Not easy being BJGE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Find it hard to believe that I am pimping an article by Ronnie B., but he does shed some very favorable information about our sure handed blue collar running back..

Not easy being BenJarvus Green-Ellis - BostonHerald.com

Green-Ellis never complained. He “worked hard” instead. Fittingly for a guy who always seems to be fighting for his life, he spent time at the Fifth Street Gym, a refurbished old walk-up in Miami Beach, Fla., that Muhammad Ali once called home. He worked on conditioning, hand speed, rope-skipping — the little things. What he never had to work on was the thing that makes him who he is. He didn’t have to work on his resolve.

“Benny is a great story in my mind,” offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien said yesterday. “I’ll speak for myself. I’m not looking to replace him. He’s a steady guy, a smart guy. He came in here as an undrafted guy and made the football team and every year he has gotten better.”

Last edited:
TBH He is probably my favorite patriot.

Find it hard to believe that I am pimping an article by Ronnie B.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

I'm hoping you got tricked into reading the story (meaning you didn't know the author before you went into it). Good to hear nice things, but I refuse to follow the link. Borges will have to kiss all 3 of BBs [Patriot] SB rings before I support him :)

Find it hard to believe that I am pimping an article by Ronnie B., but he does shed some very favorable information about our sure handed blue collar running back..

It's worth the click for him.... I would ordinarily advise against it giving him the traffic, but not in this case.

Be warned though, the link above goes to page 2 of the article, so make sure to click back to page 1 before starting.

He is the man with the golden hands.

Great story on a very underrated player, and from an unlikely source. Thanks for posting it.

It's worth the click for him.... I would ordinarily advise against it giving him the traffic, but not in this case.

Be warned though, the link above goes to page 2 of the article, so make sure to click back to page 1 before starting.

I think mods should make an exception allowing us to post complete articles by the Borg when they are positive in nature. Which happens only about two or three times a year.

Nice article, thanks for posting it.

Not to turn this into a thread about the author rather than the subject, but it has been pointed out here that Borges is capable of being a very good columnist as long as he doesn't write about either Belichick or union-vs-owners type of topics. So in a way, I'd almost prefer that people do click on this article so he and his editors might consider that this writing style is preferable to those other pieces.

As for BJGE, it's great to see hard work, perseverance and determination pay off for what appears to be a genuinely nice guy.

Title would've been better if it were "Not easy being Green(-Ellis)"
;)

I think it's a great reference in the title, which as I'm sure everyone noticed is from Kermitt the Frog's "not easy being green" song. Very well done! And a nice article to boot! Hooray for BJGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back