PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not what we are looking for. Horrorfying stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patradomous

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
teams that scored 38 or more in the playoffs are 0-12 ats (1-11 su) against teams that scored 28 or less in their own playoffs game.
That would be 0-12 Against the spread. 1-11 Straight up.:eek::eek:

Just sayin

Why is the magic # 38?

Why is the magic # 38?

I don't know picked the stat up from a gambling site.And the one who posted it is pretty good. Somebody wants to check it out fine by me.
I know New Orleans is out and comes under that stat.

teams that scored 38 or more in the playoffs are 0-12 ats (1-11 su) against teams that scored 28 or less in their own playoffs game.

Just sayin

How far back does that stat go???

Last edited:
I'm not sure I think '90.
Just a guess.
I do know one thing you are never as good or as bad as your last game.This applies for both teams this week.

Even all stat lovers out there realize once the game starts, stats mean nothing. Especially vague ones like the one posted here.

Ok, so low-scoring teams beat high scoring teams? yup, makes sense!:rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet (pun intended) that if I looked I could find similar 'horrifying' stats as to why Baltimore will surely lose.

One site I know of says this week that the Pats will lose and he cites a stat in regards to teams on a winning streak of what is it, nine games now? Guess what: he's been saying the very same thing every week about going against the Pats since the streak hit four games!

In this case, twelve games over 21 years? That's supposed to be a trend? And that doesn't even take into account how very much the game has changed over the past few years.

If I wanted to I could turn around and say that teams that scored 38 or more are overdue for a win under these circumstances, so therefore the Patriots will win.

I saw somewhere where there was an analysis of low scoring teams versus high scoring teams in the playoffs, or more specifically good offense/average defense versus good defense/average offense like this game is. It found pretty much zero correlation or trend that one or the other usually wins. That tells me a lot more than the 38-point trivia.

- The Pats had an ungodly win streak against the Bills.
- Tom Brady had an unbelievable streak of wins at home.
- BB and TFB were once 10-0 in the playoffs.

How many crazy Pats streaks have fallen in the last few years? If anything, uncanny streaks shouldn't really register with this fan base. We've watched several fall. They play the game for a reason.

Five hours and counting...

Get ready to have your odds defied!

5 more hours ... 5 more hours ... 5 more hours ... 5 more hours ... GO PATS!

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 71

Just sayin

Well, in 2004/05 the Patriots scored 41 against the Steelers, then played the Eagles who had scored 27 in both their playoff games and we know how that came out. So perhaps this doesn't apply to the Patriots (straight up at least)?

Last edited:
Nobody wants them to win more than I do.
This forum is loaded with stats of every sort.
I'm just posting one that does not bode well for our Pats if it holds up.
I like to bet for amusment only.I am betting Balt. +7 hoping the Pats win by 6. I was 4-1 last week using certain playoff trends.

By the way here is another trend for you teams in the playoffs who beat SB champs don't cover the next week. SF is my other play.

Just sayin

Are you a numerologist?

fortune-teller.jpg

Last edited:
Even with the understanding that stats can be parsed in an infinite number of ways, this if comic. Over 38 points...under 28 points...seriously? Meaningless isn't even the right word for that, because it has "meaning" in it. Yeesh.

That stat is terrifying. I just have a terrible sinking feeling about this game. I feel like everything's gonna go wrong, we won't be able to move the ball, and Flacco will hit some deep balls and we can't stop Rice. I felt so confident earlier in the week too.

It just feels like it's the soft high powered offensive team vs the tough strong defensive team, and most of the time the tough defensive team wins out. At least, that's how it was earlier in the decade when it was us vs the Colts. I feel like the Ravens are what we used to be, and we've turned into the Colts. I really hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Nobody wants them to win more than I do.
This forum is loaded with stats of every sort.
I'm just posting one that does not bode well for our Pats if it holds up.
I like to bet for amusment only.I am betting Balt. +7 hoping the Pats win by 6. I was 4-1 last week using certain playoff trends.

By the way here is another trend for you teams in the playoffs who beat SB champs don't cover the next week. SF is my other play.

The point is there is no such thing as a stat that dictates the outcome of a game. We play the games for a reason, no one knows how they will turn out.

I don't know much about the stat you posted. But I do know the 2011 Patriots. They play hard and clutch. They are winners.

If I were you I'd get mentally prepared for a possible victory in either direction, because anything can happen, but hope for the best! Don't worry so much about stats. They are just numbers and no one could possibly reduce this team of warriors to numeric equations except maybe this guy:
Frink.gif

4 1/2 hours .... 4 1/2 hours ... 4 1/2 hours ... GO PATS!

Well here is another stat thats not so abstract.

Ravens are 12-0 straight up when they score 17 or more points.This year.

I posted earlier this week that for Pats to win they've got keep balt under 24 points.

I'm hoping the Pats D can pull off what the Indy D did in 2006.

Ravens barely beat Houston last week after winning the TO battle 4 or 5 to nothing.
This is not going to be an easy game buckle in.

Last edited:

Just sayin
When I read that stat it sounded a bit far fetched, aside from the fact that it is worded in a very vague manner. Sure enough I did some checking and the record they give for SU doesn't hold true. Since 1990, by my calculations, teams that fit that criteria are 8-10. Now I may be off by a game or two since I simply did a quick check, but I'm sure as heck not off by 10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back