PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now Let's Get Healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you going to trust that stat? Even if you do, the so called "help" on some plays was just a WR chipping Freeney before running their route. That isnt really help. If you didnt notice they also did some of the same stuff on the other side with Kazur and Mathis.

They would have done some of the same stuff if Light was playing instead of Vollmer. You need to do those kind of things when facing such a great pass rusher such as Freeney and Mathis.

Do you even like this team? It seems like every post I read from you is negative.

OT for JSn:

from the police blotter:

epic-fail-suspicious-fail.jpg

Are you going to trust that stat? Even if you do, the so called "help" on some plays was just a WR chipping Freeney before running their route. That isnt really help. If you didnt notice they also did some of the same stuff on the other side with Kazur and Mathis.

They would have done some of the same stuff if Light was playing instead of Vollmer. You need to do those kind of things when facing such a great pass rusher such as Freeney and Mathis.

Do you even like this team? It seems like every post I read from you is negative.

1.) Yes, I trust that stat. I certainly trust it a lot more than your assertion, particularly since I watched the game and saw the help.

2.) Light's a better player right now. Pointing that out doesn't mean that I don't like the team. If you can't grasp that, perhaps team sports isn't the way for you.

A lot of those were also help from Mankins on 4 man rushes. Where else should Mankins help? Koppen on their DT? Koppen did fine on him. Light as always had trouble on Freeney, along with pretty much every other LT in this league. Jason Taylor and Aaron Shoebel always give/ gave Light troubles too. I would prefer Vollmer at left tackle and Light at right tackle when he comes back. If not, have Light at left and Vollmer at right. I've had enough with Kaczur starting for this team.

A lot of those were also help from Mankins on 4 man rushes. Where else should Mankins help? Koppen on their DT? Koppen did fine on him. Light as always had trouble on Freeney, along with pretty much every other LT in this league. Jason Taylor and Aaron Shoebel always give/ gave Light troubles too. I would prefer Vollmer at left tackle and Light at right tackle when he comes back. If not, have Light at left and Vollmer at right. I've had enough with Kaczur starting for this team.

No he hasn't.

1.) Yes, I trust that stat. I certainly trust it a lot more than your assertion, particularly since I watched the game and saw the help.

2.) Light's a better player right now. Pointing that out doesn't mean that I don't like the team. If you can't grasp that, perhaps team sports isn't the way for you.

1. I watched the same game that you did and you are entitled to your own opinion, but myself and others feel that Vollmer didnt get the help that you're saying. Your acting like we had had 2 guys on Freeney every play.

2. Light hasnt played in the last 5 games, so I think it is safe to say that Vollmer is a better player right now. Vollmer is much more athletic than Light and when Light comes back look to see him move to RT and get Kazur out of there. There is nothing wrong with being critical of a team, but when everything you say is negative that is when it becomes an issue. Having played on a team, I know that if a coach or player is always negative I know that they are not taken well and usually not well liked.

1. I watched the same game that you did and you are entitled to your own opinion, but myself and others feel that Vollmer didnt get the help that you're saying. Your acting like we had had 2 guys on Freeney every play.

I'm not "acting like" anything. You're characterizing my comment and doing a piss poor job of it, even after you made a "majority" claim that's simply not true.

2. Light hasnt played in the last 5 games, so I think it is safe to say that Vollmer is a better player right now. Vollmer is much more athletic than Light and when Light comes back look to see him move to RT and get Kazur out of there. There is nothing wrong with being critical of a team, but when everything you say is negative that is when it becomes an issue. Having played on a team, I know that if a coach or player is always negative I know that they are not taken well and usually not well liked.

Unless we're going to play the "hurt players automatically suck" sort of game, this argument makes no sense.

As for the "everything you say is negative" crap, it's just that. Positively crap.

Last edited:
No he hasn't.

I kind of worded that wrong, I meant to say that he has had troubles with Freeney, and pretty much every other left tackle that plays Freeney has had troubles with him through his career which is obvious because hes one of the best. But, to give you credit I just checked the stats and noticed Light has played him very well. The hype of Freeney going into games against the Patriots probably made me assume that and I doubt that Light does this without help. The main point was that I think Vollmer had a great game against Freeney and pretty much every tackle that goes against him is going to get help throughout the game. Vollmer, yes with help kept Freeney to no sacks and no tackles, yes I know those two satistic numbers aren't everything (pressure), but it is solid for a rookie who didn't let up a sack to one of the best pass rushers in the game. And as I said a lot of this was with help from Mankins when they had a 4 man rush. Do you want Mankins to just sit there? Or help out on one of the better rushers in the game? BTW I think over Light's career he has needed help with Schoebel and Taylor. And has probably gotten help with Freeney and those other two before.

I kind of worded that wrong, I meant to say that he has had troubles with Freeney, and pretty much every other left tackle that plays Freeney has had troubles with him through his career which is obvious because hes one of the best. But, to give you credit I just checked the stats and noticed Light has played him very well. The hype of Freeney going into games against the Patriots probably made me assume that and I doubt that Light does this without help. The main point was that I think Vollmer had a great game against Freeney and pretty much every tackle that goes against him is going to get help throughout the game. Vollmer, yes with help kept Freeney to no sacks and no tackles, yes I know those two satistic numbers aren't everything (pressure), but it is solid for a rookie who didn't let up a sack to one of the best pass rushers in the game. And as I said a lot of this was with help from Mankins when they had a 4 man rush. Do you want Mankins to just sit there? Or help out on one of the better rushers in the game? BTW I think over Light's career he has needed help with Schoebel and Taylor. And has probably gotten help with Freeney and those other two before.

Vollmer is good. And, in time, he is going to be a very good LT in this league. As of right now, though, I would be more comfortable with Light at LT (when he comes back, of course) and Vollmer at RT. Light still has it and nothing can account for the postseason experience against the Freeneys and the Harrisons of the AFC. Let Vollmer continue to get his experience at the RT position when Light comes back.

Honest and a respectable COMMENT:)... well said.

I'm not "acting like" anything. You're characterizing my comment and doing a piss poor job of it, even after you made a "majority" claim that's simply not true.

Unless we're going to play the "hurt players automatically suck" sort of game, this argument makes no sense.

As for the "everything you say is negative" crap, it's just that. Positively crap.

You think that Vollmer got help with Freeney, I (and others) dont. You think that Light is better than Vollmer. What proof do you have of that?

That first comment about Light being hurt so hes better than Vollmer was a bit of sarcasm.

Last edited:
Vollmer is good. And, in time, he is going to be a very good LT in this league. As of right now, though, I would be more comfortable with Light at LT (when he comes back, of course) and Vollmer at RT. Light still has it and nothing can account for the postseason experience against the Freeneys and the Harrisons of the AFC. Let Vollmer continue to get his experience at the RT position when Light comes back.

this will be interesting w/ A HEALTHY LIGHT and VOLLMER....... I am glad I do not have to make this decision.

I am so HIGH on VOLLMER....... my BIAS would be unfulfilling :mad:.....

TIME will TELL..... and in BB we TRUST :)

BB is the BEST:)

I believe he was playing at the end of the game. Kaczur also looked like he blew his knee out, but alas he did not.

Is it fair to say that when Vollmer was in the Pats moved the ball effectively, but when he was out TB was running for his life and the Pats offense stalled? It seems like that to me. Obviously, there were other players on the O-line who had issues with Brady's protection, and LeVoir made some nice plays, but there was a big difference in the amount of pressure the Jets got on Brady while Vollmer was out.

You think that Vollmer got help with Freeney, I (and others) dont. You think that Light is better than Vollmer. What proof do you have of that?

That first comment about Light being hurt so hes better than Vollmer was a bit of sarcasm.

I don't "think" that Vollmer got help with Freeney. I know that he did. I watched the game. The fact that reporters and analysts noted the same thing simply reinforced what I'd already seen.

As for the "proof", Belichick had Light in as the starter. Are you saying that Belichick was going with the player that he didn't think was as good? If so, perhaps you could give a post explaining your reasoning.

Is it fair to say that when Vollmer was in the Pats moved the ball effectively, but when he was out TB was running for his life and the Pats offense stalled? It seems like that to me. Obviously, there were other players on the O-line who had issues with Brady's protection, and LeVoir made some nice plays, but there was a big difference in the amount of pressure the Jets got on Brady while Vollmer was out.

I would think it's fair to say. As I've said in the other thread, our offense stalled a few times because of the blocking issues. When Light and Neal return, those issues will not present themselves as often as they have. I firmly believe that a healthy offensive line will solve the second half woes that we have been seeing, which is pretty much stating the obvious.

Vollmer's IMPORTANCE was established during this game.....

there is no way you can challenge this FACT:) my fellow PATS :):)

Last edited:

Do you have Tourette's Syndrome?

VOLLMER is our starting LT..... and we can ONLY grow from his success:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots