PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not Familiar with AD - Which LB Is He Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Derrick Thomas (dec)?
DeMarcus Ware?
Willie?
LT?
Merriman?

I'm not really familiar with his game and the highlight reel doesn't show me much. Which LB is he comparable to?

QB12

Willie.....

Only better.....

idk who u can compare him really..

-Fast
-Good in coverage
-doesnt miss tackles
-rushes the passer well
-playmaker..he has a lot of career TDs from INTs or fumble recoveries

"Willie McGinest" but a bit more athletic. As far as football smarts like Willie that remains to be seen.

His Defensive Coordinator in Baltimore, Rex Ryan, compares AD to Carl Banks. I think BB knows a little bit about Banks...

His Defensive Coordinator in Baltimore, Rex Ryan, compares AD to Carl Banks. I think BB knows a little bit about Banks...

Ryan actually compares him to both LT and Banks. He might be a little overexagerating. From what I have seen I think he is a faster Willie Mac. except Willie was taller so Thomas is more stout which I think makes him a little better on the inside which Willie wouldnt really do.

"Willie McGinest" but a bit more athletic. As far as football smarts like Willie that remains to be seen.

I'd say Willie too, but the 1995 version, and with cover skills on par with Ray Lewis (note: I am not comparing AD to Ray Lewis, but I think they are equally good in coverage).

He is a lot like Monty Biesel....except....AD tackles better, covers routes better, rushes the passer better, holds the point of attack better, is faster, bigger, understands defenses better....

So..he is like a good Monty Beisel is the best way to think about it.

I think Willie might have more power in bull rushing, too.
Or had.

Reminds me a bit of Greg Lloyd, the old Steelers LB. Big, powerful, but quick and good in coverage. Excellent all-around. He's kind of Lloyd to Colvin's Kevin Greene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back