PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Now that's just ridiculous": No Fun League bans dunks

Absolutely not. Neither are free throws. No swinging of air baseball bats, no kicking of imaginary soccer balls. Only football-related displays of jubilation. Period.

You mean, like a clothesline or a spear:confused:

I like how the gif post didn't go through because of the censor.

I couldn't find one without 'that' word in the title. I had to settle for the backup plan. :(

Pretty sure Jimmy boy wont have to worry about penalties the next time he plays Talib or against Seattle.

This is because Graham broke someone's goal post. I generally have no issue with them bringing in the rule to prevent something like this happening again. Owner's don't want to end up replacing goal posts because of unnecessary celebrations.

I've never been a 'fan' of the dunk. It doesn't particularly bother me either...I see the owner's perspectives more than I do the players.

As someone has already said...want to dunk? Go play in the NBA.

45 million a year just doesn't get the rule changes it used to, eh?

I could give a good shyt either way...how about a clarification of the pass interference/ illegal contact rules...oh wait...that would be paying attention to an actual segment of game play.

It would also require a much more complicated and thought out fix. How long did this rule take to pass? 5 minutes to think it up and another 5 to let everyone finish voting "yes"? Nothing wrong with knocking out the easy ones over morning coffee.

Jimmy Graham vows to lead the league in penalties | ProFootballTalk

sherlockchallengeaccepted.jpg

New Orleans' ST coach better get his coverage teams up to snuff, because they're going to be kicking off from the 20 yard line 10-15 times this year.

Have to agree with Ausbacker and Claremonster that Gronk's Spike will be banned next.

It damages the EZ Turf. :eek:

It is good to see the league acting on this. The fans have been demanding they stop this excessive celebration and The Kommishioner is just giving us what we really want. I can't wait until they institute the 42 game season and the 32 team play-off, and I think The Kommishioners idea of playing divisional doubleheaders is a great way to make sure there are enough weeks in the year to accommodate football, if not I think that The Kommishioner will just have to exercise his absolute authority to shorten weeks to 6 days to make sure this gets done. Games will just have to be played on Satundays.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back