Welcome to PatsFans.com

Not That Anyone's Gonna Agree With Me or Anything....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

2. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't much like it either, but none of the stuff in the article rises to the level of torture as I see it. Clearly it was psychological abuse, I guess the question is how comfortable are we using psychological tactics on prisoners. It is easy now for me to look back and say it was wrong, I feel like it would have been much harder to come to that conclusion in 2002 when the government was operating in ignorance of what was being plotted against us (unlike now when a terrorist could NEVER get on a plane and try to blow it up...).

Bottom line is that reading this stuff gives me bad feelings too.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

None of that sounds all that bad to me. It's better than the obamans giving them all the rights that U.S. citizens get for criminal cases.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Really? So I take it that if you had a son or daughter in the military and they were captured by the enemy you would have no objection to them being sleep deprived for up to 20 hours at a time, hooded, made to face east and pray to Allah, threatened with snarling dogs, made to lie naked in an enclosed space while bugs/snakes crawled over them, humiliated, stripped naked and ridiculed by members of the opposite sex, kept in dark rooms and made to wear dog collars and bark like animals and perform animal tricks for their captors?

Don't forget - most of the people subjected to these techniques have never been charged with a crime - and some of them have been freed and sent back home. What wonderful memories of Americans do you think they take back home with them? What great stories they must have to tell.

And then we're surprised when they hate us????

If anyone in my own country or any other country ever dared to do any of the above things to my child or my husband or my father/mother/sister/brother/aunt/uncle/best friend/casual neighbor down the block, I'd never stop looking for revenge.

Would you?
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

I stopped reading after this "They made him bark like a dog and do dog tricks" holy Mary mother of Jesus.

9/11 does anybody remember the people floating down from the Twin Towers flapping their arms trying to fly like the pigeons do and when that didn't work they splattered all over the sidewalks of new york like watermelons, does anybody remember the little English do-gooder women over in the middle east squealing like a little rabbit and calling for her family and then one of these ANIMALS stepped up behind her and blew her f-cking brains out on live Al Jeera Muslim TV, does anybody remember these animals carving of gurgling human heads on live Al Jeera Muslim TV.

THE DIRTY AMERICAN BUSH BASTARDS MADE THEM BARK LIKE A DOG, OH JESUS DEAR LORD GOD ALMIGHTY FATHER IN HEAVEN, DEAR MARY AND JOSEPH PLEASE FORGIVE US, OH MY GOD, I CAN'T GO ON, DOG TRICKS OH JESUS.

DOG TRICKS:
    GET THE BALL ALI, GOOD BOY, WANNA GO FOR A RIDE.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Oh my God, made to bark like animals. The horror. Far better to release them and send them back to, oh, I don't know, Yemen. They couldn't do any harm there could they ?
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Suggested reading "Zeitoun",by Dave Eggers which chronicles a muslim in NOLA who stayed behind to take care of his property, then FEMA stepped in... how we treated him and native born Americans was very sick...

The reality as a leader of the world, that to whom is given, much is expected... we have the greatest laws and support systems in the world, and it should be used situationally.
  8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

They did that stuff way before we did our so called "torture". And they will continue to do so even after we have supposedly stopped.

People like you are just excusing their behavior.

Wake me when we start beheading people.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

They did release them, BC. But why? Because there was nothing to charge them with? Because there was no evidence to convict them with?

That might lead one to believe they were innocent.

And yes, they not only could do harm but did do harm. The thing is, we'll never know if our treatment of them had anything to do with sealing their hatred in cement for all times.

Do you ever wonder if they had been treated humanely they might not have hated us quite so much?

Maybe not, I don't know. No one will ever know know for sure although I'm positive someone here will try to tell me they understand the "Muslim mind" and that they know exactly why and for what reasons things happen.

I sure wish we had taken the high road like we used to, though. The one that says we're better than that. That we helped make the "rules" and that we enforce the rules and we obey the rules.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

As opposed to getting their head cutoff as happened to D PEarl and others of being tortured, murdered and mutilated and burned as happened to the contraction.

Yeah I sing on in a second if any family or friends were captured by our enemies.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

I think it's phenomenal that the latest plane bomber is at a minimum security prison in Michigan. That'll make them love us over in the Middle East.
  12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Ok, so what about the terrorists who slowly chopped off the heads of Americans (and other nations citizens) and video taped it? What about the men who were burned, chained & dragged and finally hung from a bridge? What crimes did they commit? How & what were they found guilty of?

Mrs P...THAT is what THEY do to their captives. If I had a son captured by the Taliban, I'd pray they'd treat him like we treat theirs and not chop off his head on video.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

I am glad that when I drive around and see tattered flags flying out of car windows, because this country, it's tradtions and laws are being tattered and torn for the sake of retribution.. an eye for eye makes everyone blind..

This country is founded on a system of justice, not a system of paybacks.... we have to be better than them.
  14. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Wow. Imagine if Newsweek actually did some investigative reporting of the powers that have been in charge for a year now.
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

16. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's better to shoot these nutcases. They want to be with their 999 virgin ladies.

If we keep them here longer, we only make them more angry. Why don't we send them to where they want to go?
  17. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I agree with you "wife of PFiV"................ TOTALLY DISGUSTING. I would have preferred that the CIA officers forced their mouths open and then taken a big dump into their mouths instead of d!cking around with these silly measures.

Actually, strike that............ I don't really mean that. At this point, I would have preferred that when we captured them in Afghanistan or Pakistan, or whereever, as they were plotting to kill Americans, that we had just put them on the floor and shot them dead.

Instead, now, we're gonna give them a box of crayola fuggin crayons and send them back to Yemen, or whatever crap hole they came from so that they can get recycled to kill more americans.

So yeah Ms., don't be so cynical, there are lots of people that are just as outraged at this story as you are. :rolleyes:
  18. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

We need to stop being hypocrites. We treat foreigners nice and everything but we treat our own crappy.

I would rather see my money go to homeless people here than feed these fckers.

You are not going to change their beliefs even if you treat them better. Why do you want to waste your times on these fckers?
  19. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't find it disgusting and I actually I could care less what they do to them. War is hell.... Maybe they should pull themselves and their cohorts out of the shadows. Then they should expect or be granted any sort of rights or compasion......
  20. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Ironic that up to the end of the part I quoted, many of us on the Right feel exactly the same way - just for the crap that the obamans are doing (to the country in general not on this issue in particular).