Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now that the Libby trial is over

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Mar 8, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Since the left is so worried about leaks....

Bennett makes some good points I'm sure the MSM will be clamoring for the Truth to come out on these shocking leaks...along with the dems. I am sure Olbermann and the NYT will be all over this issue.

:rolleyes: :singing:
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

PF13,

Pro war people are not looking out for YOUR best inetrests...or mine...they are looking for defense contracts that will fund an endless war. They are looking to get rich, and make you need their oil.
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The law's the law, and if it was broken they should investigate, but I will say that there should be a shield law that would create a priveledge for journalists from having to testify for things learned in their capacity as reporters. Some disclosures are needed for the public good, while governments always try to block the release of embarassing information.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

Pro war people didn't fly planes into buildings and murder my co workers. Islamist terroruist who have declared war on this country in the 90's did and we should protect our citizens. If you don't understand that....
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

answer me this...

when will the war on terror end?
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Cmon. You are still confused about where the attackers came from? We had more right to invade Saudi Arabia than we did Iraq. Remember 14 of the hijackers were Saudi. Or was this also not reported on your "news" outlets??

Your ignorance is truly admirable, but it can't excuse you from the truth.
  7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

When the war on poverty ends.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

after all the pilots trained in Florida...thus assisting and harboring the terrorists.

I believe the USS Ronald Regan is now poised to attack Tampa. I mean IRAN.
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

If journalist assisting criminals who are lekaing classified information about legal programs why should they be shielded from anything they are accessories to a crime/

If a journalist witnessed a rape and told the criminals story and protected the criminals identity you feel he should be shielded??

Interesting approach to criminal justice. I identify myself as a 'journalist and I am immune to prosecution for facilitating a crime. Kool talk about a priviliged class.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13

You are confused that the WOT is only about 9-11. The Islamist declared war on America in particular and Western civilization in the 90's There are multiple aspects to the war. '

As the Clinton administration pointed out in their indictment of Osama Bin Laden in 1998 Iraq was activly trying to help Al Queda obtain WMD specifically chemical and biological weapons. Ignoring that relationship in the aftermath of 9-11 would have been criminal on the part of an American president.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

North and South Korea have remained legally at war since the Korean War.

Syria has been at war with Israel since the Yom Kippur War.

Having refused to sign the 1949 Armistice Agreements, Iraq has remained in a state of war with Israel ever since.

Armenia and Azerbaijan remain deadlocked on the issue of Nagorno-Karabakh and have yet to find a peaceful resolution.

Russia and Japan technically never ended their state of war following World War II. The Kuril Islands dispute is the current obstacle to the signing of a peace treaty.

so...........?
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol.... this thread is too funny.... typical neofascicon ambition...

retreat, and burn everything to the ground in our wake...
  13. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The legality of those programs is less than clear. Let me turn it around: if somebody leaked the existence of a horrible, immoral, and likely-to-be-found illegal program, would the journalist have to reveal the whistleblower?

Witnessing an act? No, that's not what a shield law would be for. But if the journalist was interviewing someone and they told them about a rape, then yes, they wouldn't have to testify. There are other sheild laws in place protecting attorneys and clergy members, so I don't see it as a huge deal if it helps whistleblowers.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +130 / 7 / -13