Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now the Chimp has pissed off Russia!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Tunescribe, May 30, 2007.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +413 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

F-ck Russia
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Screw Russia, since when is a weapon shield an aggressive action ? Putin's just looking for a fight.
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

He's looking for relevency. The Soviets are in complete disarray. They are broke, and it's people have been protesting in large numbers lately. Putin is trying to change the subject over there, and get his people to be nationalistic in light of their displeasure.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bush is pissing off the Russians? Good, he must be doing something right.

I'm with RW. Can you say "Look at me please, I'm important too". Russia will be gone in 2 generations, 3 at the most. We don't have to do anything but ignore em. They breed at .78 chidren per woman (hint, you need 2.1 to just break even).

Russia's dead, and doesn't even know it.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you seem happy about this... how is that good for the world? you know, a huge nation "dying," and dispersing their weapons to the world for anyone who will buy them?
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Russian's gonna do what Russia's gonna do, I don't think pleasing them needs to be on our agenda.
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I seem happy about this?????? How so, do you see smilies in that post that indicate amusement or joy of some sort on my part? It's a statement of FACT. Fact is, no, I'm not particularly happy about it. Nor sad for that matter. I personally don't really give a flying fart what happens to Russia in 30-40 years. 2-3 generations is about 1-2 more than I'm gonna be here for.

The point of my somewhat "tongue-in-cheek" remark is that, Russia is already in HUGE trouble internally anyway. This silly test is saber-rattling and a transparent attempt to keep themselves appearing relevant, as RW says. They are losing relevancy, and a "talking tough" to the Great Satan is a perfect way to prop yourself up in the world of public opinion. France does it all the time. I just see it for what it is.

As for them selling their nuclear material in the future. The material is not the main problem (a lot of it is crap at this point anyway), it the technology behind it that is valuable, and I'm sure a good deal of that has already been sold.

Overdramatize this as much as you want, but this is a non-story.
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

It's really bad for them, have you seen the drug addiction rates, along with HIV increases over there? That country is broken. Their military is broke to the point it can't fly it's planes. What's sad is that it sits on a massive amount of physical resources, like iron ore, oil, natural gas, etc...
  10. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hmm, sounds familiar! Doesn't that happen here? ... WMD ... gun control ... abortion ... tax cuts ... anything else?
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

HUH? Do you have a point?