PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now that draft is over......HOW DO YOU RATE OUR DRAFT??!

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Now that the draft is over...HOW DO YOU RATE IT???

• A

Votes: 65 63.7%
  • B

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • C

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • complete failure!!!

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
What do you all think?

Last edited:
A-

Great value, but didn't address LB needs whatsoever. Still a bang up job by BB and Pioli, clearly the best draft in the division.

I would have been happier to trade up in the 3rd and grabbed L Pope.
WE made our draft with the picks of Jackson, O'Callahan and Smith.
I think we are now set at K as well.
We will sign some UDFAs at LB...

The first day picks alone make my rating a solid A.

Now, given a little success day 2 then it is A + all the way.

I like Gostkowski & Mills and I know very little about the others.

B+. I liked what we did on the first day, but was a bit confused with our later picks on day 2.

Great 1st and 2nd picks, A+. 3rd pick on, C-. Total draft rating B.

i thought it was great. No LB's (well, Mincy I suppose) surprised me, but BB knows the quality of the available players better than me.
I can't wait to see this offense in action. They loaded up on weapons, and with the depth we now have at TE/H-back we should create A LOT of mismatches. I look for them to use some interesting formations to get a lot of these guys on the field at once. I think opposing defenses will be burning a lot of timeouts.

NEM said:
I had it as A to A+ until the last pick.

Honestly, what would you expect in the 7th round. If you downgraded to a B because of that ...

Jacky Roberts said:
A-

Great value, but didn't address LB needs whatsoever. Still a bang up job by BB and Pioli, clearly the best draft in the division.

They DID address the LB position with Jeremy Mincey, a DE/OLB convert.

However, I feel they reached for Gostkowski and Mills. I question the pick of Stevenson as an OG/OC. Would have preferred Matt Lentz from Michigan. Someone who is a team leader. Don't care at all for the pick of Willie Andrews.

I gave them a C+ for this draft.

beatle said:
Great 1st and 2nd picks, A+. 3rd pick on, C-. Total draft rating B.

Who would you have taken from the 3rd round, on?

chunkyponyTE82 said:
B+. I liked what we did on the first day, but was a bit confused with our later picks on day 2.

I have to agree. I thought we needed to add at least one LB prospect in those middle rounds.

I would have to say B+ to A- for right now. Great first day with just a little question of the Texas TE. my only frustration, was some of the mid rounders (kicker, Tulsa FB/TE) would have likely been around a round later, but that is where BBandSP differ from us fans, they take the players they want and think can contribute regardless of where they may be projected to go. hopefully we will pick up some rookie FA for LB/DE.

Because the other 2nd day LB prospects we've drafted have turned out so well...

100% A. No byass, absolutely great draft. Maroney was an excellent choice, definitley the best RB behind Bush, we needed that. And the Jackson steal, was incredible. I just went down to my basement flipped on my TV and the Pats had traded up and Jackson's family was going crazy. Then David Thomas. Some of you guys are being way too critical of this pic. A perfect pick, right up there as good choices as Maroney and Jackson. He will have a great future as a Patriot. A+, no doubt for the first day. Day two they got some pretty good lineman, a Defensive tackle, and Mincey who could end up as a linebacker. The kicker we needed, he should beat Gramatica for the starting position. As for the final pick, who cares, the guy problably isnt a great cover safety, but the whole reason BB problably got him was for special teams, which he had some impressive numbers in.

Day 1 = A+, Day 2 = A-, Overall...A

Wonderfully done job by BB and Pioli especially on the first day.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9407945

Day 1 winners
Gil Brandt: New England and Green Bay, but honorable mention also goes to Arizona, Cleveland, Carolina, Baltimore, N.Y. Jets and Pittsburgh
Pat Kirwan: Arizona and Detroit
Vic Carucci: New Orleans and Arizona
Mike Mayock: Philadelphia and Denver
Adam Schefter: New Orleans and New England
Corey Chavous: Baltimore and Oakland
Nick Bakay: Houston, N.Y. Jets, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Arizona, New England and New Orleans

3 of 7 pick us as the winners (we picked 21st)!!!

I give us an A. We got the first or second non-Bushian running back (depending on who is rating), the first rated WR in the draft on most boards, the first rated kicker and the first rated fullback. Not a bad haul and if any of the other 5 or 6 guys pan out it is gravy.

Last edited:
jct said:
3 of 7 pick us as the winners (we picked 21st)!!!

that's the amazing thing to me...I mean yeah, San Fran and Houston had great drafts but they should. To get that kind of recognition in the bottom half is WAY more impressive.

still hard for an idiot like me to grade it out until we see how it plays out...I'm just glad they don't factor-in fan reaction when they make picks.

The brass did a great job. A solid A.

OntarioPatsFan said:
I have to agree. I thought we needed to add at least one LB prospect in those middle rounds.

so did i, but the two i had us taking (dobbins and havner - who many liked around here) were available in the sixth and havner's still available....so i guess maybe the linebackers weren't as attractive as we all thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down