PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notable NFL Roster Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers badly need a safety owing to injuries. Can the Pats possibly swing a deal?

Panthers, running out of safeties, bring in Major Wright

Though I think we handled them well in preseason game 3 I would be unwilling to give a top team like a Panthers any help. If we were to say trade Harmon to him lets say (last year of his deal) We could very well end up facing that player in the super bowl. I am not at all inclined to see that happen.

Though I think we handled them well in preseason game 3 I would be unwilling to give a top team like a Panthers any help. If we were to say trade Harmon to him lets say (last year of his deal) We could very well end up facing that player in the super bowl. I am not at all inclined to see that happen.

I woul trade Richards for a 6th at this point.

His position makes sense, and I'm sure it's the position of other coaches, too. It's basically the corollary to "He cuts veterans early, to give them a better chance to catch on elsewhere". He just shouldn't have commented on it. It's another example of showing how the sausage is made.

It 1/2 makes sense to me. Certainly there are caveats.

If there is a player who is on the bubble or if there is a depth chart mitigation concern, then practice him.

If there is a player who has no chance of making team and the depth chart is irrelevant, then the just should of given him the boot before practicing.

I wonder if Kuhn can play OL, his combine numbers were quite good compared to most Olinemen.

If he can, hes on the right team to figure it out.

I sense with his age hes too late in his career to make that kind of transition.

maybe as end of line blocker?

I woul trade Richards for a 6th at this point.

I wouldn't. A 6th has little value and you invested a 2nd round pick him in. He could very well still improve and grow into coverage more. Though he has not made the 2nd year jump to this point it happens later for some guys than others.

It's past 4PM already right? Where's the list?

I wouldn't. A 6th has little value and you invested a 2nd round pick him in. He could very well still improve and grow into coverage more. Though he has not made the 2nd year jump to this point it happens later for some guys than others.

I don't think Richards will every be good in coverage. I see Tavon Wilson all over him .

Liked him some as a late draft pick for the Pats. Wouldn't mind seeing him here but don't think it's real likely.

Yeah, big back with some skills out of the backfield. Kind of Ridley-lite.

Yet Tavon got signed by Detroit after FA season had barely started.
....and Wilson is doing pretty well there. Might even start Week 1.

....and Wilson is doing pretty well there. Might even start Week 1.
Wilson definitely wasn't a bad player. Wasn't a top safety here but I'm not surprised at all that he's pushing for a starting spot on a somewhat lesser team.

Wilson definitely wasn't a bad player. Wasn't a top safety here but I'm not surprised at all that he's pushing for a starting spot on a somewhat lesser team.

Wilson should not have been drafted in the 2nd round.

Based on what he did here he should have been after the 5th.

He needs to play closer to the LoS and hes fine.

So since Amendola was not put on PUP must mean hs is good to go week 1 i assume.

So since Amendola was not put on PUP must mean hs is good to go week 1 i assume.
I had a similar thought but week 1 still might be optimistic. My thought is so close to week 1 it might be to late for that but week 2 or 3 seems reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes