Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now THIS is Racist

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Apr 24, 2008.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- A Georgia judge who kicked whites out of his courtroom while he lectured black defendants is getting a comedian's help in delivering his stern message.

Bill Cosby joined Superior Court Judge Marvin Arrington at a forum Thursday night for at-risk youths from the Atlanta area.

The judge has admitted he shouldn't have made white people leave as he tried to scare straight some young black men at the March 27 court session. He said he wanted only to get the defendants' attention without dressing them down in front of whites.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/24/cosby.lecture.ap/index.html

Official State Racism. No way around this.

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Yes, I'm sure the whites who had to leave so that the defendants weren't further degraded in front of the "superior" race really felt humiliated.:rolleyes:

Are people really this self-centered that they can't differentiate between different types of racism? Do you not see an inferiority (not superiority) complex at work here?

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

It's good you can identify prejudice when it's directed towards whites. Now, you just need to develop the same sensitivity to people of other races, rather than defend race-laced comments directed at blacks by some members of this forum.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  4. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You're unbelievable.
    You don't see the difference betwen a generalized comment and official government discrimination?
    You are a friggin hippocrit! How many times have I jumped on people for making racist comments about blacks, gays, Jews...and you take a single defense I make of someone on this board - someone I have criticized routinely and have very little in common with - and make me sound like some kind of racist?

Screw you, Patters - you and your childish, oversensitive, candy-arse sense of "justice". You're nothing but a whiney apologist for anyone but white straight men. You, your cohorts and anyone else on this board who tolerates your fascist bullsh!t. You're no better than your co-mod FTW. Your selective enforcement of your own stupid rules tells a lot about what a lying fraud you are. Now you and your pals feel free to turn this around into some sort of ..whatever you want. Feel free to ignore the point of the thread.

What a cartoon you are.:rofl:

5. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Um...it's angry white straight men. :D

7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

What a thoughtful post.......We really need to raise awareness over the plight of straight white men, people just don't know how hard it is to be straight and white in America these days:rofl:

I think you need a hug

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

Not as much as you need a clue. :D

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!! :p

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +828 / 27 / -33

I read the same thing, first of all thought of it as racist, but then thought about it.. it is an attempt for a concerned man to convey his beliefs to others.. there is no right for people to stay in a courtroom and that is the judge's discretion, this stuff happens all the time in the real world or courtrooms.. it is no biggie, except that the race card was thrown in.

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

In light of a new day, I see I was a bit harsh with you, but your posting of this thread after defending some of the worst race comments that have been posted annoyed me.

I would also add that I subscribe to the view that to be a racist their has to be a power differential. For instance, blacks who fought whites for their civil rights were not anti-white racists, but whites who fought blacks to deny them their civil rights were racist.

I like Ted Kennedy.

Thanks you. That's quite a high standard you hold me at in my opinion.

What are you talking about? What rules have I been selectively enforcing.

Actually, I said I agreed that the judge (and Cosby) directed prejudice against whites by excluding them from the judge's lecture.

[​IMG]

11. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

In the "real world or courtrooms" a judge can clear the courtroom, but I've never heard of a judge asking only white people, black people, female people or male people to leave. If a white judge had removed all black people from the courtroom, how long would it have taken Jesse Jackson to arrive on the scene (and actually, as much as I detest the man, rightly so)?

"no biggie, except the race card was thrown in"? By the freakin judge...holy christ.

I'm sure the man's intentions were the best. It changes nothing.

And it even fits one of Patters' definitions of when racism can exist--because in the courtroom, that judge (that black judge) had all the power.

12. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Maybe you and your little cohorts could stop accusing everyone who's conservative of being racist simply for being conservative?

And before you start your usual whine--Wildo did it yesterday. He was, I think, trolling for another member, but guess what...he said it. Anyone who's conservative is a racist simply for being conservative. How friggin offensive do you suppose that is?

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well...at least someone sees my point without me hitting them in the face with it.

I have never whined about whites being discriminated on by blacks. Racism is irrelevant unless the one doing it is in a clear position of power. They must be stronger, armed, more numerous, or representing the power structure. Racism exists. I have just never seen a clear example of racism of blacks on white like this one until now. It happened a lot with whites against blacks in courtrooms before. It happens still in the enforcement of drug (crack) laws.

The judge should have cleared the room of everyone. He chose to send out only whites. I wonder if he used the words "whites only". He is a racist. The fact that I defended BF and others in the past from the PC police here has nothing to due with that fact. The fact that whites have committed the majority of racism on blacks in our history has nothing to do with it.

I don't think that what rev. Wright said was racist, and I don't think BF (and others) is correct in his assessment of that tempest in a teapot. I think it was stupid and pandering. What else can you expect from a preacher?

The point of this thread is to have a discussion, but I started a feeding frenzy on my own arse. Patters and Wildo took cheap shots at someone who used to respect their POV's. They have revealed themselves as no less myopic, reactionary and illogical as everyone else on this board (myself included), even though they consider themselves morally superior and self-righteous.

14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's progress, isn't it? I mean, now we all know.

I will say...your comment about Wright not being racist but being stupid and pandering...that's interesting, I hadn't thought of it that way. But let me ask you--does it make it any better (or worse) that he panders to his congregation that way? (Not to jack your thread too much).

15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No. His preaching to his congregation does not matter in the least IMO. No more than what McCain's pastor says or what Hagee says. These people are all frauds and liars. They should be recognized as such. I can't believe they are still taken so seriously in this day and age considering all the crimes and betrayal we have witnessed from "holy men".

If I ran for POTUS (imagine that!) I wouldn't want the words (and crimes) of my lunatic pervert parrish priest come back to reflect on me. I did attend church until I was 18. I should have known better, but I kept going. I did for the community and social connections I had. My whole family went. But I knew something was wrong when I was 10. Those guys just didn't seem right to me even as a kid. I wonder when all people will start seeing these crooks for what they are: Lazy liars who do nothing but fundraise. I do that too, but I also have a job and raise a family.

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

I have accused no one of being racist, just insensitive.

I posted a warning in the other thread.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,149 / 5 / -10

Wright:
    20 Years Obama sat and listened to that sh!t

:singing::singing::singing:

18. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Anyone with a brain knows that liberalism breeds racism and classism.

19. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't know, I don't really see that as racist, I think he wanted to talk to them black man to black man. I think there's something to the idea that its different for someone like me to criticize black youth and someone like him, and something about how effective the message might be when its black man to black man versus a mixed-race audience. You know, that judge probably had to deal with things that the white people in the crowd maybe couldn't identify with, and maybe he knew from the other side that his message might be more effective if it was a black man talking to other black men without the white people looking on. I think that's OK. Now if he said "where the white women at?" and cleared everyone else out, that might be a different story...

(just going with a movie quote there from a true classic, not my real opinion!)

20. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm also pretty excited that Bill Cosby is coming out with a rap album.