Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now our Gov't wants to stop falling prices

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 5, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -15

#18 Jersey

For all those who are loving the all the great deals out there, you may not like the fact that our federal gov't wants to take action that will stop falling retail prices.

Now I've said a few times that deflation is bad for our economy, so I can't be totally hypocritical and say that this is all wrong...but I'll admit that a big part of me is pissed that our gov't wants us to pay more for products during difficult times.

Fed and ECB to tackle deflation

"SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -- Officials from the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank Sunday vowed to fight the damaging effects of deflation as the global economy suffers a deep and lengthy recession.

In just a few months, central bankers' concerns have flipped from fighting inflation to staving off possible deflation - a condition in which falling prices cause consumers and businesses to delay purchases, resulting in an even steeper economic downturn.

She also urged an aggressive spending program by the administration of President-elect Barack Obama, as she gave a dismal assessment of the economy. Yellen appeared to discount some current forecasts that U.S. growth would start to recover in the second half of 2009."

Fed, ECB prepare to tackle deflation - Jan. 4, 2009

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

That is great, let's devalue our currency even more until it becomes worthless. Rome is starting to fall