PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Note for Miguel - Globe prints salary cap #'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urgent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Miguel:

Just in case you didn't see it - the Globe printed salary cap info, and some of the numbers were a bit different from yours. At least gives some direction on players to check. For example, they had Vrabel at $3.69mm vs. Patscap at $3.54mm.

In the printed version of the 1/22 Sunday Globe - sometimes the charts are not available online.

Their total was $89.3mm, not including the NFLE quartet of Mortensen, Stone, Charles, and Musinski.

Good looking out. I will have my brother mail me Sunday's sports section. Since I do not live in MA, I only read the Globe online.

I just took a look and (Wrong) Borges has a couple of very different #'s and a lot just off by a few thousand to around twenty thousand. I'm sure like with some of his picks, his unfortunate interns just screwed up.

He has Jarvis Green listed at $370K instead of $3.65M (LOL) and Brandon Gorin at $1.39M rather than $690K and Hochstein at $1.17M rather than $618K. Has Wilfork at $1.99 rather than $1.78 and Izzo at $800K rather than $726K. The rest are fairly inconsequential, and he is rounding up to two digits rather than using exact figures.

He doesn't list Reid or Stokes dead money.

He also details impending FA's and lists as UFA's

Ashworth, T. Brown, Chatham, A. Davis, D. Davis, Dwight, Evans, Fauria, Flutie, Givens, Hawkins, Neal, Poteat, C. Scott, Stone, Tucker, Vinatieri.

He lists as ERFA Childress, Gay, McGrew, Mruc, G. Scott, Thomas and Yates.

No RFA.

Details our draft picks by round (pending any compensatory picks) as:

1st (21) 2nd (20) 3rd (11 & 21) 4th (8 & 21) 5th (7) 6th (22) and 7th (21).

MoLewisrocks said:
He has Jarvis Green listed at $370K instead of $3.65M (LOL) and Brandon Gorin at $1.39M rather than $690K and Hochstein at $1.17M rather than $618K. Has Wilfork at $1.99 rather than $1.78 and Izzo at $800K rather than $726K. The rest are fairly inconsequential, and he is rounding up to two digits rather than using exact figures.

Green's number must be a typo, but the others are correct. Some of those include incentives for 2006 that currently are LTBE.

thanks and great work to all who posted!!!

Urgent said:
In the printed version of the 1/22 Sunday Globe - sometimes the charts are not available online.

This chart was definitely not online.

Urgent said:
Their total was $89.3mm, not including the NFLE quartet of Mortensen, Stone, Charles, and Musinski.
They also did not include Nick Steitz, Jeff Roehl, Raymond Ventrone, Joe Condo, and Antwain Spann.

I will try to scan the chart and post it as a graphics file.

MoLewisrocks said:
Details our draft picks by round (pending any compensatory picks) as:

1st (21) 2nd (20) 3rd (11 & 21) 4th (8 & 21) 5th (7) 6th (22) and 7th (21).

possibly confirming we gave our 5th for A davis?

MoLewisrocks said:
I just took a look and (Wrong) Borges has a couple of very different #'s and a lot just off by a few thousand to around twenty thousand. I'm sure like with some of his picks, his unfortunate interns just screwed up..

I think that the chart is the work of Mike Reiss. Some of the wording in it reminds me of some of his recent articles.

PatsWorldChamps said:
possibly confirming we gave our 5th for A davis?
There is a footnote to the chart that confirms that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back