Welcome to PatsFans.com

Not front page news for some reason...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ELOrocks17, Mar 8, 2006.

1. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I heard about that yesterday, what a horrible thing. I'm not sure what you're implying, though. That the liberal media didn't want it in the news because the victim is an Iraqi war vet? What about the so-called contempt liberals have for police? You'd figure they'd be jumping all over this guy.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  3. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well if it was a white cop shooting a black motorist--you can bet Jesse JAckson, Al Sharpton, and the ACLU would be calling press conferences and demanding justice for black everywhere---hell, I bet Cindy Sheehan would be down there camping out in front of the white cops home demanding answers! Am i right?
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ahh, I actually didn't know the races of those involved. You might be right on the lack of prominent media coverage, but let me also submit that if the cop was white and the victim black, he probably would not have even been indicted.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

If the Cop was white and the victim black LA would be on fire and people would be running up the streets with TV's in their shoulders.

The ACLU, and the Gang of Racist Hate Whitey Trouble Makers won't have to much to say about this one.

This cop should be chain dragged if he shot this man for no reason, HAS ANYBODY HEARD THE COPS SIDE OF THIS YET?
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Sure, if the cop was white they would have ruled his use of deadly force as justifiable and there would never have been an indictment.
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Maybe, but the Riots Would Be Raging and the Reverands would be Screaming.

Things are pretty quiet on this one.
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well geez, if you're admitting the double standard you surely must understand why people riot. Black cop shoots unarmed white guy, he's indicted. White cop shoots unarmed black guy, he's decorated.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

YUP, we know.
  10. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obviously there isn't anything that happened. Because the media didn't sensationalize it.

The LA riots happened all because of the media constantly showing the Rodney King beating. Over and over and over and over again. Relentlessly.

The media is a VERY powerful tool. No doubt.
  11. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Not sure what bubble you guys are living in. Or is the memory of the news cycle now dropped to a week and we cant remember 2 month old news.

This was on all the news channels months ago; and I saw it; even over here in Germany. IT WAS VIDEOTAPED - IT HAD LOTS AND LOTS OF PLAY.

The video makes the deputy look like a freak.

The airman is laying on the ground after being pulled over and he is telling the deputy he is a MP in military, home on leave. Deputy is standing over him and verbally abusive. Then someone yells Stand Up; the kid tries/starts to stand up and the cop shoots him 3 times.

Way beyond overkill. The kid was not even making a threatening move and cop easily could have just put a boot in his back and said stay down.

Video is not clear who said "Stand Up" but the kid obviously thought he was being given that command.

As for the racial component; the kid was hispanic, if it matters. While I am sure there would have been more still made of it if he were black; I think it was still big news in LA regardless.
  12. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

^^^^...I didn't explain myself clearly enough.

"Nothing happened" -- I'm sure you saw something...what I meant was:

The reactions of all the public.

If the media have a field day on this...there WILL be more riots. Guaranteed.

...so far...nothing happened. See what I'm getting at?
  13. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ivory is...white...right?

Onward.

I can certainly forsee a very big race war coming on one of these days with the gangs running rampant...and all of the illegals running around free. Yep, gonna be one phucked up place. OHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYY...

Especially in LA. I would NOT want to live there when this happens.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

:mad: Isn't there anything that can't be spun into a black/white thing? Anything that involves one black and one white is automatically racist in nature? One thing there's no shortage of in this infantile culture is race baiters like Jesse Jackson and ELO. The longer I'm alive, the more discouraged I get about people. This country is screwed becuase of people like them.
  15. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh get off your high horse wistah. I am not a race-baiter. I know for a fact that if the roles were reversed, you yourself would be down there demanding the death penalty for a white cop. Typical liberal..trying to have it both ways.
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

WTF are you talking about? You think I'm a liberal? You've either never read my posts, think anyone against the occupation of Iraq is a liberal, or you're an idiot.

Why don't you get your head out of the gutter. This thread indicates nothing other than the fact that you are a race baiter - that's why you get off on stirring the pot with racist comparisons where there aren't any. Wasn't that the intention of your post? I'm just sick and tired of you and Jesse pointing out to us how racist this racist country full of racists treats the races in racial situations. Blah, blah, blah freakin blah.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Where the hell is Patters, this thread would be locked up by now, if Patters was around.

Patters will not tolerate this Racial discussion. :bricks: