patchick

Moderatrix
Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The clear place to start:

Chris Johnson: 11 carries, 4 yards
Stevan Ridley: 21 carries, 125 yards

Ridley's total is especially impressive to me because his longest run was just 17 yards. He simply punished the Titans all day long. (Compare to Murray's ballyhooed performance on Thursday, where he put up nearly identical numbers on the back of one 48-yard run.)

What else leaps out at you?

Ridley's total is especially impressive to me because his longest run was just 17 yards. He simply punished the Titans all day long. (Compare to Murray's ballyhooed performance on Thursday, where he put up nearly identical numbers on the back of one 48-yard run.)

Defense total yards allowed 284.

Kudos to the O-line. Although Dan Connolly went out late in the game with a head injury, possibly concussion.

Brandon Lloyd this game: 5 catches, 69 yards.

Chad Ochocinco entire 2011 season: 15 catches, 276 yards, 1 TD.

Lloyd should eclipse Ocho by game 4.

Pats - 31
Titans - 29

Ahern is something, ain't he?

Welker 3-14-0
Looks like he was left out of the gameplan.

Run D wasn't good...it was incredible. This d is a real #1 corner away from being one of the league's best.

I'm actually surprised Ocho had that many catches and yards. I swear I only remember him catching the ball like 4 times all last year with everything else sailing over his head. Color me shocked.

Some more:

Titans' third down efficiency - 5 for 14 (35%) not lights out, but better than the Pats' 44% allowed rate last year.
Titans' total yards rushing - 20 yards
Titans yards per carry - 1.2
Titans Red Zone efficiency - 0 for 2
Patriots time of possession - 31:01
Patriots' third down efficiency - 6 for 12 (50%)

It was already alluded to, but the Pats top 3 picks had big plays. I doubt that has ever happened before in New England.

Looks like Chandler Jones' injury was not serious, and the Pats came out of this game without any apparent significant injuries, although Dan Connolly's injury status is unknown; possible concussion?

I didn't hear Marcus Cannon's name mentioned at all. That is what you want to hear about an O-lineman.

The next stat

Dont'a Hightower - 1 Fumble return TD
Chandler Jones - 1 Sack & 1 Forced fumble
Tavon Wilson - 1 interception

Solid debuts from two highly touted recruits and one openly chastized recruit.

Some thoughts:

1. Ridley with 152 total yards offense (125 rushing, 27 receiving). A 1500 yard season rushing/receiving doesn't seem out of the question.

2. Run/pass balance and efficiency. 32 pass attempts (including the sack), 35 rushes. 6.0 YPC average rushing. Brady almost 75% completion rate, no INTs. No reciver targeted more than 8 times. A very balanced offense that is almost impossible to stop when it doesn't stop itself.

3. 6 PD vs. 0 for the Titans. The secondary was really laying the lumber.

Pats won by more than the JEST. :p

Jones also had two tackles for losses.

Brandon Lloyd this game: 5 catches, 69 yards.

Chad Ochocinco entire 2011 season: 15 catches, 276 yards, 1 TD.

Lloyd should eclipse Ocho by game 4.

I agree, but I say he eclipses it by the next game. Seriously, I saw things that tells me they will throw all over Arizona.

Anyone know the defense's 3rd down stats?

Bigger than the Int, IMO, was the Wilson played a lot and I barely remmeber any completions to his man/zone, although there were 2 in the seem on McCourtys side where he had to make the tackle because whoever was at safety was not in the vicinity

The domination would have been even gr8er if Lloyd had adjusted to the ball properly, and if Brady could hit a wide open AHern in the end zone while on the run.

If the refs hadn't blown the call on Edelman's flare pass run for a 1st down +, we could have relaxed much sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes