Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now George and his crew want to appease the terrorists..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 28, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Maybe Obama gave them the idea to do some diplomacy, this was a big talking point about how Obama wanted to talk to terrorists instead of just bombing the fukc out of the women and children.. everybody said he did not have enough experience to be CIF and was a weak willed candidate.. well all of a sudden things change..

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Bush suggests Obama wants ‘appeasement’ of terrorists - Blogs from CNN.com

Fast forward to the week before election and George and his crew now want to talk to the Taliban.. WTF another flip flop.. or did they listen to the wisdom of Obama??? Wonder if George asked Israel first..???

FOXNews.com - U.S. Considers Talks With Taliban to Reduce Afghan Violence - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Figure I would bump this five star thread..
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

the fact of the matter is that the U.S., and Pakistan's ISI, largely propped up the Taliban, in order to gain order over that country and build pipelines without fear of sabotage...

the oil isn't up there in the Caspian Basin... but the natural gas is...

if the robber barons still want those gas pipelines, they had better kiss a bit of Taliban ass... even if they ARE burning our heroin crop....

the Bush League knows it can't wipe out a radical branch of Islam that's ruled that country.... it's known this since 2002... it can kick them out of cities and stir them up a bit, but that's about it...
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

The difference of course is this is being done in the context of predators killing the Taliban in their beds in the tribal areas od pakistan with the purpose of having the tali's give up Al Queda, same strategy employed successfully by Patraeus in Iraq.

Al opposed to appeasement with no pre conditions as Obama wants to do...
  5. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I've been following this for a few weeks, I thought there was a post about the Tali-ban talks already.

They are using the same tactics they used in Iraq. Low level talks (through Saudi), no high level people. I hope it works. I care more for our troops then I care about politics.
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

If that were honest, then you'd advocate bringing them home to their families, and you'd be outraged over stop-loss
  7. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Why would I not be honest. Because my opinion differers from yours does not mean I'm lying. I agree with being in Afganistan. We need to finish what we started. Ask the troops if they want to leave in shame, without doing what they went there to do. So many are there because they choose to be there. They re-upped because they do believe in their cause. They have duty, honor and pride. Things many don't understand.

I know you don't agree with Iraq, I agree with you there. Afghanistan though, I do feel we have a right to be there. I know you feel that Bush was responsible for 9-11 so I can understand why you feel the way you do...but me being honest, well, I have no reason not to be. Making a point on the internet is not worth my word.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

So then you follow that assertion up by lying about my position on 9/11. George Bush couldn't organize a frat party, let alone make 9/11 happen.

What I said was his administration knew the attacks were coming, and looked the other way. HUGE difference. Get my position correct, please, or don't represent it at all. Thanks.
  9. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

How is it possible that you twist what I say. Take things not intended. I understand your view. I didn't ridicule it, I just don't agree with it.

I'm probably wrong, maybe I have not been convinced yet. That does not change the fact that was dishonest about how I feel. IDK, you will probably twist this too, just know I meant no disrespect.
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What???? How did i "twist" this sentence?

I know you feel that Bush was responsible for 9-11 so I can understand why you feel the way you do
  11. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Just that I understand why you feel we should not be there and that I don't agree with that. Nothing sinister with my intent. IDK man, we are not communicating. I'll let you have the last word. I thought I was clear...
  12. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Its because this interview scared the hell out of them ....Obama and patreus agreed to talk to talibans....
    Barack Obama: The TIME Interview

The sheeple in the WH is following obama plans , and this is not the first time that happening ( see irak)