PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note to Chicken Little: We won tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of bemoaning the team on this board tonight.

We won the game. Yes, there are problems. But we freaking won.

We are in first place in the division.

People got spoiled in 2007, forgot what it was like to root for Grogan, Bledsoe, or even 2005 Patriots. Sure things are changing, but lighten up people.

I would remind you that the 2002, 2008 and even the 2005 patriots were tied for a playoff spot at the end of the season.

People got spoiled in 2007, forgot what it was like to root for Grogan, Bledsoe, or even 2005 Patriots. Sure things are changing, but lighten up people.

Even with the victory it is tough to overlook the fact that the team is underperforming.

The offense showed no emotion out there today, and this coming off three losses in the last four games. It is very concerning.

Yeah, woooptie doooo, they barely beat the Panthers.

The offense showed no emotion out there today .

Welker says otherwise. I know they played like crap at first, but coming back from that awful start and outscoring the opponent 20-3 shows a lot of resolve.

the team is in a funk...I think they will bounce out of it soon though

This team, and in particular the offense, is having serious issues right now. We probably don't win this game in Charlotte or if they have Delhomme.

I'm just hoping the Carolina secondary's postgame comments light a fire under Moss.

I don't care anything about emotion. I wanna see some damn touchdowns from this offence. I mean seriously. I never dreamed this offense would need two 48 yard field goals in the rain to put 20 points on the board.

The bright spot today was that they ran the ball a little bit for the first time in several years. I don't think they have choice.

Last edited:
as brady said..we have played better and lost so take a win however u can.no two games are played the same way.

And look on the bright side too - Dallas is Zero-2 in this month thus far - their Dec doldrums are continuing. Now they're going to have to travel to New Orleans and Washington...good luck with that...

I was really pulling for the Cowbums tonight, DTF; but it seems that whenever I want them to win, they lose.

As for the Patsies "victory" today, they could run the table the rest of the season, and it wouldn't make a dime's worth of difference to me. They've already played all of their Statement games, and they've failed to make a statement in any of them. Unless choking, laziness, apathy, softness & incompetence counts.

If you're not happy about this win, you should have lowered your expectations many weeks ago, like I did. I'm just glad they won. They need every W they can get.

Now we have to win on the road in Buffalo. The Pats have no choice; a loss could potentially keep them out of the playoffs. They should be feeling pressure now, and if they continue to have success it should help them deal with such pressure in the playoffs. I guess we'll find out. No game is a given for this team anymore. I don't care who the opponent is.

Maybe the ineptitude of our passing game was a blessing in disguise. We actually RAN the ball for once and STUCK TO IT :eek: Works like a charm when it clicks doesn't it O'brien.

Now if we come out in the 2nd half next week with a 2 score lead and go 5 wide then you know we're in trouble.

Yes they were flat in the beginning but I think from the time James Sanders got a big hit on Steve Smith they started coming around.

I take some good things from the game. Despite what others say, I think the play calling was very good. Third down draws, screen to Maroney, good blocking in the hole from Baker and Morris, changed up formations, more runs, Vollmer helps, threw to the TE, blitzed Guyton more, run defense was fine, Williams made about three cut back runs that were a credit to his ability. Yeah, there were still some problems but basically I saw a shift away from the Randy Moss Effect to a more conservative run game, shorter passes, I don't remember any long bombs yesterday. I even liked Sanders and Maroney efforts yesterday and I don't like either one of them.

So whine and complain, I'm happy with a win and as TB said "it's on to the biggest game of the year."

If you're not happy about this win, you should have lowered your expectations many weeks ago, like I did. I'm just glad they won. They need every W they can get.

Now we have to win on the road in Buffalo. The Pats have no choice; a loss could potentially keep them out of the playoffs. They should be feeling pressure now, and if they continue to have success it should help them deal with such pressure in the playoffs. I guess we'll find out. No game is a given for this team anymore. I don't care who the opponent is.

The Patriots are not the team people think they are, the Patriots are an above average team that will have to battle for every win. There are no gimme games on the schedule and to expect the Patriots to win every game or play well is unrealistic.

So, yeah...people should have lowered their expectations last week after the maimi loss and be happy the patriots got a win on Sunday.

We knew we would win, but can we win on the road??? If we lose to Buffalo, we do not win the divison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing