Welcome to PatsFans.com

"Not in my backyard" says Kennedy hypocrite

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Mar 31, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boy the environmentalists must be all excited that their little Cape Wind Project (an undertaking I support, BTW) has advanced to the federal level..!!

Unfortunately for them the "liberal lion of the Senate" wants to maintain his pristine waters so it doesn't have much chance of actually passing. You won't even be able to see the turbines from the coast, but that doesn't matter to the hypocritical Kennedy. He wants to maintain the waters where he does his yachting.

What a man of the people... :rolleyes: How come liberals are always telling other people to sacrifice and remain so unwilling to do so themselves...?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...7/03/31/cape_wind_moves_on_to_federal_review/
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

For the same reason that conservatives are always telling other people to send their kids off to war, but are unwilling to go to war themselves. :rolleyes:
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There's a surprise... a liberal takes a post that has nothing to do with war, and mentions the war anyway :rolleyes:

Nope never seen that before 'round these parts..!! :rolleyes:

Boy you better be glad I ain't Seymour93 or I would spend the rest of the day harassing you about how you are comparing windmills to sending people off to die.

EDIT: Who was it that said everything comes back to the war for these people..? Real World, was that you..? Whoever made that remark nailed it 100% spot on.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Why would anyone tell parents to send their kids off to war? The parents can't make kids go to war. The government can't. Adults join the service by their own free will. No one makes them. So the ones willing to go are the ones that make the decision to go. Most of them voted republican by the way.
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

In both cases, PatsSB42, I gave a facetious response to a facetious comment by QuiGon. I think most people will be able to figure that out.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +503 / 6 / -2

That was me, yes. It seems a thread in this forum, even if it were about apple pie, would somehow end up being about George Bush and/or IRaq. I guess 30% approval ratings will do that.

At any rate, are you at all surprised that Kennedy doesn't want the wind farm near his estate? This is in line with Al Gore's energy use, John Edwards' mansion complex, and Newt Gingrich's family values adultery. The losers are all fraud hypocrites.
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Maybe ,but it sounds an awful lot like basic talking points spewed by some the left. Iv'e heard that from Michael Moore for example
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Musings on this topic:

Does bein' against it make Mitt Romney an honorary Kennedy?

As a sometimes-navigator in those very waters I'm all for giant, impossible to confuse landmarks. The shoreline around here all looks the same. You have a narrow, rock strewn beach and a bunch of trees and that's about it. Add a few beers, well maybe more than just a few;) and it can be pretty difficult to find your way.

How can they say that the project will have a limited impact on birds? If some bird runs into one of them windmills believe me, the impact sure as hell won't be limited.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Or George's distinguished Military Absence from the National Guard. The matter is less about Party Politics and more about Politicians in General; pander, lie, fabricate, tell us what we all want to hear... no one does anything different as it may effect their "blind" trusts or piss off a big donor and we do not do anything about it.
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was a good example of politics making strange bedfellows.

Um, do you see birds flying top speed into large, stationary (or slowly moving) objects with any sort of regularity..? It would sure be a horrible loss if a few seagulls got killed along the way... Wait, I know... Why don't we all just stop driving cars and flying airplanes since we don't want to kill any pigeons, squirrels or skunks. :rolleyes:
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's such a bullsh-t response, Patters.
    You know the only reason these fat-cat oceanfront property owners are opposed to the project is that they and their friends will have to look at the turbines from their yaghts and it might have a negative effect on their SIZEABLE properties. They are the ultimate hypocrits. Nearby, in Breighton Point power station in Somerset, MA, a coal/oil hybrid plant spews soot, sulfur and heavy metals into the air when it needn't.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +653 / 2 / -9

The bellowing blowhard Uncle Teddy doesn't want those Windmills anywhere near the Kennedy Compound because he is afraid he will get drunk and ram his yacht into one of them :singing:

The fat drunken sot has driven his car up and down the sidewalks of Hyannis, he drove off a Bridge and Killed one of his little sex toys, his back is all screwed up from some of his other drunken escapades the last thing the old wino wants to do now is Ram his Boat into a Windmill.

If Uncle was drunk and out sailing, naked, with two of his silly democrat groupies and they rammed a windmill this is how the Boston Globe & NY Times would report it.

Just In:
    Ted Kenndey was the victim today of a Windmill Attack, it seems Teddy and his two female guest were out sailing yesterday and as they sailed past one of the New Windmills the windmill broke loose from its mooring and aimed itself directly at the Senators Yacht, Kennedy said "he franticlly tried to avoid the collision putting his own life in danger to save the two school girls who were in Kenndys boat on a "fact finding trip" for their high school, the windmill repeatedly smashed into the Senators boat, Uncle Teddy said "he tried to save the girls but the windmill was to much for him" when Kennedy was found washed up on shore all he was wearing was his "back brace", the Girls haven't been found yet.
    Maureen Dowd of the NY Times said "It's terrible how tradgedy follows these poor Kenndy's, my heart goes to them"

Down at the local Liquor store in Hyannis the owner is smiling, he says to his wife, "well thats it for this summer the bastard hurt his back again so he won't be driving his car through the front window again until next summer'

"hic hic hic" :p
  13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Nuke power is the only way to go.

//
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Geez, wistah, I already said it was a facetious response. It was a response to QuiGon's idiotic generalization, nothing more!

Of course, Kennedy is in the wrong. He's in the wrong on lots of issues, but that has nothing to do with the fact that on 95% of the important issues, he stands for things I believe in. That's not a bad batting average. What kind of standard are you holding Kennedy to? If it's Chappy, I understand, but anything else, and he's overall far more principled than most other politicians. You give me any politician (or other human being for that matter), and I guarantee I can find examples of unprincipled or inconsistent behavior.
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +503 / 6 / -2

Bingo! Here in Chelsea they are trying to pass a variance to allow an emergency diesel generator accross the street from a school. The "contention" is that it's only going to run 100 hours annually, and 800 maximum per year to ease the summer stress on the aging system of the 3 adjacent cities. Of course, we're Chelsea, so who cares about a diesel turbine plant accross the street from a school. Anyway, my guess is that the plant will be put in, and you know what, if it's truly needed to ensure that the power grid in the area doesn't fail then what can you do, but to hear the enviro-nazi, the world has 10 years before it explodes people piss on a wind farm is comical. To hear Frauders, you know, the save the planet, but Al Gore can use 20 times the average homes energy cuz he's rich guy defend Kennedy on this is amusing.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +503 / 6 / -2

He's a fukcing murderer! Some principles eh?
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

So you think he's guilty of murder, not involuntary manslaughter? That's a pretty extreme position.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +653 / 2 / -9

He's guilty in my book of Murder because he walked away and left her there to drown without even trying to get help, he ran back to his little flunkies to put "the fix" in to cover his own rotten a$s.

He walked by several houses where he could have called the police, he didn't bang on one door, he told his "hit men" to take care of it then he swam back to his bed and went to sleep not even knowing if they found her alive or dead, that whole tribe of Kennedy's would have done the same thing their rotten old Father taught them well.

The next day all the Massachusetts "Kennedy Worshipers" were bawling and saying to each other "oh poor Teddy", none of the brainwashed fools said "oh poor Mary Jo", dirty bastards.

Thats Murder.
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Um, I think I've made it clear that I see you as a humorless weenie and I've decided to give up conversing with humorless weenies.

For everyone else: I thought it was a weird juxtaposition to put together a gigantic whirling propeller blade and a little bird and say that the impact would be limited:D It doesn't have anything to do with me favoring something that will remove the pollution of 175,000 cars from the area.
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That is the textbook definition of damning someone with faint praise. :rofl:

"He's not a murderer..!! It was manslaughter all the way..!!" :rofl: