PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notable NFL Roster Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy Tate is a long time return man for them, does time fly...

R-Rex's intelligence knows no boundaries. Literally.

Of course this could be offensive only to the guys not named Cannon Fodder ...

EDIT: full quote:
Rex Ryan will not inform players who are being cut today as part of 75-man cutdown until after practice. "For no better term, we're gonna use this -- we can practice today -- I guess we'll use guys as cannon fodder, if you will," he said. "But that's not really the case. I mean, it is the case, but it's also, if there is an injury or something like that, then you have your whole roster to choose from. But obviously we have a plan in place for letting guys go."

Last edited:
I think he did a scene with Stormy Daniels and Candy Samples.

:p
A few years ago, I went to my one n only Polo match n there was a booth selling Dark n Stormy: some kind or Rum drink

WR Josh Boyle was cut by the Browns.

I think he had his best game as a Pat against the Browns, so that explains thir interest.

Sadly, I suspect this is the end of the road for Boyle as an NFL* player.

Washington released LB Perry Riley. 28, been a starter for a few years, lots of tackles and 2-3 sacks a year, although those facts don't necessarily mean anything. I certainly don't like our LB depth but based on BB's love for Freeny, he probably thinks we're all set at the position.

R-Rex's intelligence knows no boundaries. Literally.

Of course this could be offensive only to the guys not named Cannon Fodder ...

EDIT: full quote:
Rex Ryan will not inform players who are being cut today as part of 75-man cutdown until after practice. "For no better term, we're gonna use this -- we can practice today -- I guess we'll use guys as cannon fodder, if you will," he said. "But that's not really the case. I mean, it is the case, but it's also, if there is an injury or something like that, then you have your whole roster to choose from. But obviously we have a plan in place for letting guys go."

What a completely stupid thing to say. No human courtesy. He treats people like food. Chews 'em up and craps them out.

So if a guy gets hurt in his purposeless practice that he was going to cut anyway is denied a reasonable opportunity to hook on somewhere else because he is now injured.

I've defended Ryan on this board but F-that. Hes dead to me.

He should leave the country. :p

DT Andrew Billings got put on IR with a torn meniscus. I know some of our draft Nike wanted him when the Pats took Valentine.

Not a lot of running backs so far.

Couple of players who were one-time draft binkies.
Arthur Lynch released. (Arizona)
Stephen Hill released. (Carolina)

Former Patriots Josh Boyce, DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen released.

WR Josh Boyle was cut by the Browns.

I think he had his best game as a Pat against the Browns, so that explains thir interest.

Sadly, I suspect this is the end of the road for Boyle as an NFL* player.

Do you mean Lance D. Boyle?

Not a lot of running backs so far.

Couple of players who were one-time draft binkies.
Arthur Lynch released. (Arizona)
Stephen Hill released. (Carolina)

Former Patriots Josh Boyce, DT Ishmaa'ily Kitchen released.

He should be on the team and not Kuhn.

Just over 2 hours left for teams to get down to 75 players. Patriots still have five players to cut or designate IR/PUP.

What a completely stupid thing to say. No human courtesy. He treats people like food. Chews 'em up and craps them out.

So if a guy gets hurt in his purposeless practice that he was going to cut anyway is denied a reasonable opportunity to hook on somewhere else because he is now injured.

If someone got hurt, wouldn't they have to put him on IR and pay him, or reach an injury settlement?

If someone got hurt, wouldn't they have to put him on IR and pay him, or reach an injury settlement?

Thats another reason why it was dumb to put those kids in practice. Makes zero sense to pay a player an injury settlement when you were going to cut him anyway.

Dumb.

They are all just "Goddamned snacks in Rex's game of life".

His position makes sense, and I'm sure it's the position of other coaches, too. It's basically the corollary to "He cuts veterans early, to give them a better chance to catch on elsewhere". He just shouldn't have commented on it. It's another example of showing how the sausage is made.

No on him. He could fall on cotton and be out for 8 weeks.

I wonder if Kuhn can play OL, his combine numbers were quite good compared to most Olinemen.

He'd need a full offseason to learn how to do that, plus he's 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back