PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Let's Get Healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned of it when reading Hark's...loaded...and...DRUNK...posts from the other day.

I never knew how hard the ignore function works, until that happened. The ignore function is my new binky.

it is cowardice to block an opinion:)

No. In some cases it's very, very wise and prevents alot of annoying redundancy. I think I might try it out as well.

I though you would be open to other views and not myopic like your counterpart (Psycho) who advocates the "ignore" button.

more opinions (good or bad) is great for enrichment.:)....

i though you would be open to other ideas.

I am SOBER.... I am talking to you.... I admit I get carried away when I am "Indian Drunk"..... That is not me normally..... Just had a crappy few weeks and I needed to vent by BOOZING. I'm done w/ that.

Just saying.....

I'm open to all sorts of varying an interesting opinions, whether or not I agree with them.

I am not open to inane bullsh!t.

Good luck.

you would not understand this.... My bad....

It is a kid from INDIA who we use that term on.... he was a big booser into clubs and such.. His name is Ashwath. Good guy..... we would use that term on him and it was funny....

funny name lol good guy... he would get so much ****.... it was all in good fun thou.

Canadian Hockey players coined the term Indian drunk.... and even despite Ash being gone it is a term widely used to this day.

edit- It was not d!ck b/c he hung around w/ the hockey players....

Last edited:
I'm open to all sorts of varying an interesting opinions, whether or not I agree with them.

I am not open to inane bullsh!t.

Good luck.

So my information is not pertinent to you? Inane BS you call it?

Sorry Gabe Kapler .:) I'll try to make more "SUPER" posts for you.

Michael Vick is much more athletic than Tom Brady. Perhaps the Patriots should have signed him to be the starter and gotten rid of T.B.?

This makes no sense, but good try though. Two totally different positions first of all, being athletic doesnt automatically make a QB better, the most effective ones are the ones who have good pocket presence, like TB and Peyton. The athletic ones, arent usually the best. Being athletic is more important playing LT, especially when you need to get down field on screens and such.

And on a side note Michael Vick hasnt proven himself on the field this year, Vollmer has.

This makes no sense, but good try though. Two totally different positions first of all, being athletic doesnt automatically make a QB better, the most effective ones are the ones who have good pocket presence, like TB and Peyton. The athletic ones, arent usually the best. Being athletic is more important playing LT, especially when you need to get down field on screens and such.

And on a side note Michael Vick hasnt proven himself on the field this year, Vollmer has.

Being more athletic doesn't automatically make any player better, which was my point.

When your talking about the position of left tackle it does.

No, it doesn't. But thanks for posting that, because it was great for a laugh.

You really dont understand the game of football then, simple as that. All offensive linemen need to be athletic especially to get down the field on screens and other plays. An athletic line usually makes the best offensive lines

Yes I know this is from the Packer's but this kind of sums it up from people who know football....

Quality left tackle won't be easy for Green Bay Packers to find | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

“You’re looking for a premium athlete at that left tackle spot,” Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said this week. “If you’re doing draft work and you’re evaluating 45 linemen coming out, you’re looking for the cream of the crop, in terms of balance, quickness out of the stance, length. You want to see a guy that can really stay on his feet, whether it be run or pass.

“Some of the great linemen that you see and I’ve been around, they can almost leave the game and their pants aren’t even dirty. That’s not a bad thing sometimes, because they’re playing the game on their feet and upright, and that doesn’t mean they’re not run-blocking guys — it just means they’re not flailing around out there in space. But that’s the premier position on the offensive line, so you’re looking at a lot of good physical The combination of which can prove extremely hard to find.

Teams try to counter a threat with a threat, so the left tackle must be athletic enough to set against those players in pass protection and strong enough at the point of attack to both anchor and generate movement in the run game. He also must fit the physical description — perhaps most important, the arm length (preferably 34 inches or more) to excel in pass protection — and be tough enough mentally to excel on an island.

But your right, I would much rather have non athletes on the line.

Yes I know this is from the Packer's but this kind of sums it up from people who know football....

Quality left tackle won't be easy for Green Bay Packers to find | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

“You’re looking for a premium athlete at that left tackle spot,” Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin said this week. “If you’re doing draft work and you’re evaluating 45 linemen coming out, you’re looking for the cream of the crop, in terms of balance, quickness out of the stance, length. You want to see a guy that can really stay on his feet, whether it be run or pass.

“Some of the great linemen that you see and I’ve been around, they can almost leave the game and their pants aren’t even dirty. That’s not a bad thing sometimes, because they’re playing the game on their feet and upright, and that doesn’t mean they’re not run-blocking guys — it just means they’re not flailing around out there in space. But that’s the premier position on the offensive line, so you’re looking at a lot of good physical The combination of which can prove extremely hard to find.

Teams try to counter a threat with a threat, so the left tackle must be athletic enough to set against those players in pass protection and strong enough at the point of attack to both anchor and generate movement in the run game. He also must fit the physical description — perhaps most important, the arm length (preferably 34 inches or more) to excel in pass protection — and be tough enough mentally to excel on an island.

But your right, I would much rather have non athletes on the line.

So you didn't read the posts that were being made, then?

Being more athletic doesn't automatically make any player better, which was my point.

This is common sense to most people who follow sports. Having athleticism is nice, but it's not a guarantee of a superior player, in any of the team sports. Larry Bird is the greatest small forward in NBA history. He's nowhere near the greatest athlete to play the small forward in the NBA.

Physical tools are not a guarantee of a superior player. That's just simple reality. We see that in the draft year after year, in all the major sports. It's why we hear sayings like "Million dollar arm, 10 cent head".

Last edited:
You really dont understand the game of football then, simple as that. All offensive linemen need to be athletic especially to get down the field on screens and other plays. An athletic line usually makes the best offensive lines

Again, thanks for the comedy. The silliness of your posts on this issue has helped to lighten up a rainy day.

Yes, but when you add all the physical tools along with the mental part of the game it makes a great player. I also do not think at left tackle, which argueably is the first or second most important position on offense. You really can't name me an elite or top 10 tackle who is not athletic. There is a reason why some left tackles who are 6'7 350 lbs don't even make it D1 or into the league because of their lack of athleticism. It's obvious that when a player gets older the physical tools start to fade such as the speed, quickness, first step, etc. The smarter the player is, the more he can rely on his smarts to stay in the league even when the physical part starts to go, but he is not as effective. I am not saying that Light is over the hill but just a generalization. I suspect Belicheck will have Light at left tackle once he is healthy, and move Vollmer to right tackle, but I wouldn't be suprised if it was opposite. Due to his performance while filling in for Light.

Also, wasn't the offensive line a "problem" prior to Light being hurt. I think I read that numerous times while observing the board. I havn't heard that being brought up much since Light has been on the shelf, with Vollmer at LT. Yesterday after Vollmer went out with the head injury, the offensive line seemed to dip in performance. That is not the case when Light went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back