Notes To Pats Fans Attending Monday's Jets Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Some helpfull tips & observations...

1. As you drive through NYC looking for the Jets stadium, keep going.
You need to continue west, crossing a rather large sewage canal into
yet another godforsaken state. The stadium is located in New Jersey,
in the beautiful town of Hackensack. It's not really the Jets' stadium
but that's too long of a sad story.

2. One caveat, do not, I repeat DO NOT wear a Pennington jersey in that
stadium. You have been warned for your safety.

3. No alcohol will be served in the stadium monday, but that is not a
problem. Jets fans are by intrinsic nature loud and obnoxious
creatures and their basic behaviour remains unaffected by consuming
mass quantities. You'll miss none of the local color you came to see.

4. The coach Herm Edwards. The following analogy will help Patriots
fans. Known as the 'black Pete Carroll' he has a similar penchant for
going easy on the players and tolerating repeated failure. He stands on
the sidelines during games with a similar bewildered "I can't believe
I'm seeing this" look on his face.

5. As to coaching style, you'll be amused and entertained if there is
any need whatsoever for clock management during the game. Herm and the
clock is always a classic. Stay alert.

6. Players to watch include John Abraham their pass rushing DE. He'll
be facing 2nd team Pats OTs and should be fun to watch, that is
assuming he does not get another vicious attack of menstrual cramps and
sit out the game. This is unlikely because he's playing for a contract
and may actually give a decent effort.

7. Couple years ago the Jets traded up giving multiple picks for a DT
known as the BBWK, Bowling Ball With Knives. He's since played in
obscurity and mediocrity but last game he came right up the middle and
sacked Brady. To his credit, he did not use any knives on Brady that
play. His matchup against the Pats 3rd team OC will be interesting.

8. Say Hi to Jonathan Vilma, their talented, young, mouthy MLB. Tell him
not to quit his day job and go into the prognosticating business.

9. Contrary to rumor, not all women at Jets games are strippers and
prostitutes. Treat any women you meet with respect, even when they're
harrassing you for money.

10. After the obligatory Patriots victory, go against your nature and
comport yourselves with class. Maybe you can finally get that beer at
a Jets post game tailgate.

11. If your 12 year old can throw a football over 15 yards, please ask
for a man called Bradway as you exit the stadium. Big bucks could be
yours.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:

1. As you drive through NYC looking for the Jets stadium, keep going.
You need to continue west, crossing a rather large sewage canal into
yet another godforsaken state. The stadium is located in New Jersey,
in the beautiful town of Hackensack. It's not really the Jets' stadium
but that's too long of a sad story.

Instead of driving through the "large sewage canal", you can take I95 South through the George Washington Bridge and then take the Route 17 South to the Meadowlands. (Warning: If you have less than 4 occupants per car, NYC will not allow you to drive through the City due to the transit strike.)

The Giants Stadium is not located in the "beautiful town of Hackensack". It is located in the town of "East Rutherford".

The "godforsaken state" of New Jersey has the second highest per-capita income in the nation, with a median home value in excess of half a million dollars.

PatsWickedPissah said:

3. No alcohol will be served in the stadium monday, but that is not a
problem. Jets fans are by intrinsic nature loud and obnoxious
creatures and their basic behaviour remains unaffected by consuming
mass quantities. You'll miss none of the local color you came to see.

New Jersey and Bergen County folks are some of the wealthiest and most educated people in the country.

The prohibition of alcohol is to make the football game more enjoyable and family friendly for both the parents and children who are visiting Manhattan for the holidays.

The prohibition of alcohol is to make the football game more enjoyable and family friendly for both the parents and children who are visiting Manhattan for the holidays.

Very understandable. And here all along I thought it was to prevent the jester faithful from peeing in the aisles after wallowing in despair and depression at the 35th incarnation of an epic disaster of a season and resorting to excessive alcohol to numb themselves into a stupor.

mikey said:
New Jersey and Bergen County folks are some of the wealthiest and most educated people in the country.

I suppose you'll be telling me next that the women aren't all hookers and strippers?

Please. You cannot be taking anything in that post seriously, can you?

Hilarious stuff, PWP!!!

I can only add: "If you're wearing Pats clothing - stay the hell out of that long raised tunnel bridge contraption in the parking lot. It's like going through a big sewer pipe with thousands of angry bees - and you're wearing honey-coated longjohns".

mikey said:
Instead of driving through the "large sewage canal", you can take I95 South through the George Washington Bridge and then take the Route 17 South to the Meadowlands. (Warning: If you have less than 4 occupants per car, NYC will not allow you to drive through the City due to the transit strike.)

The Giants Stadium is not located in the "beautiful town of Hackensack". It is located in the town of "East Rutherford".

The "godforsaken state" of New Jersey has the second highest per-capita income in the nation, with a median home value in excess of half a million dollars.

Take a joke, New York LOVER!

Drinking would be the only way at this game to enjoy yourself.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I suppose you'll be telling me next that the women aren't all hookers and strippers?

Please. You cannot be taking anything in that post seriously, can you?

Well now that we know he is a Jet fan, his post make perfect sense now.

Exit 16W

Don't worry about the beer ban. Those fans are notorious for sneaking in large quantities of beer into the stadium.

Failing that there is the other option of smoking some of those "special" cigarettes. You will smell the aroma wafting from some of the concourses and ramps at the stadium.

And yes North Jersey does suck. NJ also has the highest taxes in the country.

The fans were not that mean believe it or not. I was treated OK during the 2 Pats games I attended there. The Pats lost both so that could be part of the reason.

Anyway have fun if you are going.

:rofl: You wanna see funny? Check out the reaction this post gets over on JetsInisder. It went over like the proverbial fart in church. :D Some actually appreciated the humor, but some were pushed to the brink of sanity so much that they had to resort to claiming our QB has female genitalia, and even question our own PatsWickedPissah's sexual preference!

Loud Jets fans? Where? Two years ago I was at the Jets-Pats game at the Meadowdump right around Xmas time. The place was a morgue.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
:rofl: You wanna see funny? Check out the reaction this post gets over on JetsInisder. It went over like the proverbial fart in church. :D Some actually appreciated the humor, but some were pushed to the brink of sanity so much that they had to resort to claiming our QB has female genitalia, and even question our own PatsWickedPissah's sexual preference!

Yes, somehow many failed to see the (attempt at) humor. See for yourself...

http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=105977

-pwp (casting my pearls before swine)

Wow

Great job there stirring up the bee's nest. What profanity on that board!? A bunch of stereotypical ignorant New Yorkers with the exception of a few with a sense of humor.

Great Post!

Last edited:
Oh, lest I forget, I added these three pointers over at Jets Insidah...

10. A bit of history here. Although the Jets have never won an official NFL Championship of any kind, they did once win an inter-league exhibition game in the late 60s, long before Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. Really, they did. Ask your grandfather.

11. Speaking of that game, if an ugly elderly besotted male grabs your wife or girlfriend and tries to kiss her, it's the QB from that game.

12. Local culture. As the game wears on, you'll here folks chanting J...E...T...S! Join in, every December it stands for 'Just End The Season'.

Too funny. I just read the link - it seems like a cesspool of ill will over there - a transit strike will do that to people.

BTW, if you take his arms, I'll take his legs, we can carry PatSummerallofthe80's over there and feed him to the lions!

PatsWickedPissah said:
Oh, lest I forget, I added these three pointers over at Jets Insidah...

10. A bit of history here. Although the Jets have never won an official NFL Championship of any kind, they did once win an inter-league exhibition game in the late 60s, long before Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. Really, they did. Ask your grandfather.

11. Speaking of that game, if an ugly elderly besotted male grabs your wife or girlfriend and tries to kiss her, it's the QB from that game.

12. Local culture. As the game wears on, you'll here folks chanting J...E...T...S! Join in, every December it stands for 'Just End The Season'.

My goodness, it must have been a tough season for the Jets -- I feel sorry for them (I hope it'll be a few seasons before the Pats are back there again).

Great job, nevertheless -- 11 and 12 are too funny for words!

I almost forgot about John Rocker and what he said, I wouldn't go as far as to say he was 100% correct, but NY is a cesspool. And northern Jersey is a big chemical dump that I swear produces mutants.

As for "JetBabe" I bet she is the big fat slob sports babe that used to do radio.

Last edited:
PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
I almost forgot about John Rocker and what he said, I wouldn't go as far as to say he was 100% correct, but NY is a cesspool. And northern Jersey is a big chemical dump that I swear produces mutants.

As for "JetBabe" I bet she is the big fat slob sports babe that used to do radio.

No she's not that old, fat skank; just another younger one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back