PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now we can fanchise Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Now we can fanchise Moss.

I did not realize that Moss brought all the Junkies with him!?

HOF Player: T. Brady
Never will be HOF Player: Randy Moss

Do I think we will tag him? NOPE....but

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with that statement.

All-time leaders Receiving TDs

1. J Rice 197
2. C Carter 130
3. *M Harrison 122
4. *T Owens 114
5. *R Moss 101

All-time leaders Receiving Yards

1. J Rice 22895
2. T Brown 14934
3. J Lofton 14004
4. C Carter 13899
5. H Ellard 13777
6. *M Harrison 13697
7. *I Bruce 13376
8. A Reed 13198
9. S Largent 13089
10. I Fryar 12785
11. A Monk 12721
12. J Smith 12287
13. C Joiner 12146
14. M Irvin 11904
15. D Maynard 11834
16. *T Owens 11715
17. *R Smith 11389
18. *K McCardell 11117
19. G Clark 10856
20. S Morgan 10716
21. *R Moss 10700

All-time leaders Receptions

1. J Rice 1549
2. C Carter 1101
3. T Brown 1094
4. *M Harrison 1022
5. A Reed 951
6. A Monk 940
7. *I Bruce 887
8. J Smith 862
9. *K McCardell 861
10. I Fryar 851
11. *R Smith 849
12. L Centers 826
13. S Largent 819
14. S Sharpe 815
15. *K Johnson 814
16. H Ellard 814
17. *T Owens 801
18. M Faulk 767
19. J Lofton 764
20. C Joiner 750
21. M Irvin 750
22. A Rison 743
23. *E Moulds 732
24. *T Gonzalez 721
25. *T Holt 712
26. *M Muhammad 702
27. G Clark 699
28. T Mathis 689
29. *R Moss 676

Last edited:

And his position in the all time lists means what? Moss is now thirty and can't be expected to play more than another half dozen years. So what?

His HOF credentials will be established by his entire career's stats. At career midpoint, I think he is doing pretty well, but the issue is still in doubt, obviously.

And his position in the all time lists means what? Moss is now thirty and can't be expected to play more than another half dozen years. So what?

His HOF credentials will be established by his entire career's stats. At career midpoint, I think he is doing pretty well, but the issue is still in doubt, obviously.

Pretty well?! Ya he's doing OK. He's WELL on his way to the HOF, as long as he can put together some decent seasons after 30 hes a shoe in.

Last edited:

Do you have any evidence that we can't tag Moss?
I'm pretty sure "we" could, we just wouldn't.

Was not this board talking about the trade value for Samual by using the franchise tag as leverage?
Moss is not Samuel. You can count on Samuel, if he shows up, to play. With Moss you risk him showing up and dogging it. If Moss wanted to be traded, that might be one thing, but if Moss is unhappy about being tagged - and you can bet he would be - no team in their right mind would take him. In the trade with the Raiders, Moss was a willing participant. No way a deal gets done if he doesn't agree to it.

If Randy Moss has a great year and the Patriots get to the Superbowl. What do you think Randy will want to do. Resign with the Patriots for a hometown discount and get a chance at another title, or go to some team for the big payday which he has already received a few times over. I'm thinking he's really going to enjoy his time here in NE. with BB, Brady, Rodney and crew. The Patriots win the Superbowl and Moss will re-up for less then his market value. You can take that to the bank. And no, the Patriots will not trade Moss or franchise him.

I have the feeling the Pats really didn't give into Samual on next year's fanchise tag. The tag is a more importent tool for future negotiations with Moss. You almost always tag the Hall of Fame Player first.
Nah! I say we fransize him instead. :D

I have the feeling the Pats really didn't give into Samual on next year's fanchise tag. The tag is a more importent tool for future negotiations with Moss. You almost always tag the Hall of Fame Player first.

Silly child.

The franchise tag is a double edged sword - smart teams know when to use it and when not to lest they drive away good players who will fear coming to the Patriots lest they be trapped.

Moss came here for a below market one year contract with the understanding a great year with a SB ring will pay him big dividends. If the Pats tag Moss that's the last time you'll see a great player agree to come to the Patriots for a short below market contract.

They wouldn't do it because in the long term they'd be shooting themselves in the foot - and this organization is always looking further than just the current season.

Let me get this straight. You are going to threaten Moss with a 1-year $8.5M guaranteed contract? I think he might simply sign it.

He's had his HOF career. He can afford to play one year at a time. perhaps with an injury policy.

Last edited:

Do you have any evidence that we can't tag Moss?

Was not this board talking about the trade value for Samual by using the franchise tag as leverage?

If the team does not plan to resign Moss, it would be foolish for the team not to look into getting compensation for Moss.

First off, its helps to know how to spell the names of the players on the team you follow. There's no player on the Patriots who goes by the name of "Samual." I do believe there is an Samuel though.

Secondly, here's all the evidence you need to see as to why the Pats won't franchise Moss:

$8,500,000.

Next topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes