Welcome to PatsFans.com

Noted Influential Woman Speaking at Hahvid Today

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWickedPissah, May 9, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +860 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/leadership/events/index.php?action=showEvent&event_id=39

Ayaan Hirsi Ali (born 13 November 1969 in Mogadishu, Somalia) is a Dutch human rights leader, feminist, and a member of the Dutch Parliament for the liberal party. She is a prominent and often controversial spokesperson, author, film maker and critic of Islamism. Her movie “Submission†on abuse of women in Islam, directly led to the murder of the director Theo Van Gogh in November 2004. A death letter left on the body was addressed to Ms Hirsi Ali.

In 2005 Ms Hirsi Ali was chosen among the world’s 100 most influential people of Time Magazine and Reader’s Digest voted her ‘European of the Year 2006’. Meanwhile, she also receives heavy criticism on her views and approaches for change. Ms Hirsi Ali is under severe and permanent security protection.

The security protection is because she's an outspoken critic of the Religion of Peace. Not a healthy lifestyle choice.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

She's a very brave woman and from the little I've now read about here, a very modern one. It's always encouraging when someone rejects religion and dogma in favor of human rights, in this case women's rights. I tend to agree with her -- religion and the little cultural ways of life we sometimes try to protect are often a cover for murder, hate, and oppression.

http://trans-int.blogspot.com/2005/05/ayaan-hirsi-ali-on-left-and.html

“Since the September 11 attacks, I no longer believe in God. In the eyes of the fundamentalists who threaten me, that justifies my being put to death. They accuse me of ‘insulting’ the Prophet, of saying that Islam oppresses women, of ‘collaborating with the enemy’, that’s to say, with non-Muslims.”

"Because the left is exactly like the Muslims! I wanted to give priority to the defense of immigrant women who are victims of domestic violence. They said to me: “No, that’s not a priority! The problem will take care of itself when the immigrants have jobs and are integrated.” It is exactly what the Imams say who demand that we accept oppression and slavery today because tomorrow, in Heaven, God will give us dates and raisins…. I think we need first to defend the individual. The left is afraid of everything. But fear of giving offense leads to injustice and suffering. The sexual revolution, the affirmation of individual rights, improving the living conditions of immigrants – these were once the great causes of the Dutch left. In their eyes, the simple fact of belong to a minority gives one the right to do anything. This multiculturalism is a disaster. All one has to do is scream “discrimination” and all doors are open to you! Scream ‘racism’ and your opponents shut up! But multiculturalism is an inconsistent theory. If one wants to let communities preserve their traditions, what happens when these traditions work to the detriment of women or homosexuals? The logic of multiculturalism amounts to accepting the subordination of women. Nonetheless, the defenders of multiculturalism do not want to admit it."
  3. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +860 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Great quotes. Takes a black 'really African' woman to give creds to the revelation that multiculturalism, so beloved of the left in this country is actually disfunctional.
  4. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

The same part of the left opposes western multiculturalism that sometimes promotes discrimination against gays, elimination of abortion rights, religious monuments in public places, the teaching of Creationism as science, the sexist policies of the Catholic Church, the sexist customs of Orthodox Jews, and so on. What hypocrites they are! I say oppose the whole lot of ancient beliefs.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

GW Bush and the American troops are over in Iraq right now trying to help the Muslim Women get off the donkey and into the car with the men.

Where was this women when Bill Clinton was running amok raping and killing cats? :bricks:
  6. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Harry, might interest you to know up until Bush I's war on Iraq, Iraq was a Baathist secular state, and women and relatively equal rights. Since the U.S. got involved, women have lost rights, though right now that battle is still raging.

Also, are you now accusing Clinton of raping cats?
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Dear God, do you mean to tell me you have never heard of "Kathleen Wileys Cat".

I didn't say Clinton was banging the Cat, I said he "killed the cat" he put out a "hit contract on Kathleens P ussy his stooges made the hit.
    Last edited: May 9, 2006
  8. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never heard that story, care to elaborate.... I have heard about the coke smuggling, killing foster in the park, and some other ones...
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

10. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

The cat story was one of the more ridiculous charges that righties thought up. They also said Clinton was responsible for murdering 52 people, raped at least 2 women, and god knows what else. Of course, after $60 million of taxpayer money, you'd think a right-wing fundamentalist prosecutor would have been able to get him on something more than lying about consensual sex, but Clinton was just too clean. I think the Republicans should pay the government back the $60 million, since it was an unethical, politically motivated witchhunt.
  11. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +860 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

My gawd, I never knew!