Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now KBR is electrocuting our troops...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 19, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

I know Cheney has nothing to do with these folks, but here they are again.. trying to kill our troops.. I wonder if in their contract they put in the prevailing wage, and lowballed some foreign contractor.. whenever I read about Haliburton all I read is more ka ching..

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/07/ap_electrocutions_071808/

NEW YORK — Inferior electrical work by private contractors on U.S. military bases in Iraq is more widespread than the Pentagon has acknowledged, according to a published report.

A Senate panel investigating the electrocutions of Americans on bases in Iraq was told last week by former KBR Inc. electricians that the contractor used employees with little electrical expertise to supervise subcontractors in Iraq and hired workers who couldn’t speak English. The Pentagon has said 13 Americans have been electrocuted in Iraq since September 2003. It has ordered Houston-based KBR to inspect all the facilities it maintains in Iraq for electrical hazards.

The New York Times reported on its Web site Thursday night that many more people have been injured, some seriously, by shocks, according to internal Army documents. A log compiled this year at one building complex in Baghdad disclosed that soldiers complained of receiving electrical shocks in their living quarters almost daily, the paper reported.

During just one six-month period — August 2006 through January 2007 — at least 283 electrical fires destroyed or damaged American military facilities in Iraq, including the military’s largest dining hall in the country, according to the documents obtained by the Times.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

These contractors are just engaging in the American dream, trying to get rich. Why do you always engage in class warfare? Why do you hate the rich? ;)
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

This may sound a little over-the-top, but I think the top managers of KBR should be electrocuted daily for 10 years. I also think these same people should be put on trial for gross negligence for the total number of deaths that have resulted from their sh1tty work.

When it comes to men & women laying their lives on the line, their is no excuse for this.

I still can't believe that their are companies with ties to both Cheney and Bush that are making MILLIONS off the rebuilding of Iraq...Gee, I wonder why it needs to be rebuilt?:rolleyes:
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

The first thing that should happen to KBR is that they be put out of business as of Monday morning. I'm wondering if this company is protected from being sued by the families of those killed by their faulty work.

If that is the case, can some of us get together to rob their executives so we can give their money to these families?
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

If you try to rob Cheney, the secret service are gonna jump on your back..
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 5 / -2

They're building bases in a war zone, in the middle east. I'm shocked that there was shoddy work done under those circumstances. I mean, could they just find someone at the local Labor Ready? Oh, and hiring non english speakers? WTF? Where did they think they were, America? :D