PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not to nitpick, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
jczxohn1 said:
Thought we handled their pass rush pretty well, but I was surprised at how well they covered, esp. in the first half. BB compared them favorably to the 2003 Tennessee team. Just an awesome game, with many role players stepping up. Also, the Pats secondary played well,except for 10 yd outs although no one really broke away on those completions.

We faced a very good defense tonight. In fact no one else left in the playoffs has one as good, except us of course.

Box_O_Rocks said:
NEM is correct. :eek:

Not only that, he didn't say but....

:scared:

Box, tell me that's not one of the signs of the apocolypse.

:D

MoLewisrocks said:
Not only that, he didn't say but....

:scared:

Box, tell me that's not one of the signs of the apocolypse.

:D
Not now Mo, I'm drinking heavily just in case! :beersign:

AndyJohnson said:
We faced a very good defense tonight. In fact no one else left in the playoffs has one as good, except us of course.

Good lordy! I think that's right.

KDPpatsfan said:
My take on Denver is that if you stop the running game Jake Plummer CAN NOT beat you. Stopping the run is easier said than done w/ them though.
The way our run defense is right now, I think we can stop it especially if Tedy plays. Plummer - you're up.

Regarding the thread, this was a game for lots of passing before the game started - we'll run more against different defenses.

What is really encouraging that even though Bruschi did not play our defense played well. There seemed to be thoughts that when Bruschi returned that our D turned around, as much as I admire him they were able to do ok without him and they played a good game. This seemed to be one of the best games for our DB's.

jczxohn1 said:
Also, the Pats secondary played well,except for 10 yd outs although no one really broke away on those completions.

A smart defense protecting against easy points off long completions HAS to give up those 10 yard out patterns. The only way to really defend those comeback sideline patterns is to jump the route. Then, you leave yourself really vulnerable to the receiver turning it upfield with nothing to stop him but the goalline.

It's an intentional tradeoff that Belichick will make every time. Better to make them complete six of those 10 yarders to score than one 60 yard pass completion over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back