PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

November 19th 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every report I heard out of camp that year was a "who is this kid" type of
comment. I was so psyched that we had someone, anyone, to QB the
team other than Drew. I had all I could take of Mr. Give The Game Away
so I would have been happy with anyone else, even Bishop. Your bringing
up his backward pass again will cause me nightmares once again this evening.
To this day I cringe when I queue up that DVD and see the idiotic, futile,
moronic, dumb, Drewish, attempt to give the game away. Nice guy that Drew,
but really, I've met pavement bricks with a better football acumen. :mad:

It was mostly newsgroups on USENET then but there were lots of camp observations of Brady posted.

Drew was my favorite Patriot back then and I remember that I was not too happy when I heard he was benched.

BUT Drew did get to play one last time in a Patriot uniform against the Steelers, we ended up getting Ty Warren for him, and Brady turned out pretty good. :)

But the job was never really entirely his even as a captain. Because Lloyd was ascared of his alumni. That crap with alternating quarters, how he survived that kind of college foundation I will never know. I think his point was he was never 100% certain he would start, whether he did or not is immaterial.

Hey Dave, now that Lloyd is gone does that impact you?

The job was his. Not sure why Drew played so much to be honest. The alumni and students were pro-Brady. He had the highest selling jersey and got the loudest ovation on senior day. Henson was good, Tommy was special.

I don't think I'll be impacted by Lloyd leaving. I doubt RichRod will turn his back on former program guys. I don't go down there a whole lot anyways. I have my season tickets and get bowl priority if I choose to go, so I'm OK. I'm actually looking forward to the change.

For some reason I was unable to watch the San Diego game in 2001 and I remember when I had heard the the Patriots had pulled it out in OT I had been disappointed. I always really liked Doug Flutie and my thought process had been that San Diego had a chance to go somewhere while we weren't going anywhere in 2001. :confused: :confused:

For some reason I was unable to watch the San Diego game in 2001 and I remember when I had heard the the Patriots had pulled it out in OT I had been disappointed. I always really liked Doug Flutie and my thought process had been that San Diego had a chance to go somewhere while we weren't going anywhere in 2001. :confused: :confused:

I hear you. I was a big Flutie fan but by then I had become a complete 'Brady's Lady'. I was at that game and it really illustrated Brady's ability to grab a W given a small window of opportunity. I'll admit that SB was not on my horizon but playoffs were.

It was mostly newsgroups on USENET then but there were lots of camp observations of Brady posted.

Yeah,

I was a regular on the Usenet newsgroup. You spent a fair amount of time their as well.

Last edited:
What ever happened to Kent? He was SO much fun to make fun of.
The wild Turkeys terrorizing his family...
Viscerial hatred of the Jets...which I shared

Last edited:
What ever happened to Kent? He was SO much fun to make fun of.
The wild Turkeys terrorizing his family...
Viscerial hatred of the Jets...which I shared

I don't know. Last I heard he was up to his ears starting up a new business.
Making fun of his posts was great fodder for the rest of the group then. He
used to get eviscerated for the most part. His hatred for the Jets was
legendary and he used to get a couple of posters from the Jets group that
would parry with him over his comments which made for great reading as well.
Harlan Lachman and some other guy if I remember correctly. I go over there
now and then and some of those guys are still around interestingly enough.
He was also a founding member of the David Patten and Dante S. hate group.
I forget his stand on Drew.

Last edited:
Great memories.
He was a Bledsoe Krishna and reluctantly came to embrace Brady and then tried to 'revise his past history' on the topic. Again hilarious.

Didn't go to the Jets newsgroup as much; I hung out in the Bills newsgroup bashing Rob Johnson. I liked the Bills and hated to see them piss away playoff windows in the late 90s.

from the moment Brady came in agaisnt the Jets you could see his pocket presense was SO MUCH BETTER than Bledsoe. I was thrilled to have him in there. By the first half of the Denver game, a game they ended up losing when Brady threw 4 picks in the 2nd half, I saw similarities to Montana.

more importantly, the team played better with Brady as QB. I never doubted the move and I applauded BB's guts to make the right move for the team.

And I NEVER bought into this myth that Bleadsoe was such a team guy during the season. He made it well known his disdain for Belichick, and the way he cried at the end of the AFCCG as if it was all about him was typical Bledsoe. At the end of the SB, when 99% of players would be happy their team got a ring, it was obvious on his face the fact that he wasnt "the man" meant more to him than the team finally winning it all. And not coming to the rally, when he could have cemented the memory of his role on the team with Brady, was pure bush league.

Bledsoe got away with a lot in Boston, not least of which what happened at the mosh pit and his role in it. Is that girl walking yet??

Belichick was a genius for getting Ty Warren with the draft pick, it was a steal.

And i still say it was the hope that Bill Parcells brought to New England football that meant more than Drew Bledsoe. the games would have sold out in 1994 with Rick Mirer. im not saying he was nearly the QB, but it was Kraft and Parcells that saved the franchise, NOT Drew Bledsoe.

there i feel better............:)

And finally, when being sacked, The Statue blithely flipped a pass backwards over his head going God knows where because certainly Drew didn't. Luckily (there was no skill involved) no Pitt player was near where the ball landed.

Drew had a receiver that he saw before the pass(?) was thrown and didn't miss too badly (considering that it was a blind, over the head pass). The ref blew it totally by calling an intentional grounding penalty when it clearly wasn't.

That being said, it was a stupid decision.

The job was his. Not sure why Drew played so much to be honest. The alumni and students were pro-Brady. He had the highest selling jersey and got the loudest ovation on senior day. Henson was good, Tommy was special.

I don't think I'll be impacted by Lloyd leaving. I doubt RichRod will turn his back on former program guys. I don't go down there a whole lot anyways. I have my season tickets and get bowl priority if I choose to go, so I'm OK. I'm actually looking forward to the change.

As an Ohio State alum I'm not looking forward to the change, I'd have like to see Lloyd extended for about 10 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes