat slobs losing weight on TV...and people crying over getting a chance to be on American Idol.

We now look at politics as "either you're with us or against us" and we stand behind party lines as if we KNOW our side it right. I don't think most Americans even have the ability or desire to know what's really going on. So we sit and sling sh1t day after day hoping something will get done. That somebody or someone will "FIX" all that is wrong.

We're so negative, we don't even see that there's still a lot of good things happening and opportunities abound. I think some of us believe it was all taken away...WTF??

It's sad to watch...REALLY sad.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey

Harry ... our lovable Harry Boy ... nah ... just liberals are "LoonBaggers".
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You all know that this was orchestrated by O'Keefe... who dressed as a muslim.. Breitbart did not even want anything to do with this...

I agree that NPR should no longer be funded, and break free from the shackles that the Republicans want to place on them.. they will survive and ultimately be stronger.
  10. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Wow almost as pernicious as calling a governor and pretending to be one of the Koch brothers...oh, wait.
  11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't think that the VAST majority of tea partiers are racist or xenophobic, but there are some and they make a lot of noise. And you know what they say..."the squeeky wheel gets the grease" or attention in this case. As far as the NPR exec goes its her opinion and just as she didn't allow it to affect her ability to do her job fairly then who cares. I'm sure there are many people in the news business that think left wing liberals are all tree hugging communists. But again as long as they don't allow their opinion to creep into their job again who cares. Unless you feel self concious about your beliefs then it shouldnt' bother you.
  12. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

OKeefe's a genius.

Another liberal pig outed. By the way, By the way, NPR supposedly does the news and not opinion shows...

CEO has been fired. Good riddens. Juan Williams says hello you two faced whore.

NPR chairman says board asked CEO to step down.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The chairman of NPR's board of directors says the board asked chief executive Vivian Schiller to step down after another executive called the tea party racist.

News from The Associated Press
  13. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What I really take from all of these "blunders" is just how stupid many pols and other ofiicials are.

How does he not do his due diligence before sitting down w/O'Keefe? How is Walker unaware that it's not really one of the Koch brothers?

(btw, since it was O'Keefe -- anybody make sure this hasn't been doctored or edited? :) )
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So not vast, just majority? The squeaky wheel analogy is a slippery slope and I for one try not to judge groups based on the noisy or a few rotten apples. It's what MrsP was talking about. Do you like it when Harry does it?

I can't see how an official of a public news organization with such deep prejudice can not been seen as having a total conflict of interest, given his position.
  15. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Can we consider them "isolated extremists" that reveal nothing about the movement itself? Or is that reasoning limited to another group?
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

The scumsucking loon bastard from Loony NPR is gone, his BIGOTRY and Left Wing Hate cost him his job, f-ck him and dog.

:bricks:
  17. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's kind of hard to doctor sentences in video form. I agree with how stupid pols are...lib or pub.
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

But you would continue to support Walker..
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That was partly tongue in cheek, but I'm pretty sure it came out that his ACORN videos were doctored. The sentences exist but are taken out of context.
  20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What the fck do you want? You want me to tell you that i must have/am imagined all those people carrying signs with Obama portraited as a witch doctor, or the thousands of people dressed in Red White and Blue yelling that America is NEVER Wrong. If there is a percentage of tea partiers that are racist and xenophobic (and there are) Deal With iT. So how you can say i believe that the whole of the tea party is racist by what i posted...Again if your a member of the tea party you have to deal with the fact that there is a percentage of people that are rotten apples.
  21. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I misread your early post, sorry. I see now that you said the vast majority are not racist. I'd accept that but I'm a little confused as to why in the next response you site "all those people carrying signs and the thousands...." Just so I know we're on the same page you're saying that it's understandable that people define entire groups by the actions of a few rotten apples? If you're not condoning it you're then you're at least rationalizing and soft-soaping it if you do think it's wrong. If it's ok for this NPR official then it's ok for crackers too.
  22. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

doesn't NPR do news, opinion, cultural and other shows?

definitely not just news
  23. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

Of course it does. More importantly, this wasn't one of their shows. It was O'keefe's show. And her actual "crime"? Expressing an opinion substantiated numerous times by the teabaggers themselves in plain, public view.

Of course, Juan Williams was fired from NPR for comments he made on Fox about Muslims, in his capacity as a public figure speaking in public -- the material it is reasonable to demand a broadcast standard for. Conservatives thought it was a horrible injustice.

But there ya go, Williams was fired, Schiller resigned, Williams is lobbing well-timed observations about NPR's racial composition (psych!) while NPR is the lamb to the slaughter in the GOP culture war masquerading as a cost-cut. And this time they don't even have to out a teletubby.

Meanwhile the guy who does illegal fundraising from the fake Koch brother starts passing laws with seventeen guys on hand.

And while we're at it, we are arguing about what military move is best to support protesters in Libya. You know, for Demockracy!

In Libya? I'm thinking we need a no-fly zone in Wisconsin.

But the important thing is that we don't spend any public dollars on "wait wait don't tell me" prizes like tote bags and Carl Cassel's voice on your answering machine.

Somebody just shoot me.
  24. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

Not all democrats, just the far left scumsucking loons among them, I used to be a democrat, then they left me.

Racism is what elected Barack Hussein Obama.

90 something percent of the black community voted for Obama, thats racism Dudes.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  25. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Still holding on to the CBC claim that people hurled racial epithets last year? Cool story.

Tea party= terrorists. Got it.

So now you support filibusters. Interesting.

Ha-ha. Ending collective bargaining for public employees is akin to turning the army loose on the citizenry. Cute.

PBS and NPR will have to get by on the 82% of revenues that they get from non-federal sources, I guess. It's practically a crime against humanity. :p

2009PublicBroadcastingRevenue
  26. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Every time you open your mouth about "racism," you show what you are.

Hint: what % of blacks voted for Kerry, Gore or Clinton?
  27. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Harry has spoken....
    [​IMG]
  28. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -4

My Jersey:

Obama Election (Slobber Gush Fawn Faint)
  29. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Obama's driving "Harry" and the rest of the loonie pubs crazy! slobbering pubbies can't help themselves!

Harry and MushMouthMalkin and Hannity and Coulter and the MSM (Fox) made him what he is!

Oh Jesus Oh Christ