PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now it's me against Bill in UDFA'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I'll take my seven choices:

Jarriel King (og), Willie Smith (OT), Zach Hurd (OG), David Mims (OT), Brandon Bair (DE), Joe Lefeged (S/KR) and Keith Darbut (OLB).

And for the heck of it see how they do against Bill's 9 picks.We both have KR'S,OL,DL,LB'S.Let the cuts commence and injuries are a bad pick.

One thing to remember is that Bill may well have the other players rated higher. A UDFA chooses where they want to go if they have multiple offers.

Maybe the Pats put in offers on the table for the guys on your list but the player/agent felt they had a better chance of making the club based on a number of different variables, such as scheme, roster depth, coaches etc.

Or maybe they just were not quick enough off the draw on Monday night when there was confusion when UDFAs could actually be contacted or signed.

31 other teams are bidding against Coach Bill for these players.

31 other teams have thinner rosters and offer FAR better chance for success and 100's of 1,000's of $$$.

To propose to "compete" against Coach Bill with a select choice of players ~ perhaps none of whom he had a prayer of pulling in, against 31 teams with thinner rosters and, therefore, far more opportunity to provide hundreds of thousands of dollars, or more, of employment ~ versus who he could pull in...is astonishingly pathetic.

Now It's Me Against Bill

I'll take my 9 players:

1 ~ Von Miller
2 ~ Marcel Dareus
3 ~ AJ Green
4 ~ Pat Peterson
5 ~ Julio Jones
6 ~ Aldon Smith
7 ~ Tyron Smith
8 ~ JJ Watt
9 ~ Christian Ponder

And for the heck of it let's see how they do against Bill's Picks!!
jester.gif

As stated previously, there are 31 other teams bidding on UDFAs. According to a poster on a 49er board, the Pats made and offer to Jake Kilpatrick (center from TCU and a favorite UDFA amongst posters) but the Colts got there first. Try as one might, you can't get them all.

Hey Guys, it's like I told Michael Jackson a while back: "Lighten Up."

The UFDA's are about as close as we can get to competing with an organization because we have so long to study what's left. As was said before, the other players might have been fans of other teams, wanted to work closer to home, saw Peyton Manning yelling "cut that meat, cut that meat" and fell in love with the Colts.

I really did like the guys I picked. I'm a little sorry Bill didn't get any of them, but I am really happy that none of them landed on the Jets.

I don't know if he'll make the team, but I really like the Aaron Lavarais signing.

Well the cuts are in and I missed bigtime.

Jarriel King, OG/T, NYG - Cut
David Mims, OG/T, KC - Cut
Zack Hurd, OG, SEA - Cut
Keith Darbut, OLB, CIN - Cut

Joseph Lefeged, S, COLTS - Made Team
Willie Smith, OT/G, WAS - Made Team
Brandon Bair, DT, KC - Made Team

With all the hours that I put in on this, I know one thing, I wouldn't want to be a scout! But it was fun trying.

Zack Hurd, OG, SEA - Cut

With all the hours that I put in on this, I know one thing, I wouldn't want to be a scout! But it was fun trying.

BTW you did pretty good so don't give up yet. Some of these guys really had an uphill task due to the shortened offseason. No doubt some of them will end up on practice squads.

Thanks, mrscruff, for the kind words. Now let's go Patriots!

It was you and 31 teams against Coach Bill.

And he still rubbed your face in it!! :rofl:

BB didn't beat me. I just thought I'd do much better. I ended up with 3 of the 7 I picked signed & IR or PUP was a bad pick. Bill picked 9 UDFAs, how many of those picks stuck? Relax, the whole thing was for entertainment purposes only.

BB didn't beat me. I just thought I'd do much better. I ended up with 3 of the 7 I picked signed & IR or PUP was a bad pick. Bill picked 9 UDFAs, how many of those picks stuck? Relax, the whole thing was for entertainment purposes only.

3 of 7 is fantastic work! Great job. I look forward to your picks after next years draft.

Thanks Ochmed-did it as a lark,but it's too time consumming to do every year.

You have a pretty good eye for talent yourself. But I don't know how any of us could do as well as Bill with all the assistant coaches saying "get me this, get me that."

Ochmed, what did you think of the complete lack of trading that went on this year? I honestly believed somebody would make an offer for Hoyer or Mallett, and had an outside chance of dealing BJGE, plus all the other combinations out there - Meriweather, Levoir, etc.

Lastly, I feel badly for all the UDFAs trying to land jobs when they had so little time to impress. Really tough for people who spent their whole lives playing football.

Zack Hurd, OG, SEA - Cut

Jarriel King was claimed by the Seahawks and is on the active roster.
David Mims is on the Chiefs practice squad.

Thanks MRSCRUFF, really appreciate the update. You've got a good eye. Maybe next year we'll make a game of picking the UDFAS. Each person picks 10 players and have some fun with it. With you and some of the other draftniks involved, I'd be happy to finish in the top 50.

Thanks again and go PATS!

Relax, the whole thing was for entertainment purposes only.

"Relax"?? :confused:

You're the only one working himself into a lather, pretending that he can just pluck whoever he wants, without regard to the entire 32 team league competing for the services of these guys, and then "competing" with Coach Bill!! :rofl:

All I'M doing is pointing and laughing!! :D

And NOW that your picks have crapped the bed, you're claiming it was "for entertainment purposes only"???

Yeah, RIGHT!!! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes