PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not to nitpick, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In order to make history, we will need to have a more balanced offense and be able to run the football. The OL did not look good tonight, particularly in run blocking, and there was no holes for Dillon. Against a top team like Indy, they will be able to tailor themselves to the pass if that's all we can do.

drew4008 said:
In order to make history, we will need to have a more balanced offense and be able to run the football. The OL did not look good tonight, particularly in run blocking, and there was no holes for Dillon. Against a top team like Indy, they will be able to tailor themselves to the pass if that's all we can do.

Didnt we run for over 100 yards and over 4 a carry?
Do you really think you can compare running against this D and the Indy undersized, what is a run?, defense?

AndyJohnson said:
Do you really think you can compare running against this D and the Indy undersized, what is a run?, defense?
Dillon was 17-40

Your right, the O-Line did not play a very good game tonight. The next game is againest teams that can pressure the Tom. We also need more run blocking. Then again Corey needs to play better. We got a week to get thing right and we better.

drew4008 said:
Dillon was 17-40

AndyJohnson said:
I heard ya the first time! lol. But good point. Here's to a good win!

it was not the o-line at all. dillon wasn't 100%, and this defensive line is excellent at stopping a power running game. faulk did a great job tonight as his speed is what was needed on that d-line. the issue was dillon's health and style, not our o-line.

Last edited:
drew4008 said:
.... The OL did not look good tonight, particularly in run blocking, and there was no holes for Dillon. Against a top team like Indy, they will be able to tailor themselves to the pass if that's all we can do.

This Jax D-line much tougher against the run than Indy. I'll agree that our O-line did not ALWAYS open the holes ... but they did open plenty. Cf., Kevin.

Manning and Dungy cannot be happy lads tonight.

Pats are rolling.

flutie2phelan said:
This Jax D-line much tougher against the run than Indy. I'll agree that our O-line did not ALWAYS open the holes ... but they did open plenty. Cf., Kevin.

Pats are rolling.
Shanahan isn't smiling either.

flutie2phelan said:

Pats are rolling.

Neither team could run the ball. First credit the defenses. Faulk did seem to find some gaps and he's also used in passing situations making it easier to find holes, (on one play he had a hole 5 yards wide).

I thought Dillon fought for yards and showed the ability to push off with power.

If he's healthy, (He seemed to be *crosses fingers*) he'll get his yards when they count.

This could be the toughest defense we'll face, no joke.

Last edited:
I'm predicting we'll face Denver next, and I'm more worried about Denver than Indy at this point.

But there were a lot of positives in tonight's game. Slow start offensively, but the passing was reasonably good. As has been pointed out, the Jags D-line had am insane hieght advantage over the Pats O-line, and it showed sometimes. But for the most part they held up pretty well.

drew4008 said:

Not to sound like a b*tch but what is it with all you nit picking drew people. You need to learn to enjoy it for just a night. Besides, the problem in the first half was execution - aka the dropsies. Guys seemed to step it up in the second half though. Many more positives than negatives when all was said and done. And that Defense was huge. And we won.

Dillon is playing more like a FB in that's he's slow getting up to speed. The Pat's should try giving him a longer head start so he's already running when he gets the ball.

MoLewisrocks said:
Not to sound like a b*tch but what is it with all you nit picking drew people. You need to learn to enjoy it for just a night. Besides, the problem in the first half was execution - aka the dropsies. Guys seemed to step it up in the second half though. Many more positives than negatives when all was said and done. And that Defense was huge. And we won.

28-3 and a 'win' in every phase of the game.

MoLewisrocks said:
sic'em Mo, get some beer in that grumpy f@rt.

Their secondary was sitting on our routes. Give them credit for preparation.

Pats_Bryan said:
I'm predicting we'll face Denver next, and I'm more worried about Denver than Indy at this point.

But there were a lot of positives in tonight's game. Slow start offensively, but the passing was reasonably good. As has been pointed out, the Jags D-line had am insane hieght advantage over the Pats O-line, and it showed sometimes. But for the most part they held up pretty well.
My take on Denver is that if you stop the running game Jake Plummer CAN NOT beat you. Stopping the run is easier said than done w/ them though.

Yay for a good game and a great win.

I would have posted more in the game thread, but tonight I was watching with family, and the first half was kind of iffy anyway.

What got me through (it honestly did not concern me as much as the first half of last year's Superbowl because Philly scored first there) was thinking how how the score of last year's divisional playoff game against Indy was 6-3 at the half. Then things just opened up in the second half, as they did here too.

There's alot of stuff to work on, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't freaking out as badly as I thought I would be. The Deion miss on a sure TD really was the low point for me.

It seemed like Brady threw high alot tonight. I wondered if the preparation with the raquetball rackets caused him to overthink and throw too high? I don't know, he did get a few balls tipped too.

And GO WILLIE!:cool:

Thought we handled their pass rush pretty well, but I was surprised at how well they covered, esp. in the first half. BB compared them favorably to the 2003 Tennessee team. Just an awesome game, with many role players stepping up. Also, the Pats secondary played well,except for 10 yd outs although no one really broke away on those completions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back