PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notable Titans game stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 5 tackles, 2 assists, a INT that got overturned and 3 other solid pass breakups.

What is a great CB putting up for stats these days?

Just ignore him. He was doing this crap last season too. Joker thinks he is a Jets fan.

This is sort of obvious given how bad the Titans were, but:

First downs, rushing, Patriots: 13
First downs, rushing, Titans: 1

And another amusing stat: at least the Titans did better rushing this time than they did passing last time (–7 yards gross :eek:).

Man, even Reiss who was scraping the bottle of the barrel for negatives in his 3 up, 3 down could pick on McCourty.

Zoltan is down.

Solder had the nerve to give up a sack to a pro-bowl pass rusher, forget that he was crushing it run-blocking.

And Welker only had 3 catches. Like they were targeting him all day and he choked.

Like I said he was searching frantically for negatives and McCourty was never mentioned. (Not that I blame him. It's not called 3 up, none down).

I disagree. He played well the entire game. He was not beat at all on any plays. I think he is on his way back to form.

I agree. I don't know what game the McCourty haters were watching, but overall he was arguably the best player in the secondary today. All the other guys struggled as much or more on plays. Dowling struggled early. Gregory gave up the lone Titans' TD. Arrington got burnt a couple of times. Chung gave up a few plays over the middle. Yet, all the McCourty haters can talk about is McCourty sucking.

I agree. I don't know what game the McCourty haters were watching, but overall he was arguably the best player in the secondary today. All the other guys struggled as much or more on plays. Dowling struggled early. Gregory gave up the lone Titans' TD. Arrington got burnt a couple of times. Chung gave up a few plays over the middle. Yet, all the McCourty haters can talk about is McCourty sucking.

Agreed, McCourty is no Tavon Wilson, but he's pretty good.

:rolleyes:

No one gives a rat' ass about Greg knopping. Ugh.

Defense total yards allowed 284.

Side note to that stat, only once did they hold a team to under 285 yards in the regular season last year. Jets Week 5.

And my notable stat is only allowing Tennessee to go 5 for 14 on 3rd down.

Last edited:
The biggest one for me, as it always is, is the turnover differential.

As long as we win that every week, we'll be fine.

The Pats defense is #5 in ypg and #3 in PPG, WE'RE BACK. :D ;)

After looking at this schedule,I really wonder if any opposing RB in any games this year will run for more than 100 yards against this front 7......unless there are severe injuries,I just don't see it.

Nantz.Simms pointed it out. The Patriots defenders didn't seem to have any/many issed tackles and I bet the yards after contact were fairly minimal.

The only negative I recall was the soft middle of the field. But 6'5" receivers are always going to have an advantage making a play on the ball.

After looking at this schedule,I really wonder if any opposing RB in any games this year will run for more than 100 yards against this front 7......unless there are severe injuries,I just don't see it.

I think it is way too early to call the run defense great. It was great today, but there were problems at times last year and many of the same players are still out there.

The biggest one for me, as it always is, is the turnover differential.

As long as we win that every week, we'll be fine.

However, we also need to win when we do not have a turnover advantage and the type of D we played today will support that.

There were 2 plays to McCourtys side that were not his man, one of which he made the tackle on right after it was caught, and the other the TD.
If you don't know why you are looking at or have an axe to grind, you can blame McCourty.

The Pats defense is #5 in ypg and #3 in PPG, WE'RE BACK. :D ;)

From your keyboard to Gods ears ;)

It was a good start and BB defensive backs have a pattern of generally improving during the season. Last year from poor (to be generous) to OK. This year lets hope thay go from OK to very good :D

Defense total yards allowed 284.

I think this is fairly significant. We've only allowed under 300 total yards 4 times in our last 36 games. Now we need to string a few together.

Welker with his lowest yardage total in a game since coming to the Pats, excluding the one he got injured in. I don't expect that to be a trend, this offense is going to be difficult to slow down...

Welker with his lowest yardage total in a game since coming to the Pats, excluding the one he got injured in. I don't expect that to be a trend, this offense is going to be difficult to slow down...
Right.

But a godo take-a-way si that the offense no longer has to run through Welker. I certainly don't mind if it does, but the team will be that much more danagerous and unpredictable. And best yet, it's sustainable...barring injuries of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes