Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now Real Estate Developers want Bailout...ha, ha, ha!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 22, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +200 / 3 / -10

Just when we thought the "Beggars for Bailouts" might subside, the latest joke in Washington. Now real estate developers are asking for a handout.

In a word, NoWayJose!!...I had to omit the spaces to make it "a" word! ;)

This has got to go into the category of "Are you serious?" Sure, why not bailout a business that over-built, over-sold and squeezed every last penny out of the real estate bubble?

What are they gonna do, build more houses that won't sell?

Please, can someone stop this comedy act? :rofl:
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I totally agree this beyond ridiculous,I've been watching one development after another go up on my way to work and there still clearing land. If your still building houses,office complexe's etc. GFU
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +200 / 3 / -10

We have the largest inventory of unsold homes in US history, and people want to build MORE? And with my tax dollars? WTF and GFU! I like it!;)
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Evidently we have no say in the matter. The U.S. public was against every bailout and they happened anyway. Also it was more Democrats than Republicans (in Congress) supporting the bailouts and we voted MORE Democrats in.

So . . .
  5. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

So?

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Just saying that the Dems were more supportive and we voted more Dems in so it's no surprise the bailouts are continuing. I wasn't saying it was only the Dems.
  7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Starting in july and finishing in oct. a patch of woods was taken down and condo's were put up not far from where i work. Theres now a sign out front "Plywood Village now accepting applications" I don't think they've sold one yet even. They can eat the cost and go bankrupt. Now someone else has torn down, ripped up a moderate size wood lot for development. Obviously the decision was made before the sh!t really hit the fan but there's no stopping. Mind boggaling. Now that the wood lot is gone you can see this trailor park i never knew existed that wood lot did serve a usefull purpose other thatn being nice to look at while driving by.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +200 / 3 / -10

This is where city/town officials and the financing banks have to use common sense and stop such builders from setting up what will end up beind "shanty towns" like the plywood ranch you described. If that was in my town, I'd be all over our officials for allowing it to move forward.

We don't need "new" home developments right now because there's no demand for them.