Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now, I suppose the righties are surprised at the racism?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Does anyone honestly think that, if asked, the perpetrators of racism would describe themselves as liberal, not conservative? This is the cancer in the ranks of the Republican party, I think. This group sees the party's anti-immigrant, anti-affirmative action, anti-social-welfare platform as racist, and it's thus to their liking. But, clearly as long as this group exerts influence in that Party, the Party will have trouble attracting minorities. Do you agree with that premise? If so, what should the Party do if it wants to win?

Election spurs 'hundreds' of race threats, crimes - Yahoo! News

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Great, another race baiting thread from a moderator. This should be fun.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Any discussion of racism is "race baiting." Noted. We'll just pretend it isn't happening then.
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The election of a half-Black guy is giving all the closet racists excuses to show your racism in public. After all, in their cavemen minds it's now okay since they can't be racist when we have a half-Black President, right?
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

To me, the RIGHT thing to do is for all non-racist to identify the racists publically. Since we all know non-racists far outnumber the racists, this should be fairly simple and easy.

If I hear someone at my workplace, in my neighborhood, the club or wherever talk racism or perpetrate a racist incident, I report them to my local newspaper or news station or just spread it around the neighborhood. I'm referring to serious incidents of racism, not just innuendos.

Since these cowards like to burn crosses or desicrate property, all we'd need to do is put signs on their lawns identifying them as racists or use the media to publically humiliate them.

Too often, we turn our heads to such incidents or decry "what a shame". But let's take it a step further and utilize a netword of responsible citizens such as we do with neighborhood crime watches. It should be easy since I am positive racists are the vast minority.

I have always felt that "ratting out" your neighbor is the right thing to do when wrongs are committed. Ratting gets a bad rap since it takes courage while keeping one's mouth shut takes zero courage.

Racists should be hunted down like dogs and exposed.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +478 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

There's been anger since the election ... the last election and the election before that. I'm not surprised at all ... but what is the difference between this story and the anger out west due to the gay marriage issue? In both cases there is much anger and there is racism. Blame going around from the ones who feel screwed ... oh well.

I attribute this to what i have been saying for years here now ... the internet collates the hate, it gathers it and it focuses it. What was once isolated now becomes nationwide as the birds of a fether flock together. The best solution would be for the media to downplay it ... the less famous these people become the sooner they all go back under their rocks.
  7. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

What? There is a difference between anger over an election result and racism.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +478 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Yes ... because which is the real racism and which is the hidden racism. In the many stories within the results of this election the term racism is being used to describe everything born of anger. Some of it is racism, some of it is hate, some of it is sore losers.

There was much hate of republicans when Bush won in 2004 ... where were all the racism stories then? There was lots of hate of the Christian right to use one example ... and there was a lot of hate and racism directed at them ... but where were the racism stories?

So like I said when is it racism, when is it hate, when is it just sore losers. It certainly is not all racism.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Anger & racism are nothing new. but certainly death threats to a president are more serious than everyday racism. I have not heard of any death threats regarding the gay marriage issue.

racism is about the natural differences in the color of people's skin, there is no behavioral basis for it. Everyone should be able to understand that the only difference between us is minor pigmentation.

The gay marriage issue and gay/lesbian rights is more complex because it involves differences in behavior. It is the same issue, but more difficult for some in society to understand or accept. It is also linked to religious beliefs by some. I am not justifying anything, merely offering the differences in the issues of racial vs. sexual preference.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Exactly, there weren't any. These are documented cases of actual racism, not just anger broadly labelled as racism.
  11. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

The most obnoxious left minority I have seen since the election came from the group that protested California prop-8 vote in 50 states.

Massachusetts did not have a prop-8 vote.

Please go to California to voice your opinion on a California issue.
    They are the most obmoxious minority on the face of the earth.

I don't care what we do in Massachusetts, (Marraige or Union... I don't care)
    it is not going to change my life.

They had a vote in California... and they lost..... get over it !
  12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Apparently you are oblivious as to why people protest. Why did Americans protest in Washington DC about ending segregation in Alabama?
  13. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

They protest everything...... Why can't we march in your parade...
    They are the most obnoxious minority on earth.

Before you rip me.... I support their rights, I just hate to see them protest.
    I don't care if they get married in Massachusetts. It is not like I am going to
    be invited to their wedding.

If you have an issue with California.... go to California.

Now you can rip me.... for being honest.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

What makes them more "obnoxious" than any other group that protests exactly?

The fact is that gays have always had way more success than other minority groups because they've been much more organized and efficient in their activism. You can say that this annoys you, but it's exactly why they end up getting what they want quicker than others. They're going to "annoy" everyone until they get the right to marry everywhere, or at least everywhere there's a large gay population. If whatever group you belong to was banned from marrying in California, you'd be pretty annoying about it too, and rightfully so.
  15. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

Your probably right, but they are still obnoxious.
    I don't care about what they do behind closed doors.
    I just hate their "in your face" attitude.

When they finally win marriage in all 50 states, what will they protest next?
    Will they want to attend our Thanksgiving dinner?
  16. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

I think gays should be able to marry. I could care less.

I don't think they should call each other husband or wife though. I think in that case they're tying to be use heterosexual terminology. The term husband implies a male married to a wife or woman. Might as well invent their own terms or just call each other partner.

I once heard a man introduce his partner as his husband which made me wonder if his husband called him his wife....just confusing to me. Keep it simple I think. Gay marriage is new, so invent new terms to call one another.

The fact is, a gay marriage is different than a heterosexual marriage and it always will be by it's very definition.
  17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No offense PR, but who really cares?

And I'm pretty sure that they use husband-husband and wife-wife. "Husband" means male spouse, so they are both male spouses.
  18. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

How are they more "in your face" than any other group that protests? Honestly, they are only "in your face" because you're homophobic.
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Why would I be offended Wildo? none taken. I always try to honestly express my opinion here. I try not to be politically correct if it's not truly my opinion.

It's ok to not be ok with everything in life, right? I am certainly not militaristic in any opinion that I have.
  20. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

I made the mistake in the early 90's of going to dinner with coworkers
    in Greenwich village on halloween.

What a freak show !

Maybe that tainted my view.....

I stand by my statement.... They are the most obnoxious minority on earth.
    People who walk down the street with their Johnson's wagging in the wind,
    should go to jail. If that is homophobic, sign me up.