PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not our year

told you

half the lineup is dead weight now. Pedrioa, Ellsbury, Ortiz, Tek, Crisp, Lowrie, Cash can't hit. I can't believe this is the same team that won last year.

stick to the football board and quit making an ass out of yourself with dumb comments

I love when pinkhats start threads.

Did you watch the Red Sox last season? Because they were a .500 baseball team for about 3 months in the middle of 2007. There is no reason to think this team, just like they did last year, won't manage to rebound in August and September and play well in the postseason. Find me a baseball team that has never had slumps, and has never lost important games to division rivals.

And Pedroia failed to get a hit for the first time in 9 games. He still reached base (as he did in the first game), but just because he didn't get a hit he's dead weight?

one victory over the yankees is not going to resolve the manny issue. has this ever happened to the team before? manny has always been manny but i don't recall him challenging the ownership and management before. in the end, distractions will catch up to you like it did with NE.

they teed off against ponson last night but ponson is like a 7th starter.

That post was written before they won yesterday, so it wasn't in reaction to the victory.

And with every post you make it seems more likely that you have never followed the Red Sox before. Manny threatened not to show up to Spring Training last year because he was pissed off that the FO didn't trade him. He complained about not being traded in 2003, so the Red Sox put him on waivers showing him that no team would take him for free, so they certainly wouldn't trade for him. He sat out several games in 2005 because he wanted to be traded at the deadline, and then demanded that they trade him in the off-season. And he has also missed games with apparently questionable injuries in the past, such as almost the entire month of September last year. This is not new. The relationship between Manny and the FO has always been tenuous.

one victory over the yankees is not going to resolve the manny issue. has this ever happened to the team before? manny has always been manny but i don't recall him challenging the ownership and management before. in the end, distractions will catch up to you like it did with NE.

they teed off against ponson last night but ponson is like a 7th starter.
with all do respect your a complete idiot :rolleyes:. i smell yankee fan. i wont even dignify your post with a legit response.

with all do respect your a complete idiot :rolleyes:. i smell yankee fan. i wont even dignify your post with a legit response.

way to get personal.

if you want to critique me, fine. if not, keep your mouth shut.

That post was written before they won yesterday, so it wasn't in reaction to the victory.

And with every post you make it seems more likely that you have never followed the Red Sox before. Manny threatened not to show up to Spring Training last year because he was pissed off that the FO didn't trade him. He complained about not being traded in 2003, so the Red Sox put him on waivers showing him that no team would take him for free, so they certainly wouldn't trade for him. He sat out several games in 2005 because he wanted to be traded at the deadline, and then demanded that they trade him in the off-season. And he has also missed games with apparently questionable injuries in the past, such as almost the entire month of September last year. This is not new. The relationship between Manny and the FO has always been tenuous.

i am a new red sox fan. my favorite sport by far is football though.

has manny ever shoved another organization member before, gotten into a fight with another teammate and had to be separated and pretend to have a knee injury (which MRI results said negative)? It seem like there is a circus right now involving the team's best player. I've never seen an organization win a championship with this kind of stuff going on. But these are the red sox so I could be wrong (and I hope i am).

Last edited:
stick to the football board and quit making an ass out of yourself with dumb comments

i'll say the same thing to you as i did with patriots pride. make a fair critique of what i said if you don't like it or shut up. i'm not going to take personal attacks lightly, especially since you don't know me.

Last edited:
has manny ever shoved another organization member before, gotten into a fight with another teammate and had to be separated and pretend to have a knee injury (which MRI results said negative)? It seem like there is a circus right now involving the team's best player. I've never seen an organization win a championship with this kind of stuff going on. But these are the red sox so I could be wrong (and I hope i am).
Manny has had injuries that were considered non-existent before, which is why it became an issue again now. As far as the Youkilis thing, stuff like that happens all the time, it just happens in the clubhouse where cameras can't catch it. Every current and former player who had an opinion on it said that it was a non-issue and stuff like that is common among teammates. Shoving the secretary was new, but that seems more like an isolated incident than anything else.

Manny has always had his quirks and it hasn't hurt the team before.

Manny has had injuries that were considered non-existent before, which is why it became an issue again now. As far as the Youkilis thing, stuff like that happens all the time, it just happens in the clubhouse where cameras can't catch it. Every current and former player who had an opinion on it said that it was a non-issue and stuff like that is common among teammates. Shoving the secretary was new, but that seems more like an isolated incident than anything else.

Manny has always had his quirks and it hasn't hurt the team before.

i'll take your word for it then. :) like i said, i'm new to red sox nation. hopefully we will win this year so as to have 2 titles in boston for 2008!

way to get personal.

if you want to critique me, fine. if not, keep your mouth shut.
lol kiss my ass. ill keep my mouth open bone head. there is nothing to critique. your posts on the sox are nothing but verbal diarrhea.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back