PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now I know why the Patriots lost...

They lost not due to Reche Caldwell dropping a 2nd down pass that ended up with the Pats settling for a late 4th qtr. FG in a 28-28 game. With 28 seconds left and down 38-34, the Pats has advanced to the IND 45 with 1 timeout remaining. We were defeated by a great anticipation by Colt DB Robt. Sanders cutting in front of Troy Brown over the middle for an INT on a route that over the years to Troy has produced gold. Congratulations Colts.

i thought he said because they were the first african-american coaches and christian coaches. You keep changing the quote.

so you are saying it was his father being a Christian which led to his killing himself?

I sensing an agenda here.

I didn't change any quote. You see me change the quote somewhere? I simply stated a fact. He responded to the question, why is you victory socially significant?, by pointing to the fact that he and Lovie were Christian coaches. He said a couple other things too, obviously. The fact that I didn't type in everything else he said doesn't mean I'm misquoting him.

And no, I didn't say or imply that Dungy's religion led to his son's death. I don't believe that. Read what I wrote. If you knew of the MySpace page and read (there was a thread on it on this message board) then maybe you understand. And for the record I'm a Christian so there is no agenda.

I am not surprised that you haven't a clue that your reference to Muslims as "turbanheads" could get you fired, and is as racist as using the "n" word in reference to African-Americans. It matters not whether you are being facetious or not.

Calm down, mgteich. I was being sarcastic. I don't even know what your argument is. I'm implying that his faith is as important to him as race? Wha? Maybe but I don't even know how and what the significance is. What the hell does that mean?

For the record, this wasn't a colorful joke. I was being facetious, and I've said a lot worse to my students, who are comfortable with my teaching methods, and also bright enough to understand sarcasm and facetious speech when they hear it, like a lot of people on this thread. No, I don't like racist jokes either, and this clearly wasn't one, so get off my back and maybe kick your dog instead.

Ok, then explain this. Check out this pic of BB and his dad. Now, take a close look at dad's nose. The nose knows.
:D

t1_belichick.jpg

You get away with this kind of stuff because you're Jewish.

Actually, that's just an old man's nose.

I am not surprised that you haven't a clue that your reference to Muslims as "turbanheads" could get you fired, and is as racist as using the "n" word in reference to African-Americans. It matters not whether you are being facetious or not.

You don't know me. And apparently, you have a hard time understanding what the word facetious means. But if you insist I'll spell it out for you. I was mocking Tony Dungy by spelling out what Dungy was implying tonight. Man, you really need to go to bed.

As I said, I've said much worse, I still have my job, so do my colleagues who always say much worse than that, simply because students understand a little thing called "context." Maybe you should try to expand your horizons.

You don't know me. And apparently, you have a hard time understanding what the word facetious means. But if you insist I'll spell it out for you. I was mocking Tony Dungy by spelling out what Dungy was implying tonight. Man, you really need to go to bed.

As I said, I've said much worse, I still have my job, so do my colleagues who always say much worse than that, simply because students understand a little thing called "context." Maybe you should try to expand your horizons.

You lost me with "turbanhead". I get the rest but am not sure why you broke out that term. Some expressions, used facetiously or not, are just plain offensive. You can call me a "kike" and rationalize it as facetious- that still doesn't make it right or not offensive. Anyway, "turbanhead" isn't even an apt insult toward a Muslim. There's a difference between a Mulsim and an Arab, and not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs.

Maybe you should try to expand your horizons and realize that the meaning of the written word is much more easily miscontrued than that of the spoken word.

You lost me with "turbanhead". I get the rest but am not sure why you broke out that term. Some expressions, used facetiously or not, are just plain offensive. You can call me a "kike" and rationalize it as facetious- that still doesn't make it right or not offensive. Anyway, "turbanhead" isn't even an apt insult toward a Muslim. There's a difference between a Mulsim and an Arab, and not all Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are Arabs.

Maybe you should try to expand your horizons and realize that the meaning of the written word is much more easily miscontrued than that of the spoken word.

I don't have to be apt. I was writing in the guise of someone who wouldn't know the difference. Whereas I was born in the Levant, that's my heritage. And no, i'm not Jewish.

I don't have to be apt. I was writing in the guise of someone who wouldn't know the difference. Whereas I was born in the Levant, that's my heritage.

Of course you don't HAVE to be apt. It's been know to help, though. Anyway, sweet guise.

And no, i'm not Jewish.

Believe me, I knew that a long time ago.

Of course you don't HAVE to be apt. It's been know to help, though. Anyway, sweet guise.

Believe me, I knew that a long time ago.

Long time? 10 minutes is a long time?

As for being apt, it ruins a gag. If you're on the ball, then you can't be the freak you're trying to be, and Tony Dungy certainly is a freak. I don't know how to be him and sane and from the Middle East at the same time. Therefore, this thread.

Last edited:

I knew from your name. No Jews live upstate! In any state!

As for being apt, it ruins a gag. If you're on the ball, then you can't be the freak you're trying to be, and Tony Dungy certainly is a freak. I don't know how to be him and sane and from the Middle East at the same time. Therefore, this thread.

LOL, OK, I give. I say crap like that too, I'm just saying it can come across easier in person.

This was God's will, folks. That's it plain and simple. You can't go against God.

Plus, consider this: a Christian coach won, so America can be proud. If the Patriots want to get to the next level, they have to fire their Jewish coaches.

The Bears were done before they walked on the field: Mushin Muhammad? Are you kidding me? God would barf if he saw that?

FOLKS, DON'T TAKE OFFENSE, I'M BEING FACETIOUS!

ummm
we dont have any jewish coaches
only a jewish punter
and a jewish owner(who without we never would have one a single championship, hell wed be in st louis)

I knew from your name. No Jews live upstate! In any state!

LOL, OK, I give. I say crap like that too, I'm just saying it can come across easier in person.

I have to say something. Dungy actually pissed me off when he said that.

I like the upstate line, but we know that isn't true. Maybe in Buffalo, but definitely not Rochester.

I have to say something. Dungy actually pissed me off when he said that.

Obviously! Me, I just laugh at it.

I like the upstate line, but we know that isn't true. Maybe in Buffalo, but definitely not Rochester.

Oh, you mean Southern Ontario?

I'm telling you, we don't live upstate.

here we go. Dungy is now a freak. lets see, a "Jesus Freak" maybe??

of course you have no agenda, upstater1.

again, another "Christian" saying someone who gives praise to God in any situation is a freak.

look, I know there are some off the wall people like Falwell and Roberstson.
But, as a Christian, if you have a problem with a guy like Tony Dungy, of all people, you have some serious questions to ask, not of Dungy, but of yourself.

And before you or others call me "judgemental", remember, it was you that started this, and it was you that "judged" Tony Dungy, without revealing until much later oh-im-christian-too- so-its ok.

you can call yourself all you want. But I would hope the church you go to would welcome a man like Tony Dungy with open arms.

Amen to your comments.

and NEM's :)

here we go. Dungy is now a freak. lets see, a "Jesus Freak" maybe??

of course you have no agenda, upstater1.

again, another "Christian" saying someone who gives praise to God in any situation is a freak.

look, I know there are some off the wall people like Falwell and Roberstson.
But, as a Christian, if you have a problem with a guy like Tony Dungy, of all people, you have some serious questions to ask, not of Dungy, but of yourself.

And before you or others call me "judgemental", remember, it was you that started this, and it was you that "judged" Tony Dungy, without revealing until much later oh-im-christian-too- so-its ok.

you can call yourself all you want. But I would hope the church you go to would welcome a man like Tony Dungy with open arms.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back