PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Randy Moss's SUCCESS is a Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzafted

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Listening to Colin Cowherd today; his point is that now Moss' SUCCESS is going to be an obstacle, because it's going to go to his head and make him a lazy egomaniac.

What is the story with these guys!? He had YEARS and YEARS of HUGE production in Minnesota... He's just going to quit after Week 4 now that he's proved he can tear it up?

The guy can do no right. It's really frustrating, and another example of why the sports media drives me crazy. If they weren't putting such an obnoxious microscope on him, maybe he'd just play football and do his thing in peace.

Expect this All Year. They're going to have a spotlight on Moss that TO hasn't even seen. Of COURSE they're going to catch him saying or doing something newsworthy; then it's going to be a "sky is falling" kind of thing, no matter what a small slip-up it may have been or how out of context they took it.

It's the media making news. Really ridiculous. Are you people fans of the game? Just watch the guy catch passes and leave him the hell alone until he does something legitimately worth covering that doesn't involve making ridiculous grabs.

I'm just waiting for Moss to have a 2-3 catch day. WATCH him. He will be a freakin' boy scout. The media is soooo simple, so lowest-common denominator about this stuff. He'll play them like a fiddle.

Of course it is stupidity at its max. Now that they can't write about how discontent Moss will be because he's finanlly on a team that can win him a ring they have to write about how much of a cancer he'll be because he's winning too much.

It's about as ridiculous an argument as those fans and people who say they'll wait and see how Moss acts and performs when he's not getting the ball thrown his way. Like the Pats would purposely not throw the ball to their best player :rolleyes:

Eventually I'm optimistic that the media will forget about Moss as locker room dynamite. All anybody who's rational needs to do to see that he isn't like that is to read his post-game stuff from yesterday. He admitted that he was quite nervous and wasn't sure how he'd play. He also said he had no idea how much playing time he'd get.

Does that sound like TO to you?

Instead of reacting to the sound bites and predictions that some of the journalists think they have to utter every minute for every action/inaction of the much scrutinized players, I completely ignore most of them.

It makes it so easy to just visit this forum and learn/discuss/comment on the team and follow up on noteworthy articles recommended by the fans.

I'm just waiting for Moss to have a 2-3 catch day. WATCH him. He will be a freakin' boy scout. The media is soooo simple, so lowest-common denominator about this stuff. He'll play them like a fiddle.

Seriously. Moss has matured to the point that he knows that drawing constant double-teams is a bigger testament to his ability than catching 8 balls a game. That man just wants to win.

Just wait until Bengals start getting arrested, then the media will stop going after Moss.

And if Moss went 3 catches for 17 yards and a fumble, this tool would talk about how he's going to be a cancer because he didn't get the ball enough. The season has started, so the national media is irrelevant to me now. I am just going to sit back and enjoy watching this team play.

This is just going to fuel Randy's fire even more.I feel sorry for opposing secondarys.

I heard that too and just shook my head. Apparently we don't want him to get off to a good start. We want him to gradually improve as the season goes on (which we still do).

I'm willing to give anyone another chance. I couldn't stand him and sure RM has had some problems in his past, but they were behavioral. And let's face it, his previous employers didn't do much to help him change that reputation or even really hold him accountable for them.

I just think this is a completely different atmosphere that he's coming into with nothing but good locker room influences on him. He knew that Brady spreads the ball around coming into the situation. The Vikes and Faiders had far from positive auras about them.

Listening to Colin Cowherd today; his point is that now Moss' SUCCESS is going to be an obstacle, because it's going to go to his head and make him a lazy egomaniac.

What is the story with these guys!? He had YEARS and YEARS of HUGE production in Minnesota... He's just going to quit after Week 4 now that he's proved he can tear it up?

The guy can do no right. It's really frustrating, and another example of why the sports media drives me crazy. If they weren't putting such an obnoxious microscope on him, maybe he'd just play football and do his thing in peace.

Expect this All Year. They're going to have a spotlight on Moss that TO hasn't even seen. Of COURSE they're going to catch him saying or doing something newsworthy; then it's going to be a "sky is falling" kind of thing, no matter what a small slip-up it may have been or how out of context they took it.

It's the media making news. Really ridiculous. Are you people fans of the game? Just watch the guy catch passes and leave him the hell alone until he does something legitimately worth covering that doesn't involve making ridiculous grabs.

So why don't we, as Pats fans, just go nuts on any media person who appears to be "Hunting" for some bad news on Moss? Why can't WE defend him? F the national media! I agree with you though, and it's really not fair.

Why can't we get some of our "Good guys" media people to turn the tables and make news out of the vultures trying to make Moss look bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes