Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now Hear This

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

A poll was released today, 96 percent of the American People favor "Wiretapping Suspected Terrorists" without permission. The American People care more for their safety than they do about the Civil Liberties of some Filthy terrorist that wants to KILL your kids.

We Wiretapped the Mafia, We wiretapped the drug dealers, for years, without paper work, the Uncle Teddy gang never complained, now George Bush is wiretappin people that want to blow the whole fu cking country up and the Sore Losers want him Impeached LOL.

Keep your eye on the NY Times, they have tried to take on Bush like Dan Rather did, now some of them are starting to shi t their pants, this is breaking news.

Dan Rather thought he was going to bring down the Hated Bush, Dan Rather now sits on a park bench in Central Park feeding Pidgeons.

The Democrat Dingobats have never been up against a guy like "Little George"
  2. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

link??????
  3. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Bush allegedly wiretapped the UN in 2003. I wonder how that'll work out for our international relations. And Zuma get no link.
  5. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

hopefully the u.n. will disolve god willing.
  6. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So he posts insults and you post lies, not much of a difference if you ask me.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

"No one in this world, so far as I know ... has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people." HL Mencken Notes on journalism, Chicago Tribune, [19 September 1926]

Truth - Something somehow discreditable to someone.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  9. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We know that...
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

What is the link to the poll from the first post? Or is another one of those phantom ones from some obscure newspaper in Worcester, kinda like the story about the family who got knifed on Thanksgiving??
  11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just like NEM he will look it up and get back to you, and the thread will die by then.
  12. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Say no more...
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Now don't laugh or get panicy, (FOX NEWS) :singing:

But it will be out there for you, that is if the other networks will have the balls to report it.
  14. Zuma

Zuma Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Too late...
  15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Could we just call Fox what it is...Bush News
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Another poll tonight, it's gone up to 97%. :rocker:

We shall overcome.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

CRAP POOP (CAN'T SWEAR ON HERE)
    MY POLL IS BETTER THAN YOUR POLL BECAUSE MY POLL SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENT.

PLATTERS, I THINK NEM IS CALLING ME A BAD NAME, HE SAID I AM TANAMOUNT TO BEING TREASON (WHATEVER THE "F-WORD" THAT MEANS) :singing:
  18. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

C'mon NEM, We all know the UN is a totally useless organization that should be disbanded immediatly. All it is is a money laundering front for corrupt officials.
  19. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If the UN were dismantled, would you support creating another multigovernment, diplomatic worldwide organization with similar goals? Or are you completely against the idea of giving up anything at all to a general world community?
  20. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe some other org might work---but generally yeah..get rid of it all.
  21. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I ask because I'm genuinely undecided on the issue myself. I think if you look at history - how societies evolved from clans, to city-states, to nations, and finally to empires and superpowers - it strongly suggests at some point the planet will have one world government. So, at least in some way, moving toward that should be a goal.

On the other hand, I think before that happens, all the nations of the world will consolidate into 2-3 somewhat opposed superpowers, in which case:
    1. Giving any real power to an international organization that doesn't have goodwill among its members would be dangerous.
    2. We need to stop being jackasses to the entire world because the counterbalances for our power are coming (EU, China).

So that leaves me torn between wanting a UN-type organization, and not wanting to give up any autonomy to it (like accepting the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court - provided that we can do things like discipline our own soldiers who break the law).

My final thought on this would be this: A government built from states or nations can't be effective until the individual units give up sovereignty, autonomy, and their armies to the new nation. It was true with the United States and it will be true with the EU. If that were to happen with a world government, then the nations would have to give up their armies to it. Since, at that point, there would be nobody left to fight, it would mean humankind could give up weapons. I'm simply not optimistic enough to believe humankind can do that.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  22. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You see...the problem that I have with such an endeavour is that no matter how good the intentions are--every nation is just going to be looking out for itself. Granted, i am no "Internationalist", but to give Micronesia the same say as the US seems a little lop-sided to me. And besides, any time there is a country that needs the UN's help...who is the first country they pull resources, money, and troops from?
  23. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I would think in a fair world government there would have to be some kind of representation that was proportional to a county's population. But that's nitpicking - I agree that (with the current state of world affairs) there is too much distrust and self-interest for a strong world body to work. We are running out of time, though, as we strip the world of much more life than we'd need to if we cooperated, so we better start on our path to enlightenment.

My number one reason why we will need a world government (and why we should believe in science): at some point we will all need to leave the planet. Destruction could come sooner or much, much later, but it will no doubt happen; and if we don't succeed in leaving and colonizing space, humankind will perish. The only shot we'll ever have of succeeding at something that big is total cooperation and lots of luck.
  24. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Lest we see the ultimate tragedy of the commons manifest itself as nuclear holocaust, of course. In which case, it wouldn't matter one bit what olive branches we hand out.

Seriously though, Cooperative mutualistic arrangements in the biological world often translate into success for both organisms/species. Coral reefs are among the most productive biological systems in the world, for example, and they are really two species benefitting from their cooperative relationship.

History shows that man succeeds best when in cooperative agreements with man, and has the biggest setbacks in conflict.
  25. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

M-m-m-m-m...
    From wiretapping to world peace and space travel. Cool.
    Sorry, feeling sarcastic today.
  26. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's better than calling each other poopieheads, which is what usually passes for "discussion" here.
  27. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

THE UNITED NATIONS:

Anti American Crooks.
  28. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I wish you'd realize that the world is a lot more complex than you think. The "UN" can't be American-hating, as an institution, because the US is such a big part of it. There are large, anti-American factions in the UN, but the UN is not one mind like you think.