PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not sure why everyone's crying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The best team in history would NOT have played the way the Pats played last night.

Therefore, as a Pats fan, I am not that concerned about the Pats failing to go 19-0. Why? Because they didn't deserve it.

The coaching staff didn't deserve it, the offense sure as hell didn't deserve it, and neither did the defense.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Pats who deserved 19-0 were Wes Welker and Kevin Faulk.

Cheer up, there is only room for improvement in this team. Brady and Moss should improve next year having played more together. You can bet sure as hell that Pioli and co will make sure this doesn't happen again.

And for those of you saying that the Pats will never go 19-0, I think that's incredibly pessimsitic. We've got the best quarterback and coach in history. Even the best screw up now and then. The measure of a true champion is to come back and correct their mistakes.

Super bowl next year, and I wouldn't rule out 19-0.

This loss would only have been truly disappointing if they had DESERVED to win and had it taken away by the refs, or a single bad play. That did not happen. The Pats lost this one in a spectacularly loser fashion. They did not deserve to win. They did not deserve the super bowl. They did not deserve 19-0. They did not deserve a perfect season.

Snarf, couldn't agree with you more, my sentiments exactly.

Mo Jo D... GFY

spin, spin, spin. This is a devastating lost. This is the second year in a row you guys choked away the season.

I'm inclined to agree with Snarf. I'm not sure how being a gracious loser is considered "spin" - the normal smack we see from fans of other teams is to find excuse after excuse as to why their team is better and was robbed of a win.

I can nitpick on certain calls and other events during the game - but I, like Snarf, can accept the fact that the Patriots - while they could have won - did not. When the clock struck 0:00 the Giants had the lead. There's not much else to say.

It's one thing to see a team you root for that dominated all aspects of a game and clearly showed themselves to be the better of the two teams LOSE a game. That's devastating and it hurts.

I truly have less of a problem accepting the Giants as Super Bowl Champions. As incredible as it sounds, I think they DID want it more than us and they played well enough to win by 3 points.

They deserve credit and I'm willing to give it to them. That's not spin, but I'm sure it is shocking to the rest of the football world, as all 18 teams we beat this year had endless excuses as to why they should have won.

I find that attitude indicative of poor sportsmanship and I for one won't be party to it.

spin, spin, spin. This is a devastating lost. This is the second year in a row you guys choked away the season.

You're not from around Boston, so you don't know what a "choke" is. Bill Buckner? Choke. Grady Little? Choke. The '04 Yankees? Choke.

An undermanned Pats WR Corps and depleted secondary wilting in the second half of the AFC Championship Game in Indy was NOT a choke job, IMO. They were clearly the inferior team and it eventually showed.

Last night however, I would have to say WAS a choke of epic proportions.

You are an utter jacckasss, sir. We kicked your arse this year, didn't we? By the way, have the jaguars even been to the Super Bowl?

Say whatever you want b/c no amount of your insults can account for the empty feeling of patriots fan right now. there is a reason the whole country rooted against your team and hates your half bandwagon fan base

...and I have no doubt that had the Giants lost we'd have seen an entire fandom of crybabies coming up with excuses as to why the better team didn't win.

It's very interesting that guys like mo jo d have no clue how to handle fans who can be gracious in defeat. They can't even be gracious in victory.

I suppose in that sense, even though the Giants won, guys like him are still and always will be losers.

I'm not crying. Heck, I am very happy today and enjoyed watching the Patriots lose.
I remember a Pats fan that posted on our BB that he would be LAUGHING...LAUGHING...LAUGHING... as the Pats beat the Colts (which they did).
But last night I sat on my couch LAUGHING...LAUGHING...LAUGHING as the Patriots walked off the field as SB LOOSERS!
I love ut.

Good post but I'm still ******* depressed as hell that we lost.

The best team in history would NOT have played the way the Pats played last night.

Therefore, as a Pats fan, I am not that concerned about the Pats failing to go 19-0. Why? Because they didn't deserve it.

The coaching staff didn't deserve it, the offense sure as hell didn't deserve it, and neither did the defense.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Pats who deserved 19-0 were Wes Welker and Kevin Faulk.

Cheer up, there is only room for improvement in this team. Brady and Moss should improve next year having played more together. You can bet sure as hell that Pioli and co will make sure this doesn't happen again.

And for those of you saying that the Pats will never go 19-0, I think that's incredibly pessimsitic. We've got the best quarterback and coach in history. Even the best screw up now and then. The measure of a true champion is to come back and correct their mistakes.

Super bowl next year, and I wouldn't rule out 19-0.

This loss would only have been truly disappointing if they had DESERVED to win and had it taken away by the refs, or a single bad play. That did not happen. The Pats lost this one in a spectacularly loser fashion. They did not deserve to win. They did not deserve the super bowl. They did not deserve 19-0. They did not deserve a perfect season.

No thanks, I hope we lose the first game and then go from there. That 19 and oh BS killed us in the end. I am convinced had we lost that game to the Ravens, things would of went differently. The burden was too much to bare. I think it would be for anyone. Nowadays anyway.

I'm not crying. Heck, I am very happy today and enjoyed watching the Patriots lose.
I remember a Pats fan that posted on our BB that he would be LAUGHING...LAUGHING...LAUGHING... as the Pats beat the Colts (which they did).
But last night I sat on my couch LAUGHING...LAUGHING...LAUGHING as the Patriots walked off the field as SB LOOSERS!
I love ut.

I guess I've learned to not laugh too much when someone loses. I maybe laugh when my team wins, but not so much when someone loses. If you're a true sports fan and love your team, you know both the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. The trend also seems to be that, the more you win, the more it hurts when you lose.

I love ut.

I assume the 12 in your name refers to your age. The Pats walked off as "loosers" huh? Moron.

No thanks, I hope we lose the first game and then go from there. That 19 and oh BS killed us in the end. I am convinced had we lost that game to the Ravens, things would of went differently. The burden was too much to bare. I think it would be for anyone. Nowadays anyway.

Agreed. I'm almost hoping for 13-3 next year. None of this undefeated crap.

I want 18-1 again. This time with the 1 being a meaningless regular season game to the Seahawks or Cardinals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes