Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now Newt Says Gonzalez should go..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 9, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Guess that this originates from a fox feed regarding an interview by Newt "BJ in the back seat by interns" Gingrich, who feels that Gonzalez is hurting GWB and should move on.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-04-08-gingrich-gonzales_N.htm?POE=NEWISVA

WASHINGTON (AP) — Joining a growing list of Republicans, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Sunday that Attorney General Alberto Gonzales should consider resigning. The possible presidential candidate said the botched firing of U.S. attorneys has destroyed Gonzales' credibility as the nation's top law enforcer.
    "I think the country, in fact, would be much better served to have a new team at the Justice Department, across the board," Gingrich said. "I cannot imagine how he is going to be effective for the rest of this administration. ... They're going to be involved in endless hearings."

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., who is helping lead the investigation into the firing of eight federal prosecutors, said Gingrich's comments pointed to building bipartisan support for a new attorney general.

"This is another important voice who believes that the attorney general should step down for the good of the country and the good of the department," Schumer said in a statement. "We hope both the attorney general and the president heed Speaker Gingrich's message."

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

Oh, so now Chucky "Cut-and-Run" Shumer *LIKES* Newt!!!

:rofl:

How much did you say that bridge costs??

:wha:

//

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

No comments about Newt, just about Schumer.. so I guess you agree with Newt.

4. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Newt should shut up and go home. He's got no chance, even less after this self-serving charade.

//

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

But he will not, will continue his self serving charade.. not sure who he appeals to, but continues to get the stage.

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, getting onto the stage is fairly easy now, particularly if you say something critical of President Bush. You can be sure the mainline media will be looking for more justifications to support their misguided notions that Bush is wrong.

This is nothing but a redux of what happened during the Vietnam war: media selectively editorializing instead of looking honestly at issues.

//

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

But he has usually been a supporter of President Bush, I suspect you have a rather small limited of what is going on.. Fox broadcasted this. Once again the comparison of the viet nam conflict, is comparing raisins and grapefruit.

Didn't you say one time you live in Slovenia or Lithuania or something like that... your view of the world is pretty much out of the mainstream.

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Out of the mainstream?? Ha! I just turned sixty years old, lived the first 50 exclusively in the States, have spent the past ten traveling between the States and other parts of the former Soviet Union. My most frequent base has been in Lithuania, but I have a number of other local addresses. The USA is still my home and will always be so.

1. I've never really liked Gingrich. He did right on his changing the Congress in the early 90s but he is too much of a know-it-all. Arrogant. And now he's coming out in a weak-kneed manner, trying to curry favor with a press he knows is hostile to him. He's selling out. Too bad. For him. He just signed his own resignation form.

2. What the mob and press did in the 60s to use the Vietnam War as a jump-off point to dumb-down the nation, to dominate the U.S. with leftist propaganda, is EXACTLY what is going on today vis a vis Bush and Iraq. The left thought they were back in business when Clinton got elected, and they were mightily pissed when both Gore and Kerry lost to "the idiot", as they like to call Bush.

Looking ahead 50 years, what I am saying now is more mainstream than the pap the naysayers on Bush have to offer. Bank on it. All in.

//

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

I don't like Newt or Shumer. What's funny is how a guy from one party will point to a loser from another and say "see, it's bipartisan I'm telling ya!". Why would anyone listen to either clown.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

He somewhow appealed to 12% of republicans about month ago. Well before he admitted he's the loser I always got the feeling he was. When a politician bring up God almost everytime you see him speak, I always get skeptical. Not because believing in God is a bad thing, but there is almost no need to bring him up so much when talking politics. Newt has always had God written on his forehead, and I always thought that made him shady. Guess what, I was right.

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The tactic Shumer is using here is crystal clear. Do not be confused. The Dems want to isolate and neutralize Bush as much as they can. They want to cut his balls off.

Shumer is simply using Gingrich, plain and simple. He is saying: "Look, here's a 'good Republican'. A 'reasonable person'. Someone who 'has sense'."

Where's that leave Bush? Unstated, but directly implied: Bush is "bad"; Bush is "unreasonable". Bush has "no sense". Why? Because Bush won't cave in and get owned by the Dems. And they hate him for it.

It's dog eat dog, make no mistake. It's take no prisoners.

//

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Forget Gingrich. He's old news. He had his day, he had his chance, but he rose to the level of his competency then stopped rising. Actually fell down. He's all done.

//

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The american people already did that back in November. Now back to crying in your beer.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +899 / 7 / -3

He was all done 12 years ago, but for some reason, he was getting more and more TV time till his recent revelation of loserism. His getting 12% just shows how right my 30-40% public moron factor is. I still think 30-40% is a conservative figure.

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Now you know how much the media runs the agenda by controlling who gets on, gets face time, gets their message out.

It's a serious problem.

//

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Once again this was aired on Fox News.. cannot get much more right than this and be on TV. Gingrich got face time on FOX..

17. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Doesn't matter who aired him. He's not presidential material. Congress, yes, but not executive. I don't care who's giving him face time.

//

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

First you say:

Now you know how much the media runs the agenda by controlling who gets on, gets face time, gets their message out.

It's a serious problem.

I say:

Once again this was aired on Fox News.. cannot get much more right than this and be on TV. Gingrich got face time on FOX..
    You come back:

Doesn't matter who aired him. He's not presidential material. Congress, yes, but not executive. I don't care who's giving him face time.

You are all over the place, you start so called drive by media conspiracy attitude displayed by the right, then it is pointed out to you that it came from a right wing web site and once again you discount Fox news... the thread started with Newts belief that Gonzalez has lost his credibility because of this and it quickly is diverted into the media conspiracy argument. It was on Fox News, not the NYT, MSNBC, Cute Katie did not report it... FOX NEWS, the fair and balanced news source.. the darling of the right.

19. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It only proves the point that has been mentioned many times on these pages: Fox is NOT a monolithic organ only for the right. Newt is very damaged goods. He needs to step back into an advisory role. Fox puts him on as they put on a LOT of people, while the incestuous networks all walk in lockstep. Sometimes it seems there is some kind of Wizard of Oz character behind the curtain calling all the shots on the nets and "mainstream media". Fox doesn't follow that mold. Good for them.

//

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Yes it does, follow the mold of right wing press.. if you read it daily and its content, then compare it to anyother news feed you will find the slant to the right is obvious.. without regard, Newt Gingrich a staunch Republican is now advocating for Gonzalez to move on.. pure and simple,nothing more and nothing less.