PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not Pats but NFL: Arrests made in Taylor killing [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: Arrests Made in Sean Taylor Shooting (per ESPN)

MIAMI -- Four young men charged with unpremeditated murder in the shooting death of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor have not been strangers to police. Still, nothing came close to what they faced Saturday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3136414

Their lawyer is already starting the spin machine:

"They're terrified," said Sawyer Smith, who along with his father, Wilbur, represent Rivera and Mitchell. "These are young boys who are absolutely terrified about the position in which they find themselves."

I'm sorry. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy. "OMG I KILLED SOMEBODY NOW IM SCARED THAT I MIGHT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE"

Re: OT: Arrests Made in Sean Taylor Shooting (per ESPN)

Apparently they thought they were robbing an empty house, Taylor most likley saved his girlfriend's and child's lives with his action.

I can only hope that everyone here, and in the media who was so quick to say that it was his "thug life" that caused this tragedy, comes out an acknowledges his actions and apologies to his greiving family.

Everyone of them deserves the death penalty!

"My client has not, I don't think, come to terms with what is being alleged," Evans said. "He's in a position, dressed in the orange jumpsuit over there in the county jail, thinking about his life and thinking about his future. You can only imagine the things going through his mind now."

Yup, thinking about what it's gonna be like as young meat sharing a cell with Bubba. Sad that we have to sieze taxpayer dollars to pay for these wastes of carbon footprints in jail. Stop their CO2 emissions now!

Last edited:

I agree. Taylor's act seems valiant. Those kids deserve severe punishment. I don't care how "scared" they are now about the idea that they shot somebody.

Apparently they thought they were robbing an empty house, Taylor most likley saved his girlfriend's and child's lives with his action.

He didn't save anyone. The only reason his wife and child are alive is because the intruders did not keep firing. I won't condem him, but I won't make him a hero either.

Apparently they thought they were robbing an empty house, ........................

Everyone of them deserves the death penalty!

The term felony murder is used when a death occurs in the course of an inherently violent felony, in this case burglary even if they didn't go there intending to cause his death. They will be charged with murder and under Florida law punishment for felony murder is either life without parole or the death penalty.
I'm not a Florida lawyer but I think the only issue is whether the prosecutor seeks the death penalty, if initial reports are true that they have several confessions.....

He didn't save anyone. The only reason his wife and child are alive is because the intruders did not keep firing. I won't condem him, but I won't make him a hero either.

How the hell do you know that? It sure seems reasonable to me that, scared they found someone in the house, they would have shot them all (or at least both adults) to save from being recognized & give themselves time to get away - but Sean fought back. He did what he could to protect his family. That does make him a hero.

How the hell do you know that? It sure seems reasonable to me that, scared they found someone in the house, they would have shot them all (or at least both adults) to save from being recognized & give themselves time to get away - but Sean fought back. He did what he could to protect his family. That does make him a hero.

He didn't fight back! He was gunned down. The kids weren't killers, they were looking for cash, were surprised by Taylor and shot him. Then...they ran! Not because Taylor chased them off, but because they were scared crap-less about what they just did.

Like I said, I won't condem him, but he's no hero.

Here's local video (Fort Myers, where the arrests were made) it shows Taylor's house as a sprawled out looking ranch style home and may provide a little better info than ESPN.

http://www.nbc-2.com/index.shtml

Note: the link provides the video of the "Top Story" in the area so that will more than likey change shortly.

Also I'm certainly not a Florida lawyer but here's the Florida Department of Corrections Death Row Fact Sheet for anyone who thinks they will be sentenced to the death penalty (it sounds unlikely).

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/index.html#Routine

Note: Death Row Virtual Tours are available!!!

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/vtour/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back