NOTICE: Hardware Upgrade Scheduled for 2am ET Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
The forum will be unavailable for approximately two hours beginning at around 2am for a major hardware upgrade. After reviewing the cause of what happened Sunday, this change should speed things up quite a bit and prevent those types of issues from occurring for the foreseeable future and hopefully get us through a few more years before another is needed.

So we should be all set for this weekend's game and hopefully we'll be talking about a win when it's over :)

Last edited:
No forum for 2 hours?! Oh the horror!! (j/k - thanks Ian for all you do!)

Nice! The forum gets hammered too often then recently. Thank you!!

I recall that you hoped to avoid the need to do this, so I'm sorry it's come to this. Thanks for all you do to keep this place going.

Please give me names of some websites to visit in the meantime, since this is the only site i know of :D

Just kidding...... Please continue the good work

You're the man, Ian.

Damn. Guess I'll have to chat with my wife :shudder:

Regards,
Chris

I recall that you hoped to avoid the need to do this, so I'm sorry it's come to this. Thanks for all you do to keep this place going.

"It is what it is" and it needs to be done. The upside is it will be nice not having to keep a window open while worrying about it freezing when it spikes, and hopefully should have things running smoother moving forward.

LOL it's happening at 2am. "Chatting" isn't what you should be doing at that hour ;)

It'll be 11 where I'm at. Wife still in chat mode prime on Friday evenings at that time.

Regards,
Chris

My (non-fan) wife says it would be funnier if you did this Sunday at 6:30 p.m.

But I'm glad you're not!

Thanks Ian.

Thanks Ian.....

You got just the thing the end the chatting

I'm married. Surely you jest.

Regards,
Chris

ETA: Took almost 8 years, but *finally* in the starting line-up. Feel very Ray/Ross Ventrone-ish.

Last edited:
What a board...from Admins to Mods to members.

We got a good thing going here.

I appreciates...

LOL it's happening at 2am. "Chatting" isn't what you should be doing at that hour ;)

beat me to it, bud. :rocker:

Just a periodic bump for those on the West Coast who may log on - or those on the East Coast who don't tend to get much sleep :cool:

Thanks Ian. Not to get all sentimental or anything but when the board went down it made me look at the bigger picture and wonder for a second what life would be like without this place :( Then we kicked the TExans *** and I felt a little bit better :cool:

Thanks for everything Ian, this is the best site.

I'll be going to my first AFCCG on Sunday, but I'll find time to read some sky is falling testimony in the game thread during half time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes