Welcome to PatsFans.com

Now 9-11 Body Parts from the Pentagon Thrown in Landfill...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 1, 2012.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Sometimes I wonder if all the reverence for the dead folks killed on 9-11 or in combat is just the obligatory lip service.. between mislabeling graves in Arlington, dumping body parts from Iraq and now this. Someone's head needs to roll..

Disposal of 9/11 remains based on ’02 DoD memo - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Very sad state of affairs Darryl. I honestly have no idea how stuff like this happens once, let alone twice.

NBC Nightly News last night showed a press conf. with some high up AF guy simply saying "I am responsible for this.."

Well if you are Sir, thank you for your service...here is your pink slip.

3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +230 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

I call BS on part of this report that states that Flight 93 remains were sent to a landfill. The victims' families gave the coroner a standing ovation at the dedication this past September for his work with them. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'correction' issued soon.
    Locals dispute report on disposal of Flight 93 remains » Local News » The Tribune Democrat, Johnstown, PA

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Interestingly enough an Air Force General took responsibility for what did happen..

More focused on the remains from the Pentagon..

5. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Yes the report I saw last night only spoke of remains from the Pentagon attack being dumped in the landfill. Made no mention of Flight 93.

6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +230 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

And as if on cue....
    Military says Flight 93 remains not dumped

“A top Air Force official said Wednesday that he doubts some human remains from the Flight 93 site near Shanksville were incinerated and dumped in a landfill.
    Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz said his "current understanding" was that none of the remains from the Shanksville site were processed through the Dover Air Force Base, which has come under scrutiny in recent years for its treatment of the dead, an Air Force spokeswoman confirmed Wednesday evening.”