Welcome to PatsFans.com

Not So Wicked Pissah Training Camp Tues Aug 5th

Discussion in 'Patriots 2008 Training Camp Reports and Photos' started by PatsWickedPissah, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +639 / 24 / -5

#12 Jersey

I know. I've read their posts. That's why I found your comment so funny.
    When it comes to football, I don't care what the guy looks like. I care about whether or not he can make plays...and I'm a woman. Go figure.
    Ah well it must be old age. At age 36, "a pretty face" no longer impresses me. :p

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,267 / 46 / -16

I have hopes the guy will turn it around and become a productive member of this team, but I really don't care about what his physique looks like (other than it is better than being out of shape). If physique was everything Mike Ruth and Vincent Brown would have been the best players to ever play for the Pats.

3. Tbird100636

Tbird100636 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wasn't crappy to me, that's why it's called practice, wether it's full contact or not.
    Amen Brother!!! Maybe I'm biased because it's my first practice but for the short time I was there (close to an hour) it was definetely a great break for me. I work in the auto service industry and today I had a training in Mansfield that thankfully got out at 2 instead of 4. I have no days off during the week and this was my only chance to get down there (we're not too busy lately where I work, so no loss for me being out).
    When did this happen??? I left around 1/4 past 3 and didn't here anything before that. Was only a 20 minute drive for me from Mansfield... well, to each his own...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  4. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,780 / 9 / -2

#50 Jersey

Uh-oh, OhExaulted, you've set off a pet peeve. :) The "redshirt" IR phenomenon simply doesn't exist. (If it did, why would BB be trying to pull backroom deals to sneak guys like Garret Mills onto the practice squad?) A forced year-long vacation from practice just leaves you with a 2nd-year guy who hasn't had a chance to maintain his skills, let alone improve them. And when it comes to Slater, it makes even less sense to me. The whole idea of a "redshirt" is that the guy shows promise but won't be needed on the roster until next year. Don't we need a KR right now?

IMO the very fact that the Pats traded up to grab an elite KR prospect makes it clear that they're prepared to devote a roster spot to a good returner. Slater has looked really, really good. Ergo, I would be flat-out baffled if they cut him.

5. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Thanks, Pissah. I'm sorry that you didn't see as much action as you'd have liked, but at least your report has made me very happy.

And, of course, Mr Rocks too ...

6. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

It's a treat to see my NFLE lads Spann and Ventrone doing so well in this camp.

7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,075 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

TE Stupor went out of position early on in the 7 on 7 drills. Those of us on the 20 yd line could hear the coach clearly. Kicked him outa the lineup. Hilarious...unless you're Mrs Stupor

8. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,075 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

He's gonna make it as a 1) KR 2) versitile backup at SS and even WR, allowing flexibility on the reduced gameday lineup

9. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,075 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Yah, you sit right behind the EZ and had the vantage point. I was on the 25 on the opposite side of the field from the play with a low angle of view. All I could see was the ball hit Gaffney's hands and go incomplete. The tip was shielded by the oblique view thry the players. Clearly, Gaffney is WR #3 unless he runs over Belichick's dog in the parking lot or somesuch.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  10. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +457 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

I was on the hill not far from Mrs B. I was going to go over and say hello but she came in late. She should have taken a lap for that.

Then I was going to go over during the stretching. But I had a image of the Tom Curran smack go though my head and became very afraid.

11. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,075 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Bummer. Every time at camp beforehand I walk over there to find Mrs B, whom I know, and I've always missed her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.