Welcome to PatsFans.com

Not political .... but who cares? Italy's got talent

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

Amazing stuff bud. One of the best things about going to Italy every summer, is the local festa's each little town, or dinky city has, for their patron saint. When they do these festivals, they always have live music like these kids singing. They have competitions, or bus in musicians from all over the country, as they put on a show in the town piazza. It's really an amazing experience. My dad's town, which has maybe 1,000 inhabitants tops (if I count the cattle and stray dogs too), will attract 2 to 3,000 for it's feast, and fire works show. Every town has a patron saint, and festival. Oh, and the food is absolutely waste expanding. A lot of people go to Italy, and see all the major sites, in the major cities, but something to consider if any of you go, is to spend a night or two in a small town, during it's saint's festival. You won't be disapointed.

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

That was great. If I didn't watch, I would have thought those guys were a lot of older!

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I didn't notice until my second viewing that these "guys" are all of 14, 15, and 14 years old. (!!) Big voices for such young guys.

Bravo.

I hope to get down to Italia one of these days. Had a chance to go during my Army tour .... but .... chose another path. Ah, well. We had a "Little Italy" back in Needham when I was growing up, with a local market that must have been the perfect hybrid of American facilities stocked with pure Italian product. My dad used to buy the bread on Sunday mornings after church and bring it home to the entire neighborhood. Unbelievably good stuff.

//

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

RW, Iv'e never been to Italy but I have been to many of those festivals in the "Old North End" many years ago, I went with a girl who lived on Fleet St, many years later I was with my wife in a restaurant over there and I ran into her she was with her husband, we became friends again and went out quite often with our spouses, they are both gone now but I get a card every Xmas from their son, your Festival talk brought it all back, the No End was a great old neighborhood back then, they all took care of each other and none of them were ashamed to hang their bloomers out on the old clothes lines...